Newbie to the group

MellieMc
MellieMc Member Posts: 35
Hello all,

I had a lumpectomy and reconstruction surgery done about 3 weeks ago. I'm still in the recovery process. I had 2 tumors in my right breast. They are different types and the Oncologist is sending one to OncoDX to have it tested further.

I am fortunate that my lymph nodes were clear.

I just needed to connect with others.

Comments

• sylvan
    sylvan Member Posts: 66
    Welcome!
    I'm new here too. Glad to see another newbie. I've found everyone here to be so kind and helpful. Hope you find the same.
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    I am so sorry that you have
    I am so sorry that you have become a member of our "club", but you have come to the right place. Everyone will do what they can to help you through it. Just to offer encouragement, here is my story: I had multiple lesions in my breast (all IDC) and 4 nodes and that was 24 years ago! Hang in there. (((Hugs))) and prayers.
  • LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    Welcome!
    So sorry there is ANOTHER person going through this. Seems like there are way too many every single day. But please know we're here to support you in any way we can, answer questions and just listen. I was dx at 32 this year and went through it all, surgery, chemo and radiation, now on tamoxifen. Doing OK so far, just dealing with some breast infection after so many months! Just happy to be alive and grateful to God for everyday.

I hope you post often so we see your progress. And I wish you well on your recovery - may you have a smooth fast one!

Hugs
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Welcome, Mellie
    I'm sorry we had to meet like this! I was a newbie a few years ago, too. Now, these wonderful ladies and a few gents are a bright shining light for me - you'll see.

I hope you are healing well, have no pain and feel as though you've known us forever!

Sue
  • laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    Welcome
    Sounds hopeful since there were no nodes involved. Let us know when you get the news back on the oconotype.
  • roseann4
    roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member

Welcome
    Sounds hopeful since there were no nodes involved. Let us know when you get the news back on the oconotype.

Welcome!
    So sorry about your diagnosis but I'm glad your nodes were clear. I'm almost 3 years out now and doing fine. My cancer was Stage 1 which sounds the same for you. Besides support, this site has lots of good information. You may get a call from someone from the OncoTypeDX lab. They are nice people.

Try to take one step at a time and come back here when you need support.

Roseann
  • Heatherbelle
    Heatherbelle Member Posts: 1,226 Member
    Hi Mellie :)
    No nodes is

No nodes is awesome news! Please keep us updated on how you're doing and remember we are here to help you and support you and give you a place to vent and cry and laugh with other kindred spirits <3
    *hugs*
    Heather
  • skipper54
    skipper54 Member Posts: 936 Member

No nodes is

No nodes is awesome news! Please keep us updated on how you're doing and remember we are here to help you and support you and give you a place to vent and cry and laugh with other kindred spirits <3
    *hugs*
    Heather</p>

Welcome aboard!
    Sorry you had the need to find us but the numbers seem to keep growing and growing. You came to the right place! Keep us up-to-date!
  • Lynn Smith
    Lynn Smith Member Posts: 1,264 Member
    skipper54 said:

Welcome aboard!
    Sorry you had the need to find us but the numbers seem to keep growing and growing. You came to the right place! Keep us up-to-date!

Welcome
    Welcome to the Board.You will find this Board to be very caring and informative.

Glad there were no node involvement and hope the further test comes out good.Sounds like you have a good doctor.

Lynn Smith
  • butterflylvr
    butterflylvr Member Posts: 944

Welcome
    Welcome to the Board.You will find this Board to be very caring and informative.

Glad there were no node involvement and hope the further test comes out good.Sounds like you have a good doctor.

Lynn Smith

Welcome Mellie,
    You surely came to the right place... we have so much pink love and support to dish out. We've all been in your shoes recently, so please stay in touch. It does wonders for the soul when nobody else seems to understand.

Hugs,
    Lorrie
  • RozHopkins
    RozHopkins Member Posts: 578 Member
    Hi
    Great your nodes were clear (mine too). Hope your recovery goes well and quickly. Good luck.
  • debi.18
    debi.18 Member Posts: 850 Member
    Welcome MellieMc
    As others have already said, sorry you've joined us but glad you found us. Everyone here is amazing and the support is awesome. This is definitely the place to connect with others going through the same feelings and emotions you are.

Glad to hear your lymph nodes were clear.

Keep up posted.

Hugs,
    Debi
  • camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    Glad you found this site, it
    Glad you found this site, it has been wonderful. There are a great bunch of supportive pinks and I cannot tell you enough about the support that I have received here. There is always someone who has been where I am.

On to.... so sorry you have to be here at all.

Carol
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598

No nodes is

*hugs*
    Heather</p>

I want to say welcome
    I want to say welcome Mellie!