Didn't embarrass myself, whew!

grams2jc
grams2jc Member Posts: 756
Today I was a "model" in a breast cancer survivors style show. I was both the youngest (48) and newest (11 months) survivor involved. There were about 20 of us including 1 physician and several staff members from the local cancer center(not survivors). I am happy to report that I did not fall, trip, or do any other embarrassing thing you can think of. Will I do it again next year? I don't know, time will tell.

Jennifer

Comments

• CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    Congrats on doing this!
    Congrats on doing this! Sometimes it's fun to step outside our comfort zone. Thanks for being brave and...lol...coordinated.
  • jessiesmom1
    jessiesmom1 Member Posts: 915 Member
    On Becoming a SUPERModel
    Congratulations on the start of your modeling career! I think the fact that you did not fall, trip or do anything else embarrassing is a big win. Did you get to keep what you modeled? Hope you enjoyed yourself.

IRENE
  • mamolady
    mamolady Member Posts: 796 Member
    What fun! Congrats on
    What fun! Congrats on staying on your feet. When are the pictures going up?

Cindy
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    I am sure you did us
    I am sure you did us proud!!! Way to go~ I love that you represented the Kindreds! Fantastic!!!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • gami43
    gami43 Member Posts: 281
    chenheart said:

I am sure you did us
    I am sure you did us proud!!! Way to go~ I love that you represented the Kindreds! Fantastic!!!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Good for you Jennifer. That
    Good for you Jennifer. That took a lot of courage and I am impressed!
    Glad you did yourself proud.

Luv, Teresa
  • LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    My turn tomorrow.
    Hi Jennifer! I was happy to know someone else was doing this too! Good for you! It will be my turn tomorrow. Doing this for a hair designer in the city. Wish me luck as I couldn't remember the steps! :)
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    And I would bet anything
    And I would bet anything that not only were you

The youngest

The Newest but also

The most beautifulest!!!

I probably would have fell over or something stupid LOL
    You did us all proud
    Congratulations!!!
  • grams2jc

My turn tomorrow.
    Hi Jennifer! I was happy to know someone else was doing this too! Good for you! It will be my turn tomorrow. Doing this for a hair designer in the city. Wish me luck as I couldn't remember the steps! :)

No steps to remember for me
    Just had to walk slowly, turn, point to the blingy butt pockets, the feather in my hair, that kind of thing while the announcer, a 6 month survivor, told about what was being worn. They offered a 20% discount on the outfits that we wore so I did purchase one of them, hey what can I say, I liked the blingy pockets. They also had a gift bag with a scarf, a mascara, lipstick, a few other things.

I wasn't sure what to expect but it turned out really well and some of the ladies, the physician in particular, really got into strutting their stuff!

Jennifer
  • grams2jc

And I would bet anything
    And I would bet anything that not only were you

The youngest

The Newest but also

The most beautifulest!!!

I probably would have fell over or something stupid LOL
    You did us all proud
    Congratulations!!!

Thank you for the sweet compliments!
    But I know that those 20 something rads techs had me beat in the beauty, and figure scope.

They were good sports to do this and even modeled strapless evening gowns, with heels I might add. I wasn't brave enough for that, LOL

Jennifer
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    grams2jc said:

Thank you for the sweet compliments!
    But I know that those 20 something rads techs had me beat in the beauty, and figure scope.

They were good sports to do this and even modeled strapless evening gowns, with heels I might add. I wasn't brave enough for that, LOL

Jennifer

I am sooooooo PROUD of you, Jennifer
    You represented our community of WARRIORS ... with Pride, Dignity and Class.

Vicki Sam
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    way to go....yipppee good
    way to go....yipppee good job..

Denise