wbc question

mollyz
mollyz Member Posts: 756 Member
How long does it take for your wbc to go back up after chemo? mine is 2.9 and the Dr. and nurse said that's OK. i really don't remember what it used to be before chemo. I finished chemo at the end of January 2011 and finished radiation the first week in April. HUGS Mollyz

Comments

• MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    No words...
    Of wisdom on this....I have been very lucky and never had a problem with low WBC...with the first go round with chemo I had the Neulasta injection the day following each infusion...now on oral chemo still no problems....if your doctor isn't worried, I'd go with that....

Hugs,
    Nancy
  • Annette 11
    Annette 11 Member Posts: 380
    Molly
    I had a blood test last month and my white blood count was 2.9 as it has been for the past 8 months. I am 11 months out of chemo. I take another blood test in Dec. so we'll see if it goes up. Mine wbc was perfect before ever having cancer and during chemo it was very good due to the nuelasta shot. But only to take a nose dive 2-3months after chemo and it's difficult to get it up. I am now doing protien shakes every other day which I didn't do before and also take nature made super vit. B and zinc. So I am hoping all this will bring it up. It is very common for this to happen but I don't like it.
    I don't post too often. Been busy taking care of my husband and 96yr. old mother but I do check-in to see how my pink sisters are doing.
    If it goes up I'd like to know.
    Good luck,
    Hugs
    Annette
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member

Molly
    I had a blood test last month and my white blood count was 2.9 as it has been for the past 8 months. I am 11 months out of chemo. I take another blood test in Dec. so we'll see if it goes up. Mine wbc was perfect before ever having cancer and during chemo it was very good due to the nuelasta shot. But only to take a nose dive 2-3months after chemo and it's difficult to get it up. I am now doing protien shakes every other day which I didn't do before and also take nature made super vit. B and zinc. So I am hoping all this will bring it up. It is very common for this to happen but I don't like it.
    I don't post too often. Been busy taking care of my husband and 96yr. old mother but I do check-in to see how my pink sisters are doing.
    If it goes up I'd like to know.
    Good luck,
    Hugs
    Annette

Molly, just to let you know
    I finished 6 rounds of TAC in May of '10 and I still have WBC fluctuations. When I had my last check-up with my onc. last month they were 3.4 (3 months previous to that they were 3.2). Last year they were consistently in the 2's. She can't explain it, but said that since I'm feeling okay that we'll just continue to monitor them. Since you're only 11 months out--yours will probably slowly but steadily rise as well.

Hugs, Renee
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    MAJW said:

No words...
    Of wisdom on this....I have been very lucky and never had a problem with low WBC...with the first go round with chemo I had the Neulasta injection the day following each infusion...now on oral chemo still no problems....if your doctor isn't worried, I'd go with that....

Hugs,
    Nancy

Hi Mollyz! I agree with
    Hi Mollyz! I agree with Nancy, if your doctor isn't worried or concerned about your low WBC, trust in him.

How about a cyber hug?

((( Sue )))
  • mollyz
    Ritzy said:

Hi Mollyz! I agree with
    Hi Mollyz! I agree with Nancy, if your doctor isn't worried or concerned about your low WBC, trust in him.

How about a cyber hug?

((( Sue )))

HUGS
    Cyber hug back at you Sue. LOL MOLLYZ
  • mollyz
    missrenee said:

Molly, just to let you know
    I finished 6 rounds of TAC in May of '10 and I still have WBC fluctuations. When I had my last check-up with my onc. last month they were 3.4 (3 months previous to that they were 3.2). Last year they were consistently in the 2's. She can't explain it, but said that since I'm feeling okay that we'll just continue to monitor them. Since you're only 11 months out--yours will probably slowly but steadily rise as well.

Hugs, Renee

Thanks Ladies!!
    The not knowing what really made me wonder,but thanks. I feel fine except for the famera making me feel like a old lady but got to keep it moving anyway,life goes on and that's the magic word LIFE just thankful to be here. >HUGS< to you pink sisters MOLLYZ