Good Scan News

I almost feel guilty for posting good news in light of all of the bad news that's been on here lately. However, I would like to think that I can encourage others who have been diagnosed at Stage III like I was.

I had my regular 6-month CT scan Monday and saw my oncologist today for the results. It was great news--NED! It was exactly 2 years ago this month that I was diagnosed with EC. I underwent both radiation and chemo (cisplatin and 5-FU) followed up with surgery in February 2010. As my oncologist said, I am now 2 years out from diagnosis and doing great.

On a funny note, my oncologist teased me about my 3 bellybuttons. Let's see...I have the "real" one, the one created by where my feeding tube was, and another one created from the tunneling infection I had after my IL surgery. My hubby likes to tease me about it, too, by the way!

Anyway, we went out for sausage pizza to celebrate the good news. Planning to hit a steakhouse tomorrow for steak and lobster tails for another celebration.

Life is good!

Melinda

Comments

• BMGky
    BMGky Member Posts: 621
    Hurray! for good news. May
    Hurray! for good news. May it continue.

Love the 3 belly buttons. Husband now has two. He'll feel outdone as he is quite proud of his. He came by them the hard way just as you did. Continued best wishes!! BMGky
  • paul61
    paul61 Member Posts: 1,392 Member
    Wonderful News
    Melinda,

Great to hear your positive scan results!! We can never get too much good news here. It gives people who are going through treatment something to hope for.

I am also a member of the multiple belly button club. After Ivor Lewis surgery I tell people I look like I was involved in a farming accident :)

But happy to be NED at the moment.

Time to celebrate and be thankful!!!

Best Regards,

Paul Adams
    McCormick, South Carolina

DX 10/22/2009 T2N1M0 Stage IIB
    12/03/2009 Ivor Lewis
    2/8 through 6/14/2010 Adjuvant Chemo Cisplatin, Epirubicin, 5 FU
    Two year survivor

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance!
  • jax568
    jax568 Member Posts: 57
    paul61 said:

Wonderful News
    Melinda,

Great to hear your positive scan results!! We can never get too much good news here. It gives people who are going through treatment something to hope for.

I am also a member of the multiple belly button club. After Ivor Lewis surgery I tell people I look like I was involved in a farming accident :)

But happy to be NED at the moment.

Time to celebrate and be thankful!!!

Best Regards,

Paul Adams
    McCormick, South Carolina

DX 10/22/2009 T2N1M0 Stage IIB
    12/03/2009 Ivor Lewis
    2/8 through 6/14/2010 Adjuvant Chemo Cisplatin, Epirubicin, 5 FU
    Two year survivor

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance!

Great news
    Wonderful, love to hear news that makes me smile.

God bless
  • chemosmoker
    chemosmoker Member Posts: 501
    SHARE IT!!!
    Melinda,
    NEVER hesitate to share that kind of good news!!

Thank you and congratulations!!
    That is GREAT to hear and I am as glad to hear it for you as you are for you!

I hope you continue to get NED as a regular visitor!

God bless,
    Eric
  • TerryV
    TerryV Member Posts: 887
    Congratulations!
    This is GREAT news, Melinda! and makes me feel even better as Nick also had the cisplatin and 5FU chemos. Really, really glad to hear that they have worked so well for you. Praying for the same for us.

Enjoy your steak & lobster tomorrow night! Actually the sausage pizza doesn't sound bad either! ;-)

Terry
  • sandy1943
    sandy1943 Member Posts: 824
    Hi Melinda, Congratulations
    Hi Melinda, Congratulations on the good scan. I wasn't on yesterday, so I'm playing catch up. Steak and Lobster sounds wonderful. I can only dream about it. My big side effect from my surgery is ,My food wants to stick. Even with dilations, it closes back up. The doctors say it will probably be something I'll have to permantly deal with. I've learned what foods to leave alone and steak is one of them. I know I don't have cancer, so it's just something I will live with.
    Enjoy your night out, Sandra
  • Heeran
    Heeran Member Posts: 171
    Thank you
    Thank you for the good news. My mom is undergoing Taxol and Carboplatin for Stage IIIb squamous cell EC. 1 more week of treatments to go. I'm constantly on this board looking for great news as it lifts my spirits. Keep the good news coming.
    Heeran
  • Heeran
    Heeran Member Posts: 171
    Thank you
    Thank you for the good news. My mom is undergoing Taxol and Carboplatin for Stage IIIb squamous cell EC. 1 more week of treatments to go. I'm constantly on this board looking for great news as it lifts my spirits. Keep the good news coming.
    Heeran