My mom has Uterine Cancer and I feel im dying myself.....

I am not sure what to do..how to act....anything right now... My mom who is only in her early 60's just told me she either has pre-cancer or actual cancer of her uterus.... I love her so much and this news just blew me away.... She is very overweight...Diabetic and now the doctor says probably uterine cancer. The doc said she will most likely have to have a hystorectamy and ASAP. But her weight is a risk for the surgery.... They will not know for a week if it is cancer or pre-cancer but I am terrified and i dont even know how to feel or how to react right now... I know my mom is in denial. She is fine with it she says and came home more happy than I have seen her in a long time, and I know this is just an act because she was crying her eyes out a few days ago when she googled her symptoms and had no idea for sure what was wrong.... Thanks for listening, I feel like my heart is in so much pain and I feel like I cant breathe..... I dunno what to do.... so upset....

Comments

• TiggersDoBounce
    TiggersDoBounce Member Posts: 408
    Stephie
    Sorry you and Mom are dealing with this...

Please know I am very overweight and they performed the DaVinci Robotic Hysterectomy on me.
    Ask her doctors if this is an option for her.

What part of the country are you in?

Stay strong!

Laurie
  • Cindy Bear
    Cindy Bear Member Posts: 569
    Stephie
    I know that even hearing the word cancer is terrifying.. but you don't know for sure that she does have it. What's that expression, "Don't go borrowing trouble" just hang in there. Even if she does have uterine cancer, it might be in the very early stages... a hysterectomy might take care of it.....maybe they can do the less invasive surgery...
    Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, Keep us posted please.
    Big hugs,
    Cindy
  • daisy366
    daisy366 Member Posts: 1,458 Member

Stephie
    I know that even hearing the word cancer is terrifying.. but you don't know for sure that she does have it. What's that expression, "Don't go borrowing trouble" just hang in there. Even if she does have uterine cancer, it might be in the very early stages... a hysterectomy might take care of it.....maybe they can do the less invasive surgery...
    Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, Keep us posted please.
    Big hugs,
    Cindy

Stephie
    I think you are an awesome lovely daughter. I think the best thing is to talk about your thoughts and feelings which you are doing here. And then to be supportive to your mother and other family members.

Cancer is the scariest and most stressful thing I've dealt with. There are so many fears and unknowns. I think we all do the best we can. Your mom has you, your love and concern which is a wonderful thing.

Be there to support and help your mother along the way - perhaps you can accompany her to her doctor's appointments so you can hear the news firsthand and help your mom understand what is going on. Educate yourself and hopefully your mother will become educated too. You might encourage her to connect with this forum.

I wish you and your mother all the best. Mary Ann
  • Songflower
    Songflower Member Posts: 608
    daisy366 said:

Stephie
    I think you are an awesome lovely daughter. I think the best thing is to talk about your thoughts and feelings which you are doing here. And then to be supportive to your mother and other family members.

Cancer is the scariest and most stressful thing I've dealt with. There are so many fears and unknowns. I think we all do the best we can. Your mom has you, your love and concern which is a wonderful thing.

Be there to support and help your mother along the way - perhaps you can accompany her to her doctor's appointments so you can hear the news firsthand and help your mom understand what is going on. Educate yourself and hopefully your mother will become educated too. You might encourage her to connect with this forum.

I wish you and your mother all the best. Mary Ann

Your mother needs you and you need her
    Stephie,

I remember when my father was diagnosed with colon cancer; I felt like someone hit me in the gut. He was given two years to live but lived five years. We had had so many good years; we have a big family and enjoyed every minute with him. If you can believe this we laughed and did crazy things.

Your mother needs your love now. She is lucky to have such a loving daughter. You will get through this and you will have memories you will never forget. My father changed all the windows so my mother wouldn't need to bother. He bought all new appliances. He got her a red car so it would be seen in the snow. There's so much more. Don't be afraid to make memories. We are here if you need support. Love, Diane