I need to know

jphilpo
jphilpo Member Posts: 177
Hi all,

I need to know if this question is "normal". I know that if it's a concern at all, it's normal, but I still want to ask.

I am 2 years past diagnosis. I have completed treatment & surgeries. I am on tamoxifen.I have severe side effect from femara & tamoxifen. I work in an elementary school full time.

After 2 years, I still just kind of "shut down" in the afternoon . I deal with bone & joint pain and fatigue. The school nurse is a dear friend who lets me sit in her office for about 15minutes in the afternoon to rest so I can continue the day. I am so tired of this. Does it get better? I worry about that. I just need to hear what some of you that have experienced this have to say.

Jean

Comments

• Boppy_of_6
    Boppy_of_6 Member Posts: 1,138
    Similar feeling
    I am 21 months past dx. I took tamoxifen for about 11 mos. I had my ovaries removed in July and take Aromasin now. I had lumpectomy, 4 rounds of chemo and 30 rads. I have joint pain from the Aromasin and I too get tired in the afternoon. It does not happen everyday but I will go for a few weeks that I am fine then have a few weeks that I get really tired. I also work with kids. I have been wondering if anyone else felt this way. I know I have not been any help but maybe someone will have some words of wisdom for us! God Bless
    (((hugs))) Janice
  • Tux
    Tux Member Posts: 544

Similar feeling
    I am 21 months past dx. I took tamoxifen for about 11 mos. I had my ovaries removed in July and take Aromasin now. I had lumpectomy, 4 rounds of chemo and 30 rads. I have joint pain from the Aromasin and I too get tired in the afternoon. It does not happen everyday but I will go for a few weeks that I am fine then have a few weeks that I get really tired. I also work with kids. I have been wondering if anyone else felt this way. I know I have not been any help but maybe someone will have some words of wisdom for us! God Bless
    (((hugs))) Janice

Fatigue
    I worked at a tough job teaching middle school when dx'ed 2 years ago.
    Went through the surgeries, etc. Fatigue was a problem. I tried to
    build in rest periods (lunchtime in my room by myself), sat down if
    possible to rest during class, and I cut out needless errands.
    Tylenol Arthritis has helped, too. I also
    have tried to maintain a good diet & regular excercise to help.

You might consider checking with a dietician to make sure your diet
    is on-track. I hope you can overcome this problem.
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    sorry...you are going
    sorry...you are going through this..I had no fatigue etc..at all...but I can feel for you...I am sure you take misc vitamins! (I take at dr suggestion: multi, calcium, D, B12, Folic acid, baby asprin etc..)

I dont' think there is a NORMAL..per say...LIKE I AM NOT normal NO SIDE effects at all from Radiation-so I think I am Happily abnormal..hehe

Denise