New tata's moved

Options
shelbyhome
shelbyhome Member Posts: 145
I have a question... my exchange surgery was Sept.2010 and now my my new tata's have moved east and west... has anyone had this happen and what can they do?

Comments

• Dawne.Hope
    Dawne.Hope Member Posts: 823
    Options
    Fairly common
    Hi Shelby,

I haven't had it happen but I've read about women who have had that happen. The migration to the armpits or the implants 'bottoming' out are the most common reasons for revisions.

If it happens early out from your exchange surgery, it can be helped by wearing bras that keep the foobs 'front and center.' Wearing a good bra soon after the exchange can help the capsule that forms around the implant stay where your PS put the implants.

Since it's been a year, I think your option may be limited to a revision surgery ... a PS will go in and secure the pocket laterally with sutures. Consult with your PS or go and get 2,3,or 4th opinion. I'm sorry this has happened to you. :( It's not uncommon. But it can be fixed with surgery.

Best wishes to you.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options

Fairly common
    Hi Shelby,

I haven't had it happen but I've read about women who have had that happen. The migration to the armpits or the implants 'bottoming' out are the most common reasons for revisions.

If it happens early out from your exchange surgery, it can be helped by wearing bras that keep the foobs 'front and center.' Wearing a good bra soon after the exchange can help the capsule that forms around the implant stay where your PS put the implants.

Since it's been a year, I think your option may be limited to a revision surgery ... a PS will go in and secure the pocket laterally with sutures. Consult with your PS or go and get 2,3,or 4th opinion. I'm sorry this has happened to you. :( It's not uncommon. But it can be fixed with surgery.

Best wishes to you.

Thank you .. Dawne
    Such valuable information for many of us.!!!

Vicki Sam
  • shelbyhome
    shelbyhome Member Posts: 145
    Options

Fairly common
    Hi Shelby,

Best wishes to you.

THANK YOU I HAVE MADE AN
    THANK YOU I HAVE MADE AN APPOINTMENT WITH MY PS AND I MAY GET ANOTHER OPINION BECAUSE HE TOLD ME THAT I DIDNT HAVE TO WEAR A BRA AT ALL AND I DIDNT FOR MONTHS.
    THANKS AGAIN
    HUGS :)
    ROBBIN