I'm back....

Glenna M
Glenna M Member Posts: 1,576
Sorry for deserting everyone for so long but I have not been feeling well for sometime now, exhausted both physically and mentally. I think all the waiting was wearing me down as much as the cancer was.

Wonderful news!!! The doctors finally felt it was safe to start chemo yesterday. I know it's too early for any physical changes but this has lifted my spirits so much just knowing that we are finally fighting this beast again. I'm receiving Carboplatin/Taxol every three weeks and will be having a CT scan after the third treatment to see if there are any changes.

I'm hoping to have the energy now to come back every day and help as many people as I can because that has always made me feel wonderful. It's sad to see all the new names lately but please don't get discouraged or give up. There is always hope and I'm proof of it.

Bless you all and keep on fighting!!

Glenna

Comments

• z
    z Member Posts: 1,414 Member
    Glenna
    I am so glad you are able to start fighting the cancer again, and keep it depleted and disappearing forever. I have you in my thoughts and prayers. Lori
  • medi_2
    medi_2 Member Posts: 505 Member
    YA-HOO!!!!!
    Glenna is coming out of the holding pattern and ready to take off!!! You go, Girl!Kill the beast!
    XOXOXOX
    Medi!
  • grannylove
    grannylove Member Posts: 183
    Faaaaaantastic!
    Glenna, Wonderful wonderful news! I am so happy for you that you have gotten the go ahead on attacking this beast. My daily prayers and thoughts are with you my friend! I can only imagine how hard it was waiting but I am so glad that you are feeling better and stronger now. You truly are a walking testimony to all on this board! Take care to take care. Blessings to you. Cheryl
  • Glenna M
    z said:

Glenna
    I am so glad you are able to start fighting the cancer again, and keep it depleted and disappearing forever. I have you in my thoughts and prayers. Lori

Lori
    Thank you for the special thoughts and prayers, they are what help me make it through each day. First day after chemo and I'm feeling pretty good!!

I will kick it's azz and be stronger and back to normal in no time.

Thank you,
    Glenna
  • Glenna M
    medi_2 said:

YA-HOO!!!!!
    Glenna is coming out of the holding pattern and ready to take off!!! You go, Girl!Kill the beast!
    XOXOXOX
    Medi!

Medi....
    I've missed seeing your smiling face lately :) Yes, I am going to kill this ugly beast this time. I will show no mercy!!

Love ya,
    Glenna
  • Glenna M

Faaaaaantastic!
    Glenna, Wonderful wonderful news! I am so happy for you that you have gotten the go ahead on attacking this beast. My daily prayers and thoughts are with you my friend! I can only imagine how hard it was waiting but I am so glad that you are feeling better and stronger now. You truly are a walking testimony to all on this board! Take care to take care. Blessings to you. Cheryl

Cheryl
    Yes, it is such a relief to finally be starting treatment, the waiting and postponing were wearing me down mentally and I was becoming quite depressed. That's all over now and the fight is on. I WILL be VICTORIOUS!!!!

Blessings to you also,
    Glenna
  • NayPaul
    NayPaul Member Posts: 230 Member
    Glenna M said:

Cheryl
    Yes, it is such a relief to finally be starting treatment, the waiting and postponing were wearing me down mentally and I was becoming quite depressed. That's all over now and the fight is on. I WILL be VICTORIOUS!!!!

Blessings to you also,
    Glenna

waiting sucks!
    The only thing worse than bad news, is waiting!
  • sleepless in jersey
    sleepless in jersey Member Posts: 185
    Kill the BEAST
    Im so happy your right to start to kill the beast!
    Continue to keep your head up kiddo.
    Good to see you back :)
  • mamacita5
    mamacita5 Member Posts: 254 Member

Kill the BEAST

I am praying hard for you
    I am praying hard for you Glenna. I have been taking a little time out too. More lurking than commenting lately. I am a month into my Tarceva to treat my bone mets. Bone scan next month to see if its working. Keep us posted sweetie.
    Anita
  • grannylove
    grannylove Member Posts: 183
    mamacita5 said:

I am praying hard for you Glenna. I have been taking a little time out too. More lurking than commenting lately. I am a month into my Tarceva to treat my bone mets. Bone scan next month to see if its working. Keep us posted sweetie.
    Anita

Anita, (it's okay to lurk)
    I am so glad you posted. Since I have not seen any of your posts for awhile, I thought you might be having some trouble with the Tarceva. You are in my daily prayers Anita, as well as my thoughts. You and Glenna are true warriors and an inspiration to me. I will be lifting you both up in prayers. Stay strong! (((((HUGS))))) Cheryl
  • Dan620
    Dan620 Member Posts: 220

Anita, (it's okay to lurk)
    I am so glad you posted. Since I have not seen any of your posts for awhile, I thought you might be having some trouble with the Tarceva. You are in my daily prayers Anita, as well as my thoughts. You and Glenna are true warriors and an inspiration to me. I will be lifting you both up in prayers. Stay strong! (((((HUGS))))) Cheryl

Great
    Glenna, Great having you back, you have been missed. You beat this devil once and you will do so again. My chemo was also Carbo/Taxol had very good results with it and little side-effects. Will keep you in my prayers..... Dan
  • soccerfreaks
    soccerfreaks Member Posts: 2,788 Member
    Hello there!
    Hi, Glenna! Welcome back! As you have read on the head/neck cancer board your presence has been missed.

Like Dan, when I had the carbo/taxol treatments for the lung, I experienced virtually none of the nasty effects I had with cisplatin (for the head/neck). I would say that I sometimes felt like I had a mild flu. As you very well know, it is different for each of us, but I hope that your experience is the same or even better.

I DID however, require occasional neupogen shots for low white blood cell counts, and the infrequent 'holiday' for low platelets, giving them time to rejuvenate on their own.

Keep fighting, my friend.

Hope and Humor, as always.

Take care,

Joe
  • catcon49
    catcon49 Member Posts: 398

Hello there!
    Hi, Glenna! Welcome back! As you have read on the head/neck cancer board your presence has been missed.

Like Dan, when I had the carbo/taxol treatments for the lung, I experienced virtually none of the nasty effects I had with cisplatin (for the head/neck). I would say that I sometimes felt like I had a mild flu. As you very well know, it is different for each of us, but I hope that your experience is the same or even better.

I DID however, require occasional neupogen shots for low white blood cell counts, and the infrequent 'holiday' for low platelets, giving them time to rejuvenate on their own.

Take care,

Joe

Glenna,
    Hey, glad you're back. Wishing you everything you need to beat this.

cathy
  • Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Glenna M said:

Cheryl

Blessings to you also,
    Glenna

Hi Glenna
    So very glad you were giving the go ahead to start treatment. As you know it will not be easy but you can do it just like before, and we will all be here to lift you up and support you all the way through.

God bless
    Hondo
  • Glenna M
    NayPaul said:

waiting sucks!
    The only thing worse than bad news, is waiting!

Yes, waiting does suck!!
    Thankfully the waiting is over and I'm praying for no bad news. I hope you and your gorgeous wife are both doing well.
  • Glenna M
    Hondo said:

Hi Glenna
    So very glad you were giving the go ahead to start treatment. As you know it will not be easy but you can do it just like before, and we will all be here to lift you up and support you all the way through.

God bless
    Hondo

Hondo
    Thank you for the words of encouragement. I know I can always count on you to keep me in your prayers.

God bless you also,
    Glenna
  • Glenna M

Kill the BEAST

Kill the BEAST
    I think my body is finally ready for the fight, I know my head has been for a long time now.

Stay strong,
    Glenna
  • Glenna M

Hello there!

Take care,

Joe

Thank you Joe!!
    It's so nice to finally be back!!! I was trying to keep up with the posts on the head and neck and lung forum each day but never had the strength to reply. Who knew that typing was so exhausting :) I think a lot of this was caused by depression, I was really starting to let it get to me that I couldn't start treatment yet.

Now that I have had my first chemo I am doing so much better emotionally and I know that helps my overall wellness. I'm only on my 3rd day post chemo but so far so good. The Taxol/Carbo combo has been much easier to tolerate so far, much easier than the cisplatin from 2 years ago. My oncologist was going to give me a shot of Neulasta the day after chemo because they had been concerned about possible pneumonia but he is holding off to see if I actually need it.

Thank you for always being here when I need you and for always knowing the right things to say.

I will always keep fighting and I have plenty of hope and I know you will always help me with the humor :)

Stay well, my friend,
    Glenna
  • Glenna M
    mamacita5 said:

Anita

Anita
    You are always in my prayers and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of you. I guess we will be the "local lurkers" until we get some of our strength back.

Praying the Tarceva is working and your bone scans are great next month.

Please stay in touch when you can so we will know how you are doing also.

Your friend always,
    Glenna
  • Glenna M
    catcon49 said:

Glenna,
    Hey, glad you're back. Wishing you everything you need to beat this.

cathy

Cathy
    Thank you for the welcome back. Hopefully I won't be away for as long again, just need to get some of my strength back.

Hope you are well,
    Glenna