~~ What's Everyone Doing For Thanksgiving? ~~

susie09
susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
I know it is early to be asking, but, I imagine most of us have our plans set by now, whether we are hosting it or going somewhere.

So, what are you doing for Turkey Day?

♠♣ Love, Susie ♠♣

I love turkey! Happy Thanksgiving!

Comments

• Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Hubby's working
    On Turkey Bird Day, Hubby and I will not be doing anything special. It's just the 2 of us so he has volunteerd to be the primary driver (he's a tow truck driver) that day so those with family can be with them. We will go up to Deadwood for an overnight before or after Thaksgiving.

Susan
  • Giant Poodles
    Giant Poodles Member Posts: 79
    Rague said:

Hubby's working
    On Turkey Bird Day, Hubby and I will not be doing anything special. It's just the 2 of us so he has volunteerd to be the primary driver (he's a tow truck driver) that day so those with family can be with them. We will go up to Deadwood for an overnight before or after Thaksgiving.

Susan

I have four children 15-23
    I have four children 15-23 all still at home. So I will be cooking and having having my 23 year olds fiance over. This is never too early. I have already put up all my Christmas decorations. I needed a little joy and decorating for Christmas does that. I also put up a lot of stuff and I want to be able to enjoy it for a while. And most importantly I will thank God for being alive.

Rhonda
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member

I have four children 15-23
    I have four children 15-23 all still at home. So I will be cooking and having having my 23 year olds fiance over. This is never too early. I have already put up all my Christmas decorations. I needed a little joy and decorating for Christmas does that. I also put up a lot of stuff and I want to be able to enjoy it for a while. And most importantly I will thank God for being alive.

Rhonda

We're having Thanksgiving
    We're having Thanksgiving here for the family. I just ordered my turkey today and it is going to be a big one, but I love leftovers, and, I like to send some home with everyone too.

I may have to drink a bottle of wine myself to keep my nerves calm with all of the adults and children. LOL

Happy Thanksgiving to you Susie!

Hugs, Jan
  • Lynn Smith
    Lynn Smith Member Posts: 1,264 Member

We're having Thanksgiving here for the family. I just ordered my turkey today and it is going to be a big one, but I love leftovers, and, I like to send some home with everyone too.

I may have to drink a bottle of wine myself to keep my nerves calm with all of the adults and children. LOL

Hugs, Jan

Husband and I are having dinner
    Husband and I are having dinner alone.Our First time. Daughters-in-law caused problems last year.

Suvivorbc 09.I dont drink or I would.Just to be able to have Thanksgiving with my rude daughters-in law. Maybe I need effexor just for that day!!!!!!

Lynn Smith
  • susie09

Hugs, Jan

I might need some of that
    I might need some of that wine too Jan! lol
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    susie09 said:

I might need some of that
    I might need some of that wine too Jan! lol

We're going to my sister and
    We're going to my sister and brother in laws home for Thanksgiving. We're really looking forward to it as it is so great to be with all of the family in one place.

Lots of food and laughs! And, wine too survivorbc09!

Wishing all a Happy Thanksgiving early!

Hugs, Kylez
  • LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    Family
    Hi - I'm having thanksgiving with my boyfriend's family and spending a day with my mom for a dinner.

Hope you have wonderful plans and look forward to enjoying yourself.

:)
  • skipper54
    skipper54 Member Posts: 936 Member

Family
    Hi - I'm having thanksgiving with my boyfriend's family and spending a day with my mom for a dinner.

Actually not sure yet
    But it will be spent with family. We usually go to my mother-in-law's but she's currently in rehab because her UTI went septic and wiped her out. If we can take her out for the day we'll still go to her house but do the cooking. If not, they serve a buffet in the restaurant dining room that we'll make reservations for and all go together. Thanksgiving just doesn't seem to be our holiday. Last year we rallied around my sister-in-law when her husband died the Sunday before. Maybe a change in venue would be for the best this year?
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991

Family

My husband and I are having
    My husband and I are having Thanksgiving here. I also have ordered my turkey, as, that week gets so hectic.

Everyone will bring something which will help out a lot. Looking forward to a really nice day.

Happy Thanksgiving pink sisters!
  • Grandma X 6
    Grandma X 6 Member Posts: 135
    Angie2U said:

My husband and I are having
    My husband and I are having Thanksgiving here. I also have ordered my turkey, as, that week gets so hectic.

Everyone will bring something which will help out a lot. Looking forward to a really nice day.

Happy Thanksgiving pink sisters!

With my Family
    I will be cooking for at least 15. My Children ans their spouses and of course my 4 Grandchildren it will be noisy, but that's a good thing. I make all my own fresh pies, I will soon cook my sugar pumpkins and apples are in the fridge waiting for me to attack them. I think I made 9 pies last year I give some of them away. It will be a fun day. Oh wine also. Have fun cooking everyone.
  • ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    Still not sure.
    I know I will be making a turkey at home for my husband and my mother. I am still undecided to invite my friends that we have had dinner with the last couple of years. I am hesitating on this because I am having some major dental work done 6 days before Thanksgiving and I am not sure if I will feel up to having anyone here.

Hugs,
    Georgia
  • mamolady
    mamolady Member Posts: 796 Member
    Getting back to normal!
    My daughter will be coming out from Colorado as before, we are having prime rib at my mother in laws. Friday will be setting up the Christmas tree and decorating. Saturday we are doing Thanksgiving dinner again with my sister then off to Christmas in the Park in downtown San Jose!
    Being 4 months out from treatment, my energy is getting good enough to do the things I want, if I skip house work! I am so glad I broke down and started paying someone to do that!
  • susie09

With my Family
    I will be cooking for at least 15. My Children ans their spouses and of course my 4 Grandchildren it will be noisy, but that's a good thing. I make all my own fresh pies, I will soon cook my sugar pumpkins and apples are in the fridge waiting for me to attack them. I think I made 9 pies last year I give some of them away. It will be a fun day. Oh wine also. Have fun cooking everyone.

9 pies? I am impressed
    9 pies? I am impressed Grandmax3! That's the one thing I am not good at.
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    ladyg said:

Still not sure.
    I know I will be making a turkey at home for my husband and my mother. I am still undecided to invite my friends that we have had dinner with the last couple of years. I am hesitating on this because I am having some major dental work done 6 days before Thanksgiving and I am not sure if I will feel up to having anyone here.

Hugs,
    Georgia

I love Thanksgiving! I have
    I love Thanksgiving! I have so much to be thankful for! We are having dinner here and having family and friends out.

I hope everyone has a fabulous day!

Hugs, Leeza
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Tday seems to be the only day
    we can get together with my hubby's family. He has 4 grown children with families. So, that's where I'll be, but in the morning I'll be frantically making 6 or so pies to take with us.

I wanted to have dinner here, but it's hunting season and so we have to be closer to the killing fields.

Sue
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    sbmly53 said:

Tday seems to be the only day
    we can get together with my hubby's family. He has 4 grown children with families. So, that's where I'll be, but in the morning I'll be frantically making 6 or so pies to take with us.

I wanted to have dinner here, but it's hunting season and so we have to be closer to the killing fields.

Sue

Lynn...
    Wish you and your hubby lived near me in NC....we'd love to have you join us....Who knows, just you and your hubby may turn out to be a wonderful, restful day of thanks....
    Hugs,Nancy
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    mamolady said:

Getting back to normal!
    My daughter will be coming out from Colorado as before, we are having prime rib at my mother in laws. Friday will be setting up the Christmas tree and decorating. Saturday we are doing Thanksgiving dinner again with my sister then off to Christmas in the Park in downtown San Jose!
    Being 4 months out from treatment, my energy is getting good enough to do the things I want, if I skip house work! I am so glad I broke down and started paying someone to do that!

Thanksgiving dinner will be
    Thanksgiving dinner will be here too. I don't know if I could do it except my husband is a gem. He helps me do everything and anything. His cleaning leaves a lot to demand, but, he tries and that is what counts. LOL

We're going to have so much food to eat, so much wine to drink and so much fun! I can't wait for Thanksgiving to come!

Wishing all of you the best Thanksgiving!
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    I love turkey too! The cats
    I love turkey too! The cats and I drool around the house until the turkey is done.

This year, we are cooking and Katherine and 3 friends are coming. We also have a dear old friend coming and a few neighbors. Should be a fairly tame affair.
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    susie09 said:

9 pies? I am impressed
    9 pies? I am impressed Grandmax3! That's the one thing I am not good at.

I would like to drop by
    I would like to drop by Grandma's too and pick some of those homemade pies!
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    After many years of JUST MY
    After many years of JUST MY HOUSEHOLD for Thanksgiving my neice invited all of us for dinner...will be nice...we used to always have together...then some issues and now back...if my mom were around she would be so excited to see this or be with all of us...

Denise

we all live local......