OT - Hershey ladies, I have a favor to ask

sbmly53
sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
I have been searching for Jiffy cake mixes and they don't sell them in my area (or any place I travel) anymore. It will cost as much to ship them as it is to buy them from the company. If they sell them in your area, would someone buy some for me and bring them to Hershey?

I could send a check or pay you when I see you. I want white and the chocolate frosting mix, too. My sister and I were reminicing about her Easy Bake oven and we thought we would get the Jiffy mixes for the kids, but no luck. PM me if you can help.

Thank you!

Sue

Comments

• carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    I will check out the stores
    I will check out the stores near me and let you know!
  • skipper54
    skipper54 Member Posts: 936 Member
    carkris said:

I will check out the stores
    I will check out the stores near me and let you know!

pretty sure I've seen them but
    will check if my chemo brain remembers.
  • JuJuBeez
    JuJuBeez Member Posts: 332
    I was just thinking about
    I was just thinking about that cake mix over the weekend. I was at Super WalMart, and I only saw the cornbread mix. I loved that cake mix when I was a kid. And wasn't it like 19 cents a box, or something crazy like that?

What stores are in your area? We have Wegman's, TOPS, and Price Chopper. I will look while I'm out and about. I know we are not that far in distance, so we probably have the same things available, but now I'm curious. :-)
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    JuJuBeez said:

I was just thinking about that cake mix over the weekend. I was at Super WalMart, and I only saw the cornbread mix. I loved that cake mix when I was a kid. And wasn't it like 19 cents a box, or something crazy like that?

What stores are in your area? We have Wegman's, TOPS, and Price Chopper. I will look while I'm out and about. I know we are not that far in distance, so we probably have the same things available, but now I'm curious. :-)

Julie,
    I guess I'm older than you - they were 10 cents when I was a kid! I have checked Price Chopper, Hannaford, Walmart, Family Dollar & Dollar General. Just the mix and the corn muffin mix there. Haven't used them in years, but they were good (at, least I thought so then) and easy.

Thanks everyone for checking - I'll return the favor!

Sue
  • pattimc
    pattimc Member Posts: 431
    sbmly53 said:

Julie,
    I guess I'm older than you - they were 10 cents when I was a kid! I have checked Price Chopper, Hannaford, Walmart, Family Dollar & Dollar General. Just the mix and the corn muffin mix there. Haven't used them in years, but they were good (at, least I thought so then) and easy.

Thanks everyone for checking - I'll return the favor!

Sue

Jiffy cake mix
    Here are two websites that you might find helpful.

Good luck!

http://www.jiffymix.com/store/

http://www.bing.com/shopping/search?q=jiffy+cake+mix&FORM=HURE
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    Sue
    a friend and I were just talking about Jiffy cake mixes the other day. Unfortunately we haven't seen them in CT grocery stores in quite a while. See you in Hershey.
    {{hugs}} Char
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    JuJuBeez said:

I've never tried the cake
    I've never tried the cake mixes, but, I love the corn muffin mix. It is all I use. Hope someone can help you out.

Hugs, Angie
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    cahjah75 said:

Sue
    a friend and I were just talking about Jiffy cake mixes the other day. Unfortunately we haven't seen them in CT grocery stores in quite a while. See you in Hershey.
    {{hugs}} Char

Sue
    Sue,
    I will check out the stores in Maine tomorrow as I am going to several tomorrow evening with Jake so will check them out and pick up if I see any and will let you know.

Margo