Need help remembering

Rague
Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
edited October 2011 in Breast Cancer #1
those who are no longer physically here with us - but always with us in spirit - by name.

This weekend I'll be doing an Inipi (Sweat Lodge) and then the Retreat and I want to be sure I have everyone by 'name' with me during this time though I know all will be there - it's for me that I want to remember each 'name'.

The first that come to mind - in no particular order - are Moopy, MommaG (MamaG), Heidijez, Lindsey (Marine911's wife) and of course pinkfluttrby. I know there are others - foregive me I can't remember the names. There's also Shortscake - miss her so and the not knowing.

I'm sitting here crying - can't remember the last time I did - because I feel so inadequet for not being able to remember every name.

Susan

Comments

• Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Awww, Susan...
    Please don't cry. You are certainly NOT inadequate! Your heart is in the right place, for sure. So meaningful to include in such a special way our friends who passed much too soon.

To help you out with this - add Meena.

And maybe these two were before your time here (?), I'm not sure: Irishwhispers (Trish) & YoungOne.

It hurts to see so many names, count them all ...

Kind regards, Susan
  • LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    Susan -- That's very sweet
    Susan -- That's very sweet of you. Please don't be sad.

I just joined this year and only got to read a few posts from Meena and pinkfluttrby. The others I didn't have the pleasure to know.

I pray we don't loose anyone else. And that we live long healthy lives. And for those still fighting to recover.
  • Rague

Awww, Susan...
    Please don't cry. You are certainly NOT inadequate! Your heart is in the right place, for sure. So meaningful to include in such a special way our friends who passed much too soon.

To help you out with this - add Meena.

And maybe these two were before your time here (?), I'm not sure: Irishwhispers (Trish) & YoungOne.

It hurts to see so many names, count them all ...

Kind regards, Susan

Meena -
    how could I have forgotten her!

I've been 'here' 4 mths (Aug '09) less than you, I remember Irishwhispers and YoungOne but not to the extent of ones since.

Susan
  • dbhadra
    dbhadra Member Posts: 344 Member

Susan -- That's very sweet
    Susan -- That's very sweet of you. Please don't be sad.

I just joined this year and only got to read a few posts from Meena and pinkfluttrby. The others I didn't have the pleasure to know.

I pray we don't loose anyone else. And that we live long healthy lives. And for those still fighting to recover.

what a wonderful thing
    you are doing to remember those who have passed. I also remember Meena (Norma) as she was one of the first here that I had PMed, and she also had IBC (like both of us). I had actually met her once at Dr C's in Fox Chase, shortly before she passed.

Laura
  • jennytwist
    jennytwist Member Posts: 896
    dbhadra said:

what a wonderful thing
    you are doing to remember those who have passed. I also remember Meena (Norma) as she was one of the first here that I had PMed, and she also had IBC (like both of us). I had actually met her once at Dr C's in Fox Chase, shortly before she passed.

Laura

Susan
    - I help Cat64 with the birthdays and we have some who have passed on our list as well, I work tonight but will double check what I have and let you know if I have anyone you've missed. I'll send any your way tonight or early tomorrow (mountain time)
    Don't be hard on yourself - what a beautiful thing to do, remembering our beloved pink sisters - as you said, they will be there and know what a gentle, kind heart you have.
    love,
    Jenny
  • Rague

Susan
    - I help Cat64 with the birthdays and we have some who have passed on our list as well, I work tonight but will double check what I have and let you know if I have anyone you've missed. I'll send any your way tonight or early tomorrow (mountain time)
    Don't be hard on yourself - what a beautiful thing to do, remembering our beloved pink sisters - as you said, they will be there and know what a gentle, kind heart you have.
    love,
    Jenny

Mountain time here
    I'll be leaving about 7:30 am on Friday - that's early for me - the inipi starts at 9 - and will not be 'checking in' once I leave or until I'm home on Sunday afternoon.

One of the last things we do on Sunday is to write what we want to 'release' to our Higher Power. There is a beautiful box that was lovingly made/carved by a fantastic Veteran in memory of his wife (I was blessed to know this fantastic man). What we write is private and then 'crumple' and put in the box and fired so that the smoke takes 'it' to the Higher One. In addition to my personal message from the Retreat, I will have a short note to each and a note to any I may have missed - I believe they will understand. (IF anyone would like to have a message put in the box PM me with a very short message - my printer is out of ink so anything would have be handwritten by me.)

Then we go to the last Retreat meal together where family is invited. I choose to take myself to the Retreats so I have my 4X4 there 'just in case' - don't like being anywhere I can't get out of IF I have to - one of the first ones I went to we had a major blizzard hit.

Susan
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    :-(
    Please do not beat yourself up over not recalling all the names, in stress we tend to forget and the loss of ones you care for certainly fall into the stress category! It is a good thing that you are doing and I thank you for your efforts! Many hugs, you will be on my heart this coming weekend.

♥ RE ♥
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    RE said:

:-(
    Please do not beat yourself up over not recalling all the names, in stress we tend to forget and the loss of ones you care for certainly fall into the stress category! It is a good thing that you are doing and I thank you for your efforts! Many hugs, you will be on my heart this coming weekend.

♥ RE ♥

Oh my how nice of you to
    Oh my how nice of you to think of your pink sisters on your retreat. pinkfutterby is Libby. I cant remember the simplest of things and it is frustrating. have a great time
  • jennytwist
    jennytwist Member Posts: 896
    carkris said:

Oh my how nice of you to
    Oh my how nice of you to think of your pink sisters on your retreat. pinkfutterby is Libby. I cant remember the simplest of things and it is frustrating. have a great time

Only one
    more- on the list I have that you can add - Deb1969 (she passed away 10-16-10)

-take care and have a safe, peaceful retreat - it sounds lovely.
    much love,
    Jenny
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

Only one
    more- on the list I have that you can add - Deb1969 (she passed away 10-16-10)

-take care and have a safe, peaceful retreat - it sounds lovely.
    much love,
    Jenny

Susan .. such a noble and honorable gesture ...
    I am so pleased to call you my friend. You are one of treasures here on our Site.

Gentle hugs, and happy retreating.

Vicki Sam