A sad day!

jo jo
jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
Yesterday we lost another loved one. My gma Miller!
She was 94 years old and she lived a full life and we are all ok with her passing for she always dreamed of going home to see gpa again. Now they are both in heaven and once again together! Yet for us still here we will miss her but we will always have her memories!
We are all doing the task of the buriel process but its still a little rough. Her funeral is set for Thursday.
Its strange cuz thru my whole life, I have never lost so many loved ones as i have in the past year and combinding it while going thru the whole BC thing and dealing with my own immortality. For those of you who know me on here, know its been a very rough year for me and i have struggled with other family members passing away, especailly with Stacys death (my sis/cousin) Which i was really close to and still have issues with her death. I miss her dearly and i still find myself crying over her and its still very painful but im accepting it a little more with time.
Yet i will say that im ok, even with gma passing. Im learning that death is just part of life and we have to just make the best of our loved ones while we still have them!

Comments

• aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    My condolences Jojo
    so sorry to hear about your loss. You sure had some serious blows and I hope you are
    managing to cope with it all.

Hugs,
    Ayse
  • jennytwist
    jennytwist Member Posts: 896
    aysemari said:

My condolences Jojo
    so sorry to hear about your loss. You sure had some serious blows and I hope you are
    managing to cope with it all.

Hugs,
    Ayse

Sorry..
    for your loss. Keeping you in my prayers - take good care -
    much love,
    Jenny
  • mollyz
    mollyz Member Posts: 756 Member
    Peace!
    I'm sending condolences to you and your family, You sound like me jojo i lost a uncle in 2009 but i grew up with him like a brother in the same house well i think the stress of that contributed to the cancer but since i learned i had to give the worry to God because that's his job not ours and i got in the bible more I still love and miss my uncle and will never forget his passing but i understand more now,were just suppose to be here on this earth for just a while our real home is in heaven and your grandma and others are there healed and just enjoying there new life and new body just waiting on us, not that i want to go visit them anytime soon but knowing i will see them one day gives me peace.Just know i understand your hurt more than you know last year while i was fighting breast cancer i had two cousins to die from it so,i had to do a psychological evaluation and step back and let God handle his job cause it wasn't anything i could do.If you want peace of your sister/cousins death and Grandma just read Psalms 23 over and over for a few minutes.Sending prayers to you ~~~~~~Mollyz
  • ManWithaMission
    ManWithaMission Member Posts: 497
    A Sad Day Indeed
    Jojo, I am so sorry to hear of your close losses. Losing anyone is a loss to us all as a people. My sincerest condolence to you and your family at this time. God Bless you all.

Robert
  • camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    JoJo
    I am sorry for your loss. Hopefully this is the end of the losses for some time. No matter how old or young someone is the loss is still there.

Hugs and prayers,
    Carol
  • gami43
    gami43 Member Posts: 281
    camul said:

JoJo
    I am sorry for your loss. Hopefully this is the end of the losses for some time. No matter how old or young someone is the loss is still there.

Hugs and prayers,
    Carol

JoJo I extend my sympathies
    JoJo I extend my sympathies in the loss of your gma. My
    gma was 92 when she passed away and also ready to be with
    my gdad, but her loss was felt for many years. That was 35
    years ago and I still miss her. God bless you.

Luv & hugs, Teresa
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    JoJo, I just don't have the
    JoJo, I just don't have the right words. You have certainly had a tough year. I truly hope and pray that you are done with speed bumps and that your road becomes smooth.

Hugs,

Linda
  • ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    So sorry
    to hear about your loss. Our loved ones are never really gone as long as we keep them in our hearts and memories. My sincere sympathy to you and your family.

Hugs,
    Georgia
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    ladyg said:

So sorry
    to hear about your loss. Our loved ones are never really gone as long as we keep them in our hearts and memories. My sincere sympathy to you and your family.

Hugs,
    Georgia

When someone is in your life for so many years
    it is indeed a huge void. So sorry for your loss, Jojo. Cherish the memories.
    Suzanne
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    I'm sorry about your Grandma
    I know you've had it rough with losing loved ones. It does put a smile on my face to picture your grandparents together.

I hope you feel better.

Hugs,

Sylvia
  • She had a long life
    Dear Jo Jo,
    You had your grandma a long, long time. Lucky you. May memories of her bring you joy and comfort in your time of sorrow.

Lots of Hugs,
    Janelle
  • laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    on the list
    On the prayer list for comfort
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    sea60 said:

I'm sorry about your Grandma
    I know you've had it rough with losing loved ones. It does put a smile on my face to picture your grandparents together.

I hope you feel better.

Hugs,

Sylvia

I just saw this post. My
    I just saw this post. My deepest sympathy to you Jo Jo for your loss.
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294

on the list

Jo Jo my condolences
    Jo Jo my condolences to you and your family. She was loved by family and friends and had a full happy life.
    Hugs
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member

on the list

JoJo, I am so very sorry to
    JoJo, I am so very sorry to read of the passing of your Grandmother. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Hugs, Jan
  • MellieMc
    MellieMc Member Posts: 35

JoJo, I am so very sorry to
    JoJo, I am so very sorry to read of the passing of your Grandmother. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Hugs, Jan

Hugs
    So sorry for your loss.