Start f/a/c tomorrow

Options
Hi Ladies It was been a few months since I have posted,I have finished my Taxol treatments 11 out of 12. My Onc stopped at 11 due to some neuropathy I was expieriencing.I made it through the weekly Taxol and every 3 weeks of herceptin with minimal side effects. All were quit managable. I even gained 16 lbs. which I needed (I was 100lbs before treatment)
Anyway Tomorrow I will start f/a/c 4 treatments 21 days apart and I am so nervous because I do not know how my body will react and what to expect. I have my antinausea meds Zoloft, Emend, and compazine.Did anyone take all 3? seems like a lot. I know the Emend is only day of and 2 days after the treatment.
So I have a few questions... with Taxol I would get tired and have some bone pain and muscle cramps the 3 days after treatment and it would last 2-3 days.
Should I expect about the same with the f/a/c?
Did you take any vitamin suppliments?
Did you go out into public places?
The Taxol treatment has also started menopause. I am having hot flashes and night sweats daily. Any advice on how to deal with menopause would be great. I am 38 years old.
I have also had nosebleeds on the taxol,did you have them on a/c or f/a/c?
Sorry I know Im rambling the anxiety is really getting to me tonight.

Comments

• DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Options
    It is normal to be anxious
    It is normal to be anxious before any treatment with bc. I wish I could just reach out and hug you to make you feel better and calmer.

I am wishing you good luck tomorrow and saying a prayer for you.

Hugs, Debby
  • dbhadra
    dbhadra Member Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    DebbyM said:

It is normal to be anxious
    It is normal to be anxious before any treatment with bc. I wish I could just reach out and hug you to make you feel better and calmer.

I am wishing you good luck tomorrow and saying a prayer for you.

Hugs, Debby

Most of the drugs
    They'll give you in the iv. if you need more you can ten take by mouth. Great that you are done with the taxol part!

I also had taxol followed by fec.

Good luck with this next phase,

Laura
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    dbhadra said:

Most of the drugs
    They'll give you in the iv. if you need more you can ten take by mouth. Great that you are done with the taxol part!

I also had taxol followed by fec.

Good luck with this next phase,

Laura

Wishing you good luck and
    Wishing you good luck and sending a big hug to you!

Hugs, Lex
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    Alexis F said:

Wishing you good luck and
    Wishing you good luck and sending a big hug to you!

Hugs, Lex

Hoping that you got thru
    Hoping that you got thru your first treatment today with no problems. Post to let us know how it went for you.

Sue :)
  • fighting4five
    fighting4five Member Posts: 71
    Options
    Ritzy said:

Hoping that you got thru
    Hoping that you got thru your first treatment today with no problems. Post to let us know how it went for you.

Sue :)

Had my first f/a/c and It
    Had my first f/a/c and It was not bad for me at all.I don't have a port so it is done in my arm. They gave me premeds (Emend,Zofran,pepcid,Dex) then the Adriamycin they pushed by hand. The f/c were both iv pump. So far I feel fine except for having hot flashes.
    I still have an appetite and still have my taste. Not sure If or how long that will last but I was surprised at how well it went.I believe it is all of the prayers and positive thinking. So Thank you all for the prayers :)
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options

Had my first f/a/c and It
    Had my first f/a/c and It was not bad for me at all.I don't have a port so it is done in my arm. They gave me premeds (Emend,Zofran,pepcid,Dex) then the Adriamycin they pushed by hand. The f/c were both iv pump. So far I feel fine except for having hot flashes.
    I still have an appetite and still have my taste. Not sure If or how long that will last but I was surprised at how well it went.I believe it is all of the prayers and positive thinking. So Thank you all for the prayers :)

So happy that it went better
    So happy that it went better than you had thought it would! I believe in prayers and positive thinking too and you have all of that from your pink sisters here.

Hugs, Diane
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    DianeBC said:

So happy that it went better
    So happy that it went better than you had thought it would! I believe in prayers and positive thinking too and you have all of that from your pink sisters here.

Hugs, Diane

Fighting4five, I am glad
    Fighting4five, I am glad that your first treatment went well for you. Praying for you!

Hugs, Leeza
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    jnl said:

Fighting4five, I am glad
    Fighting4five, I am glad that your first treatment went well for you. Praying for you!

Hugs, Leeza

You are a brave sister and I
    You are a brave sister and I am happy that the 1st chemo is over and done for you now.

I will be praying that they all will go smoothly for you.

Keep us updated when you can.