Hitchin' a Ride... (and Vit D question)

JuJuBeez
JuJuBeez Member Posts: 332
I had so much fun on the last bus ride, may I ask for another on Thursday? Yep, it's been six months already. I finally got off the sugar high from the last ride. Can anyone bring a crock pot of soup? I'm in the mood for potato soup in a bread bowl. Guess that would be tricky on a bus. Okay, pizza then? ha ha. I keep seeing brownies and wine on the bus.

I am going today to have my Vit D checked AGAIN today. I'm not nervous about that, though. I can't seem to get my D level up, even with supplements. Anyone else have that issue? My level is always 5, 8, 11. Really low. I do live in Central New York, but good grief! I'm wondering if something I take is keeping the supplements from being absorbed. I'm on Tamoxifen, Effexor, Allegra, and Zantac. You would think the docs would say something though, if that were the case.

As always, Thank you Ladies!
Julie

Comments

• susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    You got it!
    These pink bus rides do make memories, don't they? I am still wondering what the pink sisters put in those brownies, as, I feel a little funny after eating a few. You know, hungry and really happy! lol

I can whip up some potato soup for you. We've got the new oven now, so, we can do anything! And, I am so glad we have the dishwasher too, as, some of the pink sisters ( no names mentioned ) are not so good at cleaning up after themselves. lol

My Vitamin D level as always been acceptable. Has your doctor given you a prescription and not used the over the counter Vitamin D? I don't know if the prescription helps more or not.

I will put out a request for you for the pink bus, so, everyone can get aboard.

Best of luck on Thursday!
  • LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    vit D
    You need a prescription for vit. D. Mine was a 6 when I finished chemo and my nutritionist gave me a prescription for 100K units for two weeks, 3 pills a week. My number went up to 33. Now I am on a 10K units dose for 4 weeks, then starting 2K units daily. We should take this for life as we don’t get vit. D from foods.

Good luck!
  • JuJuBeez
    JuJuBeez Member Posts: 332

vit D
    You need a prescription for vit. D. Mine was a 6 when I finished chemo and my nutritionist gave me a prescription for 100K units for two weeks, 3 pills a week. My number went up to 33. Now I am on a 10K units dose for 4 weeks, then starting 2K units daily. We should take this for life as we don’t get vit. D from foods.

Good luck!

Thanks! I have been taking
    Thanks! I have been taking 50,000 IU 1x/week from the dr. (when I remember it...). We'll see if it worked.
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    I just take Vit. D daily..I
    I just take Vit. D daily..I am not sure doseage but levels ok when I just went to my Dr appt. I live in Mid NYS...well water...

Denise
  • camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    I too have been on 50k iu 1x
    I too have been on 50k iu 1x a week and mine was 12 when last tested. My body wasn't absorbing potassium,calcium, and my thyroid levels have not been too normal. So would love to hear if you found something that works.