We have a plan!

NikiMo
NikiMo Member Posts: 342
First thanks to everyone who responded to my questions about post-op chemo. I just spoke with our nurse and we have a plan. First the feeding pump with directions will arrive tomorrow, the dietician is out today, and that is ok since Jeff is starting to eat a bit more. They are sending out a home health aid to show us how to administer fluids to Jeff through his port. And the nurse called in a prescription for a steroid to help with the nausea. I also asked her about what we will do for the next infusion. They said they will think about adjusting the dosage, but will also be giving him emend to try and keep the nausea under control.

I feel 100 times better already knowing we have a plan. Jeff feels more secure now too knowing that he will be getting nutrients very soon.

Niki

Comments

• sangora
    sangora Member Posts: 213
    Great You Have A Plan
    But its a shame that patients have to be near "in the toilet" before our medical team springs into action. Praying all this will help things go better. Sam
  • TerryV
    TerryV Member Posts: 887
    Yippee! Positive movement
    Niki,

You are so in my thoughts as you and Jeff make this chemo trek again. Yuck! I think you will find the Emend to be a lifesaver. We did during chemo and even following surgery. Nick mentally depended on the availability of the Jtube as backup more than we had realized. It took the Emend to get us through that bump as well.

Glad you will be able to speak with the nutritionist tomorrow and even better that the pump will be delivered tomorrow. All forward steps!

We're only a keyboard away. Shout if you need anything!

Terry
  • Ericalynn
    Ericalynn Member Posts: 200
    I love it when a plan comes together!

Niki,
    I agree with Terry—Yippee! You have a plan and the equipment and help are on the way, good news! Jeff will feel better with more nutrition and fluids. He can eat if he feels like it but will not have the pressure and you will not have to worry if he is getting enough calories. It makes things much easier. What a relief for you both!
    Hope you can get a good nights sleep tonight and tomorrow goes smooth to get everything set up
    Sending you & Jeff positive thoughts
    Love Erica