Have a question... very concerned...

gagee
gagee Member Posts: 332
Felt bad last week and my reg. doctor wasn't available so I saw a partner. He said i needed a liver scan or ultra sound done. Didn't give a reason but I did have hepatitis back in the mid 70's. So he said we should have a look at the condition of the liver. Well i did liver scan on Wed. and this afternoon Thur. I got a call from the nurse. She said doctor says to see regular doctor for follow up. I have fatty tissue disease. She said I would have to lower cholesterol and fat and that could be all I need to do. But........ then she said I have a something on my kidney. Which could be fatty tissue also but need to see my doctor. Of course, being Thur. my doctor is off for a long weekend. I sent him an email and he can be really good about answering but I am scared to death. Has anyone else had this after bc? I am quite the worrier and that just makes the wait longer and harder. Please say a prayer and give me some strength.
Thank You all for listening. Diana

Comments

• laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    The nurse can't tell us a whole lot but to see the doctor. Worrying is not going to change the news you recieve. Worrying will only change your mental health until you get the news. Try to think of some fun things to do that will keep your mind busy for now.
  • aysemari
    aysemari Member Posts: 1,596 Member
    Don't forget
    Worry is the ENEMY. Please try and don't stress yourself. Remember you are going
    through a very traumatic experience and you need to treat yourself with the utmost
    care. You can spend your weekend worrying and in a state of anxiety or you can calm
    down your mind and do something enjoyable like reread your favorite book, watch your
    favorite movie, listen to music or make that call to your best friend. I know this isn't
    easy but I hope you will choose to treat yourself gently.

I am sending good vibes your way and hoping for the best outcome on your scans.

Hugs,
    Ayse
  • LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    Dear Diana -- When I feel
    Dear Diana -- When I feel nervous, I pray and sometimes I close my eyes and take a deep, deep breath. I do that several times until I feel better. I know this is difficult, especially when waiting for results to come back. But like our sisters said, worrying will not make a difference, but staying positive will. Plus we're here for you, always (even if you need to chat). You hang in there and always think positive. Although you have a liver condition, I'm very happy to know it's not related to c. To me that's good news. I'm sorry you have to wait for the other concern, but I'll have you in my prayers.
  • camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    Hi Diana
    I will say prayers. This will be a long weekend for you. I hate waiting over the weekend for tests. Call my cell if you feel like talking.
    Carol
  • Tux
    Tux Member Posts: 544
    camul said:

Hi Diana
    I will say prayers. This will be a long weekend for you. I hate waiting over the weekend for tests. Call my cell if you feel like talking.
    Carol

waiting
    Yuck! I hate that you have to wait to talk to doctor. I agree with
    earlier posters who suggested that you keep a positive frame of mind
    as much as possible. If you are religious, turn this worry over to
    God.

Keep us posted--we are here for you, Diana!
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member

The nurse can't tell us a whole lot but to see the doctor. Worrying is not going to change the news you recieve. Worrying will only change your mental health until you get the news. Try to think of some fun things to do that will keep your mind busy for now.

I agree that the Nurse
    I agree that the Nurse really shouldn't even try to explain to you. Talk to your doctor and I know he can explain it all to you. I am sending good luck and lots of prayers.

Let us know what you find out!

Hugs, Diane
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    So very sorry you have to wait...
    Of course you're scared. We understand.

I hope your doctor contacts you tomorrow. And, truly I hope his explanation will ease your worry.

Kind regards, Susan
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    camul said:

Hi Diana
    Carol

Diana, have you heard or
    Diana, have you heard or seen your doctor yet? I am praying that it will be good news.

♠♣ Love, Susie ♠♣