Christmas List

dorookie
dorookie Member Posts: 1,731 Member
I am getting the list out tonight, please know that there are people on the list that have passed away, after some discussion, we have decided to leave those who have passed on the list, some still send cards to their families, but I wanted everyone to know so no one was shocked to see some names of those who have passed on.

Please also know that we all understand if someone cant give cards, but there are some that like to still send. I have taken a few names off at the request of some. Believe me we all know about financial issues, I respect those that requested to be off the list, but I do encourage and would like to keep everyone on the list, but I will totally respect those who have contacted me.

Okay enough rambling. Please know that I am sending the list out tonight, and that I have to send it out about 87 times because CSN email only allows one address per email. Please know the list is final no more additions this year. last year I sent it out, and had to resent it about 360 times because people wanted on the list, which means I had to update it and resent it 85 times, four times, it was crazy, but I felt bad and I did it, cant do it this time, so I apologize if someone gets upset.

HUGS
Beth

Comments

• idlehunters
    idlehunters Member Posts: 1,787 Member
    hey Beth....
    You have gone above and beyond in regards to this list. You sent out more than one notice to get on the list... if someone didn't get their info to you...that's on them!!! You have done an outstanding job and you have my sincere thanks. You are very much appreciated...not to mentioed LOVED!!!!!! Hugs....

Jennie
  • maglets
    maglets Member Posts: 2,576 Member

hey Beth....
    You have gone above and beyond in regards to this list. You sent out more than one notice to get on the list... if someone didn't get their info to you...that's on them!!! You have done an outstanding job and you have my sincere thanks. You are very much appreciated...not to mentioed LOVED!!!!!! Hugs....

Jennie

thank you Bethie!!
    thank you darling girl.....what a huge job

and it is a huge list. to tell truth i thought about asking to be removed from the list because of financial restraints....but I didn't.
    It is certainly sobering to see the number of dear ones passed.

I think rather than try to blanket the whole list, I am going to write to people that I really feel i know and would to communicate with. last year I got cards from people that I did not send to and i loved getting them but it made me feel badly. I guess I am just praying that this exercise was devised by Donna in her true spirit of loving and giving....therefore it should not be a stressful thing.

jingle bell jingle...oh wait you guys have to have turkey day first....hahah we all done and waiting for snow.....

thanks again....beth.....well done

maggie
  • geotina
    geotina Member Posts: 2,111 Member
    Beth:
    Thank you so much. I have been out of the loop a bit but slowly getting back on track. Again, thanks.

Tina
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Beth:)
    Chicky says "thank you."

Come to think of it - so do I:)

-The Lion
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Beth:) "The List" - a Couple of Corrections
    I reviewed the list and saw a couple of folks on there, who have passed away, but their profile not updated.

I know Beth has gone to alot of effort to keep all of this maintained. I also know that does not want to mail this out again, so I thought I could tell you the folks in question and you can make the corrections on your individual lists. Hopefully this will help all of those involved.

#38 Kate58 (Cathy) has passed away.

#46 Confused1 (Colleen) has passed away.

#62 Lori-S (Lori) shows a Nevada address, but I believe I saw her post that she had moved and I don't have a new address.

Sorry to butt in, Beth, but I know cards, envelopes and stamps are precious commodities and I thought this information would be useful, so that folks could redirect those resources in another direction.

All else looks well - I see some new faces:)

It is sobering and sad to see those that are no longer with us:(

No action required for Beth - just make the adjustments the old-fashioned way - with a pen or pencil, LOL!

Happy Holidays to one and all!

From Santa's Helper for Beth:)

HO! HO! HO!
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Thank you, my dear Beth!!!!!
    I agree, I LOVE to SEND cards, but REALLY don't keep track of who does or does not send to me.....I know in these hard budget times, it's hard, but it's one of MY few joys at the holidays to reach out to all of you!!! So, don't leave just because you can't return the cards...PLEASE!!!!

Hugs, Kathi
  • Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    Thank you
    Dear Beth, thank you for taking on the Christmas list again. Your efforts are certainly apprieciated.

Hugs,

Marie who loves kitties
  • dorookie
    dorookie Member Posts: 1,731 Member

Thank you
    Dear Beth, thank you for taking on the Christmas list again. Your efforts are certainly apprieciated.

Hugs,

Marie who loves kitties

Thanks Everyone
    It was my pleasure..

Craig, thanks so much for the corrections, I will make them to the list for next year, and thanks for posting it where everyone can see it, I dont think I could send another 80 somthing emails. I think next year I am going to try something new. This year for one I am going to put the list in a better format and find a better way to post it or a way where I dont have to send it out so many times, if anyone has any ideas let me know..

Love to you all....getting my cards this weekend, I really love doing this, I dont care if i dont get a card, I love sending them and I am thankful that I am able too. For those who cant, please dont feel bad, like Mags said, Donna started this for the right reasons, the spirit of giving and receiving, sometimes we need to learn how to receive without giving....

HUGS
    Beth
  • KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Thought I'd bump this...
    One more time...

Hugs, Kathi
  • lauragb
    lauragb Member Posts: 370 Member
    Thanks!
    I got my list and I'm very happy. Hopefully this is something I'll feel like doing while I am recuperating from my surgery. I'm going out to get the cards today. Leave for surgery tomorrow!

Sending love and light.
    Laura