Happy Sunday!

SueRelays
SueRelays Member Posts: 485
Hey ladies!

Since some of you are so sweet and ask for an update....here it is! Been doing great since surgery....just HATE these annoying drains!! See my surgeon for the first time tomorrow, but don't think he'll pull them yet, but I'm hoping by the end of the week. Want to head over to Portland and spend a week with my daughters, and they are cooking Thanksgiving for the first time this year!!

It was a definite shock seeing my breastless body, but I'm coping and have a great partner. Not sure if I will ever go back for reconstruction, as having 1/5 of my lung removed, 1/2 of my liver, and now both my breasts, has been enough!

I'm just anxious to heal and enjoy each and every minute of life!! So nice to be done with chemo and able to taste food again. That in itself is a blessing I am thankful for every day! Love food!!!

Thankful for all of you each and every day!!!!

Happy Sunday!!

Comments

• Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Thanks for the update Sue.
    Thanks for the update Sue. I am so glad that your surgery and chemo is behind you now. You have a great Thanksgiving. And, hoping you get those awful drains out.

♥ Kristin ♥
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    So glad you are doing well.
    So glad you are doing well. I know what you mean about the damn drains,Oh I hated them things. But they will be gone soon enough. Have a great thanksgiving. HUGS Kay
  • grams2jc
    grams2jc Member Posts: 756
    Happy Sunday to you too!
    Enjoy your visit with your daughters and your Thanksgiving. Hope those drains come out soon!

Jennifer
  • mamolady
    mamolady Member Posts: 796 Member
    Happy Sunday!
    What a perfect time to be able to taste food again! Follow the doctors instructions to the letter so you can get those drains out. After that, it will be no time before you feel more like yourself.
    Have a great Thanksgiving,
    Cindy
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    mamolady said:

Happy Sunday!
    What a perfect time to be able to taste food again! Follow the doctors instructions to the letter so you can get those drains out. After that, it will be no time before you feel more like yourself.
    Have a great Thanksgiving,
    Cindy

Same...
    To you! Hoping every Sunday is a good one for you and all the days in-between!!!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your daughters....let them pamper you....remind them how you changed their diapers...lol.
    Hugs, Nancy
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    grams2jc said:

Happy Sunday to you too!
    Enjoy your visit with your daughters and your Thanksgiving. Hope those drains come out soon!

Jennifer

Happy Sunday to you also
    Happy Sunday to you also Sue! Ugh, hate drains! Thanks for posting an update and hoping that you continue to heal and feel well.

Have a great time with your daughter!
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    MAJW said:

Same...
    To you! Hoping every Sunday is a good one for you and all the days in-between!!!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your daughters....let them pamper you....remind them how you changed their diapers...lol.
    Hugs, Nancy

Sue Thanks for the update
    Wishing you easy and quick healing.
    Hugs
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    MAJW said:

Same...

Hugs, Nancy

So wonderful to see a post
    So wonderful to see a post from you Sue! Good luck today at your doctor's. And, have a wonderful time at your daughters for Thanksgiving!

Sue :)
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    ;-)
    So nice to see you post, even better to hear you are doing well! Hope you get to ditch those drains soon, pesky things that they are! How wonderful that you are going to get to spend a week with your daughters and they are cooking Thanksgiving dinner...relax and enjoy!

Hugs,

RE
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    RE said:

;-)
    So nice to see you post, even better to hear you are doing well! Hope you get to ditch those drains soon, pesky things that they are! How wonderful that you are going to get to spend a week with your daughters and they are cooking Thanksgiving dinner...relax and enjoy!

Hugs,

RE

Wishing you good luck today
    Wishing you good luck today Sue! What a great Thanksgiving to be with your daughter!

Hugs, Debby
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member

So glad you are doing well.
    So glad you are doing well. I know what you mean about the damn drains,Oh I hated them things. But they will be gone soon enough. Have a great thanksgiving. HUGS Kay

Missed Sunday
    I missed Sunday, but, Happy Tuesday to you! I hope you got your drains out Sue. So glad you're done with surgery now and chemo and enjoying food.

Enjoy that turkey at your daughter's!

Hugs, Diane
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    DebbyM said:

Wishing you good luck today
    Wishing you good luck today Sue! What a great Thanksgiving to be with your daughter!

Hugs, Debby

Hoping you can ditch the
    Hoping you can ditch the drains too. How did today go?

Hugs, Leeza