Good things Happening

disneyfan2008
disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
Just wondering what GOOD news is happening with everyone & their families! Just a cheery thought...

As of this month my duaghter and her grandsons can get health coverage from her job. IT's been years since they have had any!

Other daughter doing well in college!

Denise

Comments

• mamolady
    mamolady Member Posts: 796 Member
    visit
    My daughter and son in law will be visiting with my grandson and granddaughter from colorado next week! Nothing special, just family time.
    Just planning on making the best of all the holidays this year!!!

Cindy
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    We will be adding a new baby
    We will be adding a new baby ( hopefully Girl ) come April. My niece is 3 months along now.
    They already have three boys so we are all hoping for a girl. can't wait!!!!!!!
    Come on April....
  • roseann4
    roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member

We will be adding a new baby
    We will be adding a new baby ( hopefully Girl ) come April. My niece is 3 months along now.
    They already have three boys so we are all hoping for a girl. can't wait!!!!!!!
    Come on April....

I'm completing my 6 month Lean Study.
    For the past 6 months, I have been in a Yale study called the Lean Study. The goal is to prove that after treatment care should be covered by insurance similar to the care provided tp cardiac patients. I was asked to keep a food log, walk 10,000 steps per day an included in those steps were 30 minutes of aerobic exercise 5 times a week. I have lost 30 pounds. When I started my bmi was almost obese and I now have a normal bmi! I was assigned a registered dietitian who spoke to me weekly at first, then be-weekly, then monthly. I feel better at 61 then I did at 51. Please PM me if you want tips. This was life changing for me.

Now that's good news!

Roseann
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Denise
    my granddaughter turned 4 a week ago and a grandson turned 6 yesterday. My youngest granddaughter (11 mos) took her first steps the other day and my DIL put the video on FB so we could see :D This Sunday we'll all be attending a surprise 70th birthday party for my BIL. Good things are happening all around me but I've been blue struggling with my own issues. My daughter is still looking for a teaching job and feeling very depressed. Looking forward to meeting my east coast sisters next weekend in Hershey :D

Roseann how wonderful you are doing! I started to see a nutritionist and have been going through all insurance related requirements for weight loss surgery. I may not be eligible because of swallowing problems and past medical history. I'm seeing a psychologist to help find out why I eat mindlessly at night. I have a lot of emotional baggage. I am considered morbidly obese now and have yoyoed over 30 lbs a few times. Weight Watchers no longer works for me. The nutritionist put me on a 1200 cal diet of eating 5x/day with protein at each time. I've kept off 5 lbs so it's a start.
    {{hugs}} Char
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Expecting grandbaby #2!
    So, so thrilled!
  • disneyfan2008
    sea60 said:

Expecting grandbaby #2!
    So, so thrilled!

love reading all these
    love reading all these posts....

Denise
  • debi.18
    debi.18 Member Posts: 850 Member

love reading all these
    love reading all these posts....

Denise

me too
    I love reading these happy posts! Aren't grandkids the absolute best!!

I treasure every second I spend with my Kira (4) and Cole (17 months). For Kira's birthday last month, my mom gave Kira a sparkly little matching purse and wallet filled with money. She put a note in with it explaining it was "special money" for her and Grandma Debi to go shopping with. She was so excited. She told her mommy & daddy to make sure Grandma Debi know's she likes to shop at Target & Kohls. She's my little love bug!
  • disneyfan2008
    debi.18 said:

me too
    I love reading these happy posts! Aren't grandkids the absolute best!!

I treasure every second I spend with my Kira (4) and Cole (17 months). For Kira's birthday last month, my mom gave Kira a sparkly little matching purse and wallet filled with money. She put a note in with it explaining it was "special money" for her and Grandma Debi to go shopping with. She was so excited. She told her mommy & daddy to make sure Grandma Debi know's she likes to shop at Target & Kohls. She's my little love bug!

ME TOOOOOO Love Happy
    ME TOOOOOO Love Happy stories..

My grandsons 4 & 7 live with us (mom too) so I see them daily (even when not living with us same thing)

Denise