More fun with cancer....NOT!!

2»

Comments

• RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    :-{
    Oh Linda this is just so frustrating, I am so very sorry you and your hubby are having to deal with this on top of everything else. I know he will rise to the occasion and before you know it this too will be behind you and you will be able to tick it off of your list of things you have done to beat the cancer down. You are in my prayers and on my mind a lot, giant but very gentle hugs!

♥ RE ♥
  • camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    Hi Linda
    So sorry you have to do this, actually any of this. There is so much more to this disease than cutting out a tumor and having chemo, and it all sucks. But I did it in February/March, while doing chemo and rads. Thankfully it was on my back and my son could change the dressing. But it healed beautifully, just took a long, long time.

I feel for you, but it is another thing that you will get through. I usually get my mind around something just about the time that I am over it:) So take your time...

Carol
  • mariam_11_09
    mariam_11_09 Member Posts: 691 Member
    Linda, I am sorry to hear
    Linda, I am sorry to hear that this is now what you need to deal with!!

I had a problem with my port incision. It was put in a week before my first chemo. A week after I have the first infusion (AC) my chest or rather the incision by the port burst open and was oozing. It was a nasty mess on my chest. The port surgeon said he thought I might have had a reaction to the disolving sutures. The Onc. told me that it was likely not to heal until after I was done with chemo (another 6 months). I was stunned. I also had to clean it, pack it etc however a couple of months later it was completely healed. The scar was not pretty but is barely visible now.

I really hope this heals quickly for you and wish you all the best. You are going through so much. I don't post that often but I do read and follow up on you gals.

much love to you.
  • catowner
    catowner Member Posts: 50
    I'm so sorry to hear about
    I'm so sorry to hear about your new problem. It sure gets sickening running back and forth all the time. Hopefully your husband will be able to help you:) I have a question for you Linda, my first treatment for chemo was today and everything went well but I was wondering for how long did you take the Claratin after the Neulasta shot? I took one this afternoon and get the shot tomorrow. Not sure how long to take them. I sure would appreciate your reply on this. The nurses have never heard about Claratin helping. Good luck at the nurses tomorrow with your wound.

Hugs, Debbie
  • sbmly53
    sbmly53 Member Posts: 1,522
    Oh, Linda
    I'm so sorry you have to go through this. I bet your hubby will be a great nurse!

Sue
  • Pam5
    Pam5 Member Posts: 232
    sbmly53 said:

Oh, Linda
    I'm so sorry you have to go through this. I bet your hubby will be a great nurse!

Sue

Linda - You and your husband
    Linda - You and your husband are in my God Box and I keep you in my prayers daily. What a pain - like you really needed one more thing to cope with!!! Sometimes it's just hard to fathom.

Hugs,
    Pam
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    catowner said:

I'm so sorry to hear about
    I'm so sorry to hear about your new problem. It sure gets sickening running back and forth all the time. Hopefully your husband will be able to help you:) I have a question for you Linda, my first treatment for chemo was today and everything went well but I was wondering for how long did you take the Claratin after the Neulasta shot? I took one this afternoon and get the shot tomorrow. Not sure how long to take them. I sure would appreciate your reply on this. The nurses have never heard about Claratin helping. Good luck at the nurses tomorrow with your wound.

Hugs, Debbie

Debbie,
    I sent you a PM on

Debbie,

I sent you a PM on the claratin.
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    The outpouring of sympathy
    The outpouring of sympathy and understanding from all of you really is overwhelming...it makes me cry. But they are tears of thankfulness that I have all of you to help me keep my head on straight and my heart in the right place.

I asked about a home health nurse...it's not really an option right now. And honestly, I'm more comfortable seeing the same nurse every week. That way I don't have to re-explain all my issues while a 'stranger' is packing the hole in my chest. As my nurse said, we'll get to know each other really well...

You may remember that my boss offered to remove the stitches for me and was quite embarrassed when he remembered where they were...the embarrassed face was nothing compared to the face I saw when I explained about weekly visits to the nurse and the open wound...

Hugs,

Linda
  • laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member

The outpouring of sympathy
    The outpouring of sympathy and understanding from all of you really is overwhelming...it makes me cry. But they are tears of thankfulness that I have all of you to help me keep my head on straight and my heart in the right place.

I asked about a home health nurse...it's not really an option right now. And honestly, I'm more comfortable seeing the same nurse every week. That way I don't have to re-explain all my issues while a 'stranger' is packing the hole in my chest. As my nurse said, we'll get to know each other really well...

You may remember that my boss offered to remove the stitches for me and was quite embarrassed when he remembered where they were...the embarrassed face was nothing compared to the face I saw when I explained about weekly visits to the nurse and the open wound...

Hugs,

Linda

on the list
    Got you and the hubby on the prayer list.
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    Linda you will get through this
    I remember how much my drains really bothered me. I am squeamish too and emptying
    those things twice a day really was not something I looked forward to. I was so happy
    when they came out. I imagine you must feel the same way. I am so glad you have a hubby
    to stand by your side. With all that you have been going through, it is nice to know you
    have him to support you. Please thank him for standing by our sister.

Knowing you, and you may have to dig a little deeper, I have no doubt that you will find
    the strength and a way to deal with your new situation as well. I certainly wish you didn't
    have to. You are such a beautiful soul and the grace and courage you have displayed never
    fails to amaze me. I really hope you can turn the tables around. I will always be looking
    for your updates and forever sending good vibes your way.

Lotsa love,
    Ayse
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member

Dang!
    You poor, darling. And your poor husband. I bet it feels like a step back instead of progressing. What next?

Hugs and prayers that this will heal more quickly than anticipated.

Love,
    Suzanne

So sorry Linda :(
    Hugs,

So sorry Linda :(

Hugs, Debby
  • aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    aysemari said:

Linda you will get through this
    I remember how much my drains really bothered me. I am squeamish too and emptying
    those things twice a day really was not something I looked forward to. I was so happy
    when they came out. I imagine you must feel the same way. I am so glad you have a hubby
    to stand by your side. With all that you have been going through, it is nice to know you
    have him to support you. Please thank him for standing by our sister.

Knowing you, and you may have to dig a little deeper, I have no doubt that you will find
    the strength and a way to deal with your new situation as well. I certainly wish you didn't
    have to. You are such a beautiful soul and the grace and courage you have displayed never
    fails to amaze me. I really hope you can turn the tables around. I will always be looking
    for your updates and forever sending good vibes your way.

Lotsa love,
    Ayse

Add me to your list
    of well-wishers. It's like it never ends unlike our patience and resources.

I'm really sorry you've got yet another yummy thing in your path. Sending you lots of empathy and good thoughts.

xoxo
    Victoria
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    aisling8 said:

Add me to your list
    of well-wishers. It's like it never ends unlike our patience and resources.

I'm really sorry you've got yet another yummy thing in your path. Sending you lots of empathy and good thoughts.

xoxo
    Victoria

Linda ...
    so sorry to hear about your latest mis-adventures! Prayers and positive thoughts coming your way.

Strength, Courage and Hope.

Vicki Sam
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Tux said:

No fun here!
    Linda, so sorry to hear of this latest setback. Remember that
    we are always here for you. Hope you will soon be feeling
    better! (((Hugs))) and prayers sent to you!

So sorry Linda! Sending
    So sorry Linda! Sending strength and prayers!
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    carkris said:

Its funny how certain things
    Its funny how certain things we can deal with and others we cant. i would not like the open wound thing either. It seems that with all kinds of surgery, there are lots of infections. Then to top it off you have had the chemo and rads. You are so wonderful, lots of hugs I am sorry this is happening. sucks.

Sending lots of hugs to you
    Sending lots of hugs to you Linda!