Hospice care

Thanks so much for all the input I have received regarding Hospice. We have signed up and today the nurse came out. She is a wonderful caring person and I think we will build a good relationship with her. Please keep Don in your prayers that the pain will be kept under control.
Reba

Comments

• LilChemoSmoker
    LilChemoSmoker Member Posts: 185
    Prayers for Don!
    Reba,

Hello and I meet you in the gap! I will pray that his pain is relieved and that Hospice fills the gap which we can not! I have had a wonderful experience with our Hospice nurse thus far and pray that you will as well. They are a wonderful organization and I for one am so very grateful for their presence. Stay strong and take care of YOU as well!

Big hugs and squeezes!
    Michelle
  • paul61
    paul61 Member Posts: 1,392 Member
    You and Don will continue to be in our prayers
    Reba,

I am so glad to hear that Don will be getting the kind of focused pain management and general support that Hospice can do best. They seem to be staffed with people who really are empathetic and skilled in the services they deliver.

Don will continue to be in my prayers as will you.

Praying for effective pain relief for Don and quality time together for both of you.

Best Regards,

Paul Adams
    McCormick, South Carolina

DX 10/22/2009 T2N1M0 Stage IIB
    12/03/2009 Ivor Lewis
    2/8 through 6/14/2010 Adjuvant Chemo Cisplatin, Epirubicin, 5 FU
    3/14/2011 CT Scan NED

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance!
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator
  • TerryV
    TerryV Member Posts: 887
    In our thoughts and prayers
    Reba,

I'm glad that you and Don opted to get Hospice involved. I have always heard wonderful things about them.

Allowing someone else to take the worry from the medical side of Don's care will give you more time to truly "be with" Don.

Love & Hugs to you both!

Terry
  • chemosmoker
    chemosmoker Member Posts: 501
    Great news for Don and for YOU!!!
    Reba,
    I am praying for you and Don.
    I am SO relieved to hear that yo have had a good beginning experience with Hospice so far.
    They have been an absolute Godsend for us so far. I am always glad when someone get them involved and I am glad that Sherri and many others here were HERE ot convince me that I should not wait until the "end". They have a LOT to offer.

God bless you and may you and Don have MANY MANY memories to be made ahead.

With love and support,
    -Eric