Heels

disneyfan2008
disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
I asked at oncologist appt today...said nothing to do with Tamoxifen...could be heel issue and to see foot dr...(odd name..I can hear it in my head but not type it out..fiskel something) hehe

Denise

I think I'll try gel inserts first
!
Denise

Comments

• grams2jc
    grams2jc Member Posts: 756
    Don't blame you
    I'd try the inserts first too

Here's hoping for an easy fix,

Jennifer
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Don't waste ...
    Your time or money on "inserts".....if it is plantar fasciitis the sooner it's treated the better....see a podiatrist...I had it about 5 years ago....let it go for a few months and it only got worse....my husband is dealing with it right now...stubborn man wouldn't go to the podiatrist...spent $500.00 for inserts from a place called Happy Feet...don't waste your time with this place if you've heard of one..... FINALLY after months of pain he went to see our podiatrist....he waited so long that the shots of cortisone (3) total didn't work.. Has had 2 shock wave therapies with one left....he now has good orthotics...and is slowly getting better......best way to tell if it's plantar fasciitis is if you have the "morning cripple walk"....

Wishing you the best,
    Hugs, Nancy
  • mollieb
    mollieb Member Posts: 148
    Plantar Fasciitis
    I agree that gel inserts probably won't cut it. Custom orthotics (insurance should pay) and maybe cortisone injections. Plus -- and this is the most important thing -- stretching. Put your hands against the wall, put your foot back, and bend the knee of your front leg. Hold it for 10-15 seconds. Repeat 10-15 times, three times a day, on both sides. Feel the stretch in the back of your knee. This really makes all the difference. Helps it feel better and keeps it from coming back.
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    mollieb said:

Plantar Fasciitis
    I agree that gel inserts probably won't cut it. Custom orthotics (insurance should pay) and maybe cortisone injections. Plus -- and this is the most important thing -- stretching. Put your hands against the wall, put your foot back, and bend the knee of your front leg. Hold it for 10-15 seconds. Repeat 10-15 times, three times a day, on both sides. Feel the stretch in the back of your knee. This really makes all the difference. Helps it feel better and keeps it from coming back.

Thanks for info..looks like
    Thanks for info..looks like i'll be calling the FOOT DR...soon

Denise