"Light your candle NOW!"

Rague
Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
edited November 2011 in Breast Cancer #1
"Fire has always been regarded as something holy, magical and mysterious. In most societies, fire first belonged to the gods. the legend of Prometheus and the creation of humanity are but one example. Prometheus is credited with having stolen the fire from the gods and given it to mortal mankind.

Fire originates in all aspects of life. From volcanic fires to the fires of ordinary body heat to that all consuming fire of passion in the belly, froom the solar fires to the fures if untellect, Fire's presence is felt nearly everywhere.

When we use the fires of candles, we are paericipating in the ritual of fire that has existed throughout the ages. Therefore this healing practice should be seen as an ancient ceremony of creation.

Look upon the unlit candle as the unlit essence of life energy in the physical body that awaits a renewing touch of fire to help restore health to body and soul. When you light its flame, imagine you are creating light where there was no light, bringing warmth and healing where it is needed. The imaging or visualization in itself is extremely healing."

I received this via 'snail mail' today along with the pictures from the Retreat. It came at a particularly sad time for me but I find it comforting and I will be lighting a candle tonight at the barn for a very special young man who is no longer with us. We've known him for years and he was one of finest young men I've ever known. I don't know the cause yet but it's suspected it was his heart. Well actually I'll be lighting 2 candles - one for Dave and one for all the Sisters.

Susan

Comments

• MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Susan...
    I am so very sorry for the loss of this young man......I know your heart is hurting....I light candles all the time...and I love it that colder weather is here so that we can use the fireplace...I love staring into the flames...

Again so very sorry...and a candle is burning....
    Hush, Nancy