Proactive Approach

sangora
sangora Member Posts: 213
After the last Taxotere disaster, my oncologist is going to try and get ahead this time. Had a treatment today that went ok. I am tired and crabby but other than that seem ok. I go in Friday for a Nuelista shot and begin Cepro on the 7th day after teatment for 7 days to ward of potiential infections. If I become dehydrated at all, they will bring me in for IV fluids. I really hope this works because I really don't want to land in the hospital a week after every treatment. Sam

Comments

• jim2011
    jim2011 Member Posts: 115
    fluids
    It is so important to stay even with the fluids. I never had any success getting ahead of them and ended up in the hospital for 14 days at the end of round 3 of chemo. I got to be a regular at the fluid room at Mercy Hospital. I watched the Vikings lose many games up there. They called that the little house and just down the hall if you get admitted then thats called the big house.
    So...yes if you become light headed or any other sign of dehydration then get a ride to the fluids and relax with a good magazine. I dont even think it is possible to get too much fluid. I wish you the best.
    Jim
  • paul61
    paul61 Member Posts: 1,392 Member
    Sam,

After an adventure of passing out and ending up in the ER, my oncologist set me up to come in for IV fluids three days after each infusion for my last four ECF cycles. It really made a big difference in how I felt that week and the next. It is too bad that it is just not a regular part of the process because I really believe most of us can not drink enough water to stay ahead of the dehydration that many chemo drugs cause.

I hope this works better for you this time.

Best Regards,

Paul Adams
    McCormick, South Carolina

DX 10/22/2009 T2N1M0 Stage IIB
    12/03/2009 Ivor Lewis
    2/8 through 6/14/2010 Adjuvant Chemo Cisplatin, Epirubicin, 5 FU
    3/14/2011 CT Scan NED

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance!
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator