Curve Ball

Barb A
Barb A Member Posts: 123
Hi ladies. I just need to vent. Several weeks back I posted about back pain and had a question on mets to the spine. I had to beg for an updated MRI and as good luck had it, it was only a ruptured disk. I had surgery two weeks ago (diskectomy)and the pain is gone. No cancer and I thought life was good.

I returned to work today, but had a mammogram scheduled early morning first. I ended up having to have extra films done and then they took me right to ultra sound. I'm now waiting for a call from my surgeon's office to schedule to have a core biopsy done. I really need your prayers! I know my husband will call me to see how the mammogram went and I dread having to tell him this. I've already had cancer in the same side twice. This is again in that side, in the reconstructed breast. The area is the same area as the second lump along the scar tissue. The Dr. who reviewed the ultra sound said there is fluid in it and it doesn't appear to be scar tissue. She did say it could just be residual fluid from surgery (3 1/2 years ago).

I'm sitting here at work trying to get my head together. I thought if I had some of you who understand the anxiety praying for me, I would feel you with me and be able to keep going.

Thanks,

Barb A

Comments

• MsGebby
    MsGebby Member Posts: 659
    Oh dear ... I am newly
    Oh dear ... I am newly diagnosed Stage 2a BC. I am learning as I go. I've been told there is non invasive AND invasive cancers in this one tumor. I am gearing up for a battle as I have been told that I will need every treatment to keep this in check. More surgery to the breast as well. I wanted to chime in because I am also in plenty of pain/numbness from a herniated disc in my neck. It sits below a tri level fusion that was caused from an auto accident.

I don't know how you do it. I am beside myself with so many questions, pain, uncertainty, etc. If your hubby is anything like mine, he will do what he does best. Take care of you and love you as you face BC once more. You are really remarkable!

I had to write back. Please take a deep breath, let your hubby handle this the way he knows how and pray. I will do just that for you.

Be well....

xoxo
    Mary
  • jessiesmom1
    jessiesmom1 Member Posts: 915 Member
    Anxiety and Waiting
    Hi Barb,

You have come to the right place to vent. Every single one of us who posts on this Board knows something about the anxiety of waiting. Waiting for some sort of scan or procedure. Waiting for the results. Having to tell your spouse, parent or child that something is very wrong - again - is no great joy either. Been there. Done that. I wish you the best of luck with your core needle biopsy. Let us know when it is scheduled so that the Pink Bus can be gassed up and on the road.

IRENE
  • skipper54
    skipper54 Member Posts: 936 Member

Anxiety and Waiting
    Hi Barb,

You have come to the right place to vent. Every single one of us who posts on this Board knows something about the anxiety of waiting. Waiting for some sort of scan or procedure. Waiting for the results. Having to tell your spouse, parent or child that something is very wrong - again - is no great joy either. Been there. Done that. I wish you the best of luck with your core needle biopsy. Let us know when it is scheduled so that the Pink Bus can be gassed up and on the road.

IRENE

Sending lots of prayers!
    Prayers for peace and a good outcome. It's the anxiety and waiting that are so hard. Please know we're all with you and will support you. Shall we call out the pink bus?
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    skipper54 said:

Sending lots of prayers!
    Prayers for peace and a good outcome. It's the anxiety and waiting that are so hard. Please know we're all with you and will support you. Shall we call out the pink bus?

Praying for you Barb!
    Hugs,

Praying for you Barb!

Hugs, Debby
  • laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    On the list
    You are on the prayer list.
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member

On the list
    You are on the prayer list.

I am praying for you Barb.

• MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Barb, I am sending my most
    Barb, I am sending my most positive thoughts and strength your way. Hoping for benign results from your biopsy. Stay strong!! (((Hugs)))
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    MyTurnNow said:

Barb, I am sending my most
    Barb, I am sending my most positive thoughts and strength your way. Hoping for benign results from your biopsy. Stay strong!! (((Hugs)))

Along with the rest of the
    Along with the rest of the wonderful pink sisters, I am sending you lots and lots of positive thoughts, good luck and loads of prayers.

Sue :)
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Ritzy said:

Along with the rest of the
    Along with the rest of the wonderful pink sisters, I am sending you lots and lots of positive thoughts, good luck and loads of prayers.

Sue :)

Prayers for sure. I pray it
    Prayers for sure. I pray it is nothing but some no concern fluid.
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    natly15 said:

Prayers for sure. I pray it
    Prayers for sure. I pray it is nothing but some no concern fluid.

I am praying for you Barb. I'll be watching for a post from you to update us.

Hugs,

Kylez
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Kylez said:

I am praying for you Barb. I'll be watching for a post from you to update us.

Hugs,

Kylez

Barb ...
    We are thinking and praying for you .. Any update?

Vicki Sam