Robinvan

dmdwins
dmdwins Member Posts: 454 Member
Hey Rob

Just noticed youve been checking in occasionally on some of the posts. Just wondering how you are? Last I knew you were recovering and hangin in there. Id love to hear an update as Im sure others might as well.

Dawn

Comments

• robinvan
    robinvan Member Posts: 1,012
    Hanging in there!
    Hi Dawn,

Not too much to update. Into my 8th year now of living with stage 4 (Dx Aug '04). Major surgery last February was to remove my sacrum and install a colostomy. I had adjuvant radiation and chemo after the surgery, finishing up in June, and am now in recovery mode. Strength is returning to my legs and I'm walking regularly. Generally doing well.

I do visit the site and read posts fairly regularly. The CSN community has changed a lot. There are still a lot of familiar faces though. What an incredible community. We've lost a lot of good people, but I see many new people eager to pick up the work of supporting others on their journey. I see number of folks from here on Facebook and Caring Bridge. And I am avidly following Craig's book as he posts pieces now and then. I did post here a few months back with a summary of 7 years of treatments, scans, and appointments. Phew! What a lot of work!

I'm available to talk to anyone who experiences a recurrence in the sacrum. Haven't heard of any lately. Johnsfo and I were the only two I knew of. He's been gone almost a year now, sad to say.

My blog ( http://rob-pollock.blogspot.com/ ) is fairly quiet but still available to folks who are looking for my reflections on living with stage 4 colon cancer. Most recently I included a clip from a radio interview I did here in BC on "The Language of Cancer". Quite fun to do that.

And I'm a grandpa! :):)

That's all folks.

Be well (enough)... Rob; in Vancouver

"You have not survived cancer until you have died of something else!"
  • relaxoutdoors08
    relaxoutdoors08 Member Posts: 521 Member
    robinvan said:

Hanging in there!
    Hi Dawn,

Not too much to update. Into my 8th year now of living with stage 4 (Dx Aug '04). Major surgery last February was to remove my sacrum and install a colostomy. I had adjuvant radiation and chemo after the surgery, finishing up in June, and am now in recovery mode. Strength is returning to my legs and I'm walking regularly. Generally doing well.

I do visit the site and read posts fairly regularly. The CSN community has changed a lot. There are still a lot of familiar faces though. What an incredible community. We've lost a lot of good people, but I see many new people eager to pick up the work of supporting others on their journey. I see number of folks from here on Facebook and Caring Bridge. And I am avidly following Craig's book as he posts pieces now and then. I did post here a few months back with a summary of 7 years of treatments, scans, and appointments. Phew! What a lot of work!

I'm available to talk to anyone who experiences a recurrence in the sacrum. Haven't heard of any lately. Johnsfo and I were the only two I knew of. He's been gone almost a year now, sad to say.

My blog ( http://rob-pollock.blogspot.com/ ) is fairly quiet but still available to folks who are looking for my reflections on living with stage 4 colon cancer. Most recently I included a clip from a radio interview I did here in BC on "The Language of Cancer". Quite fun to do that.

That's all folks.

Enjoy Your Walks in Beautiful Vancouver
    Rob,
    We spent a few days in Vancouver on our way to taking an Alaskan Tour. Congratulations on being a Grandpa. Enjoy your walks and build that strength so you can "really enjoy that grandchild."
    NB
  • dmdwins
    dmdwins Member Posts: 454 Member

Enjoy Your Walks in Beautiful Vancouver
    Rob,
    We spent a few days in Vancouver on our way to taking an Alaskan Tour. Congratulations on being a Grandpa. Enjoy your walks and build that strength so you can "really enjoy that grandchild."
    NB

Thanks for the reply
    Thanks for the reply Rob. I did see your update a few months back and checked in on your caring bridge site and saw that you were a grandpa. Congratulations!

I am sure that you are an inspiration to many as you are 8 years living with cancer.It is good for them to see your story.

You have always been an inspiration to me from when I first joined the boards in 2008. I read posts often but only reply when I think I have something to offer. It is hard to remember all of those we have lost but important to encourage those in the fight.

Wishing you many, many, more years "living with cancer"

Take Care,
    Dawn
  • tommycat
    tommycat Member Posts: 790 Member
    robinvan said:

Hanging in there!
    Hi Dawn,

That's all folks.

Really enjoyed reading your story. Thanks
  • pepebcn
    pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
    tommycat said:

Really enjoyed reading your story. Thanks

Congratulations Grandpa !
    Hugs!