The Flag I Never Wanted.....

I know I haven't been around in a while, but I checked in to read all the posts on occasion.

I wanted to let you all know that my beloved husband passed away from Stage IV prostate cancer on the 17th of October.

The Sheriff's Department has been wonderful to me, handling many things. His service was very beautiful, but it was very difficult. I received the flag that no military/law enforcement wife wants.

Keep on with your fight against this horrid disease. Never stop. My husband didn't stop trying and fighting until two days before he died.

Now I have to learn how to walk alone on the pathway.

Thank you all for your support and knowledge during this 2 1/2 year struggle.

Susiebelle

Comments

• Kentr
    Kentr Member Posts: 111
    Susie, From our house to yours
    When I am gone release me and let me go.
    I have many things to see and do.
    You must not tie yourself to me with tears.
    Be happy we had some time together.
    I gave to you my love.
    You can only guess how much you gave to me in happiness.
    I thank you for the love you each have shown.
    But now it's time I traveled on alone.
    So grieve awhile for me - if grieve you must.
    Then let your grief be comforted by trust.
    It's only for a while that we must part so bless the memories within your heart.
    I won't be far away, for life goes on.
    So if you need me, call and I will come.
    Though you can't see or touch me.
    I'll be near and if you listen with your heart, you'll hear my love around you soft and clear and then when you must come this way alone, I'll greet you with a smile and "Welcome Home."
  • mrspjd
    mrspjd Member Posts: 694 Member
    With deepest sympathy
    Susie,

So very sorry to read of your husband’s passing. Over the last year, your thoughtful, insightful and compassionate posts have touched the hearts of many, and I am no exception. Thank you for sharing your story so beautifully.

With sincere and heartfelt condolences on the loss of your husband.

mrs pjd

“I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.”
    ~“The Old Astronomer to his Pupil” by Sarah Williams
  • lewvino
    lewvino Member Posts: 1,010
    mrspjd said:

With deepest sympathy
    Susie,

So very sorry to read of your husband’s passing. Over the last year, your thoughtful, insightful and compassionate posts have touched the hearts of many, and I am no exception. Thank you for sharing your story so beautifully.

With sincere and heartfelt condolences on the loss of your husband.

mrs pjd

“I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night.”
    ~“The Old Astronomer to his Pupil” by Sarah Williams

I am so sorry to hear of the
    I am so sorry to hear of the loss that you have experienced. Just know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this time.

lewvino
  • VascodaGama
    VascodaGama Member Posts: 3,638 Member
    lewvino said:

I am so sorry to hear of the
    I am so sorry to hear of the loss that you have experienced. Just know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this time.

lewvino

Thinking of you
    Susiebelle

I am sorry about the news on your husband’s death. I have followed your past posts on your husband’s case at stage IV (58 years old), which is rare in this forum. Thanks for sharing the experiences.
    I am late with this post but if it happens that you revisit us, I would like to leave you a cautious note regarding the risk your son has in being afflicted by the same disease. Earlier prevention at 40th is a due thing he should ponder into.

My deepest sympathy to you and yours.

VGama
  • JR1949
    JR1949 Member Posts: 230
    Sorry to hear about your husband
    I am ashamed to admit that I don't get on this network regularly, but I try to check every so often.

I am sorry to hear about your husband's passing. I feel your pain for I lost my mother in March this year. We are never ready to give up a loved one, but I think you just have to trust in God that your loved one is now in a better place free from sickness and pain.

JR
  • middleagemom
    middleagemom Member Posts: 5
    Sincere Condolences
    I read your post about a week ago and became quite teary as my husband is fighting the good fight as well. I am VERY sorry for your loss. He sounds like a wonderful man.

May you be surrounded by the love and support you richly deserve.