A Jo Jo update :)

jo jo
jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
Hi all
Well i just passed my 2 year mark (diagnosed in October 09) and im still alive...WOOO HOOO!

Im recouping from my last surgery. Im anxious to start working out and toning up this flab of skin i have become acustome to...its going to take alot of work and at a slow pace. Doc said i cant start for a few weeks yet...so hopfully by the end of Nov i can start. I will start small and work my way up to Zumba dancing...hehe!

Once i get a little muscle tone back i can start thinkin about going back to work...oh how i miss earning my own pay. Doc thinks maybe by march/april i can go back. My job is very physical so i have to be healthy. I even talked to my old boss and they have held my job for me till im able to come back...its nice that they missed me!

Overall im doing good but i still have alot of little corks or hurdles going wrong with my body but hey I BEAT CANCER...so these little corks aint nothing...right girls!!!

Thats it in a nut shell...short and sweet! Or should i rephrase that to...im still the nut and your all sweet...hehe!

Comments

• laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    So glad
    So glad to hear from you. Extra glad you are doing so well despite the hurdles. Good to know your job is still waiting for you.

I of course am not even a year out from the diagnosis. I am hoping at least part of it will just seem like a bad dream.
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    So glad things are looking
    So glad things are looking up for you. I know you have been through so much. So happy for you JoJo. I missed seeing your smile on here. Take care darlin Kay,
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Jo Jo, so good to see you
    Jo Jo, so good to see you post. Congratulations on hitting the 2 year mark!! That is most definately worth celebrating. As far as exercise goes, I have been doing Jazzercise for years. The nice thing about it is you can either work out high impact or low impact. I have continued throughout my over 2 year battle somedays working low impact and some days, when I feel really good, working high impact. It's a lot of fun and you meet some wonderful ladies there, too. I hope you are up and back at it soon but remember to give your body time to heal and don't over do it. Take care. (((Hugs)))
  • jamjar62
    jamjar62 Member Posts: 135

So glad
    So glad to hear from you. Extra glad you are doing so well despite the hurdles. Good to know your job is still waiting for you.

I of course am not even a year out from the diagnosis. I am hoping at least part of it will just seem like a bad dream.

Bad dream
    Hey there. I wanted to address your post because I see some of myself in it.

I was diagnosed 9 years ago right before Christmas. I had my first chemo 2 days after Christmas. Ho ho ho.

I can promise you that in time, it will seem like a bad dream. I lived in fear for awhile because my tumor was large and I had positive nodes - 5/17. A person can only do that for so long before you start to make yourself CRAZY!

I finally decided to live my life like a person who didn't have cancer because I had done that for 40 years and was pretty darn good at it. For 40 years, I assumed I was healthy and lived life as if I was. I determined that 1 year of cancer crap wasn't going to wipe away 40 good years of health and happiness.

Am I always successful at it? No. Especially at check-up times but it does get easier the farther away I get from diagnosis. There will always be bumps in the road but that's life, cancer or no cancer, right?

I realize that right now cancer probably consumes most of your thoughts but it does get easier to see yourself not as a patient/victim but as a survivor.

Blessings to you on your road to complete wellness. And I hope this made some kind of sense. One never knows what with chemo brain and age!

Karen
  • grams2jc
    grams2jc Member Posts: 756
    Yay JoJo!
    So glad you made it to your 2 year cancerversary! It's great that your old job is waiting for you and I hope you get back there soon.

Good to hear from you, keep us posted,

Jennifer
  • mwallace1325
    mwallace1325 Member Posts: 806
    grams2jc said:

Yay JoJo!
    So glad you made it to your 2 year cancerversary! It's great that your old job is waiting for you and I hope you get back there soon.

Good to hear from you, keep us posted,

Jennifer

Good to hear from you
    Good to hear from you here again, Jo Jo. Isn't the two year mark fun to reach; then we know we're almost half way to the five year mark. I can't wait for that one. I was March 09.

Glad everything is going well and so happy to hear your employer kept your job for you.

I too am working at the muscle tone, lost 30+ pounds and need to tighten every up that went by the wayside.

Take care, go easy at first and keep us posted.

marge
  • roseann4
    roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member

Good to hear from you
    Good to hear from you here again, Jo Jo. Isn't the two year mark fun to reach; then we know we're almost half way to the five year mark. I can't wait for that one. I was March 09.

Glad everything is going well and so happy to hear your employer kept your job for you.

I too am working at the muscle tone, lost 30+ pounds and need to tighten every up that went by the wayside.

Take care, go easy at first and keep us posted.

marge

So glad to hear from you!
    Feb will be 3 years for me but I still check in. You have been thru more than bc challenges so I'm thrilled for you . Please keep us posted.

Roseann
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member

So glad things are looking
    So glad things are looking up for you. I know you have been through so much. So happy for you JoJo. I missed seeing your smile on here. Take care darlin Kay,

Congrats on the 2 years!
    Congrats on the 2 years! That is great Jo Jo!

Hugs, Leeza