Just finished radiation hooray!

iluvmykids
iluvmykids Member Posts: 49
Just got back from my last treatment, woohoo! It will be nice to have that 2 hours a day M- F back, I probably won't be able to get through a whole day of work! It probably won't sink in until tomorrow, when I don't have to get in my car at 9:45!

I've been really lucky, I have a little fatigue, but it usually doesn't show up until about 8 or 9 PM, so just in time for bed! My skin is itchy and red, but otherwise okay, I have been able to wear one of my older bras, so all in all, it's not been bad at all.

I am thankful to the wonderful techs who saw me everyday and the kind, warm women I met in the waiting room, the best part of the treatments.

Drinks are on me!

Eileen

Comments

• BetsyJane
    BetsyJane Member Posts: 127
    Congrats!
    I start my radiation treatments on November 3 and if everything goes well they will end two days before Christmas! I got my cat scan yesterday and was given tattoos.
  • pinkpalette
    pinkpalette Member Posts: 112
    you bet...hooray!!!!
    I'm delighted to hear you're done. Enjoy those extra 2 hours you have now. Now that the days are getting shorter - it's wonderful to find some extra time to enjoy. It's also great to hear about your minimal side effects too. I am preparing for my radiation treatments within the next few weeks, still have a round of chemo to go and I appreciate hearing that you got thru it pretty well. Having so many positive women on this site really makes me feel like I can do this.

Heee heee, count me in belly-up to the bar for that drink (a small one). Enjoy yourself and the extra hours in your day.

hugs, Debbie
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member

you bet...hooray!!!!
    I'm delighted to hear you're done. Enjoy those extra 2 hours you have now. Now that the days are getting shorter - it's wonderful to find some extra time to enjoy. It's also great to hear about your minimal side effects too. I am preparing for my radiation treatments within the next few weeks, still have a round of chemo to go and I appreciate hearing that you got thru it pretty well. Having so many positive women on this site really makes me feel like I can do this.

Heee heee, count me in belly-up to the bar for that drink (a small one). Enjoy yourself and the extra hours in your day.

hugs, Debbie

Great job, Eileen!
    You did it! I'll have a lemon drop martini please!

Hugs, Renee
  • skipper54
    skipper54 Member Posts: 936 Member
    missrenee said:

Great job, Eileen!

Hugs, Renee

Congratulations Rad Grad!
    It's a wonderful milestone! Do something special for yourself.
  • mamolady
    mamolady Member Posts: 796 Member
    Congrats!
    So glad you graduated! With honors to boot!
    Cindy
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    mamolady said:

Congrats!
    So glad you graduated! With honors to boot!
    Cindy

YEAH!
    Congrats! Job well done! Give yourself a big pat on the back........it's a wonderful feeling....I just completed my SECOND go round with rads 4 weeks ago...

Wishing you the best as you begin regaining your good health.....
    Hugs, Nancy
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    wow...yawhooooooooo MY last
    wow...yawhooooooooo MY last day is the only DATE I remember exactly...party time ....happy for you...

Denise
  • Mitzi333
    Mitzi333 Member Posts: 511 Member

wow...yawhooooooooo MY last
    wow...yawhooooooooo MY last day is the only DATE I remember exactly...party time ....happy for you...

Denise

YIPPPPPEEEEE!!!!
    Congrats!!! You're a Rad Grad!!! I know it's great to get those hours back during your day. How Wonderful your Rad treatments were doable and also with the friendly techs.

I'm right behind you. I finish my Rad tomorrow. Yeah!!! Looking forward to joining your celebration!!!

Enjoy and Best Wishes!!!

Big Hugs~
    Mitzi ;0)
  • iluvmykids
    iluvmykids Member Posts: 49
    Mitzi333 said:

YIPPPPPEEEEE!!!!
    Congrats!!! You're a Rad Grad!!! I know it's great to get those hours back during your day. How Wonderful your Rad treatments were doable and also with the friendly techs.

I'm right behind you. I finish my Rad tomorrow. Yeah!!! Looking forward to joining your celebration!!!

Enjoy and Best Wishes!!!

Big Hugs~
    Mitzi ;0)

Balloons and confetti for you!!!
    Will meet you at the virtual bar! Ha ha ha. Congratulations to you too! Hardly seems possible that time is already over.

Praying you never have to do it again!

Hugs back at ya!
  • mollyz
    mollyz Member Posts: 756 Member
    Eileen!!!!
    So very happy for you, what will you do with yourself now? lol congrats to you,your an official rad grad. HUGS Mollyz
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Congrats Eileen!
    FYI - I am still tired from rads and I finished Feb. 15th. Take it easy and eventually you'll feel better. So happy that you're done. I was a bit itchy and actually peeled a little and then my skin was fine. I continued to apply cream to keep smooth.
    {{hugs}} Char
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    missrenee said:

Great job, Eileen!

Hugs, Renee

Congratulations!
    Congratulations!
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    cahjah75 said:

Congrats Eileen!
    FYI - I am still tired from rads and I finished Feb. 15th. Take it easy and eventually you'll feel better. So happy that you're done. I was a bit itchy and actually peeled a little and then my skin was fine. I continued to apply cream to keep smooth.
    {{hugs}} Char

Woohoo!
    Another rad grad! Enjoy your free time now and still get lots of rest and continue to use any creams that your rads oncologist prescribed for you as you are still "cooking".

Sue :)
  • ElizabethB
    ElizabethB Member Posts: 89
    Ritzy said:

Woohoo!
    Another rad grad! Enjoy your free time now and still get lots of rest and continue to use any creams that your rads oncologist prescribed for you as you are still "cooking".

Sue :)

last Rad treatment
    Wow my last treatment was on the 17 . I am having sharp quick pains are they normal and for how long???????...I have one spot kinda moist so i am putting antibilotic cream on it ,,Any suggestions are welcome
  • sinee
    sinee Member Posts: 196 Member
    Happy Dance
    doing the Happy Dance here~woohoo and happy for you~enjoy your new days of freedom. Sinee
  • mollieb
    mollieb Member Posts: 148
    Congrats!
    Congratulations, Eileen! My last day was Wednesday, as well. It hasn't really sunk in yet, because, as my doctor promised, symptoms have continued to worsen. I am going to count as the real ending as the day my skin gets less red instead of redder! But I, too, am so glad to have that time in my day back. Now onward to getting my port out and cleaning up my mastectomy scar, and to figuring out how to think about something other than myself and my health.