A new hurdle is coming my way

poplolly
poplolly Member Posts: 346
I've not posted in a while. I've been in a forum at yahoo. They have a cancer group, and I have become interested in animated gifs and tags for e-mail, so I've been experimenting with them. I wish I could insert them here and then I could "WoW" you with cute pictures. My news is this: I have a tumor in the breast I have left. We knew I had it when the surgery was done on my right breast. Right now, they say it's not cancer but my surgeon and I think the best thing to do is remove the left breast. So, on November 22nd I'll be sluffing off another part of my body.

Judy

Comments

• sinee
    sinee Member Posts: 196 Member
    Oh Judy
    So sorry to hear this, even harder when you know what to expect~but so much better to have you hanging around as long as possible to inspire and bring love and light into the world~We will be holding you up~ on November 22nd and the days following the surgery....keep on being the amazing person that you are~Sinee
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    I am so sorry...and wish you
    I am so sorry...and wish you the best....I'll check back for updates

Denise
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member

Denise
  • poplolly
    sinee said:

Oh Judy
    So sorry to hear this, even harder when you know what to expect~but so much better to have you hanging around as long as possible to inspire and bring love and light into the world~We will be holding you up~ on November 22nd and the days following the surgery....keep on being the amazing person that you are~Sinee

Thank you
    I appreciate you kind words and thoughts.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

Denise

I am so sorry about this news!
    Being pro-active is very valuable --- Gentle hugs, and prayers coming your way.

Vicki Sam
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    VickiSam said:

I am so sorry about this news!
    Being pro-active is very valuable --- Gentle hugs, and prayers coming your way.

Vicki Sam

Can you explain?
    Judy -

So sorry to hear of the need for another surgery/mastectomy. Why is it the best thing to do to remove the breast? I know we're at higher risk for cancer in the contralateral breast and I know many have had bilateral mastectomies with the "other" breast being removed prophylactically. I also know that BCRA plays a factor in this decision. Does anyone have any other information about when removing that other breast is a good idea? Does it correlate with the stage and grade of the cancerous breast?

Suzanne
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member

Denise

Wishing you good luck Judy
    Wishing you good luck Judy and I will keep you in my prayers.

Hugs, Debby
  • Vigee
    Vigee Member Posts: 66
    So Sorry
    Judy I am so sorry you have to go through another surgery.

My surgeon gave me the option and I decided to have them both taken right away to avoid this.

Know we are thinking of you and this is the best thing to do.

<3 V
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    poplolly said:

Thank you
    I appreciate you kind words and thoughts.

I am very sorry. I will be
    I am very sorry. I will be praying for a successful surgery for you and a quick recovery.

Hugs, Lex
  • poplolly

Can you explain?
    Judy -

So sorry to hear of the need for another surgery/mastectomy. Why is it the best thing to do to remove the breast? I know we're at higher risk for cancer in the contralateral breast and I know many have had bilateral mastectomies with the "other" breast being removed prophylactically. I also know that BCRA plays a factor in this decision. Does anyone have any other information about when removing that other breast is a good idea? Does it correlate with the stage and grade of the cancerous breast?

Suzanne

Double Whammy
    My oncologist said that the liklihood of my having breast cancer in the other breast increases since I've had it in one of them. I also have a tendency to have fibroid tumors and my breasts are dense. It makes it harder to detect cancer when they are dense. Right now my surgeon have me coming every six months for mammograms so she can watch the tumor for growth. All of these reasons led us to decide removing the breast was the best course of action.

Judy
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Vigee said:

So Sorry
    Judy I am so sorry you have to go through another surgery.

My surgeon gave me the option and I decided to have them both taken right away to avoid this.

Know we are thinking of you and this is the best thing to do.

<3 V</p>

I am very sorry also Judy
    I am very sorry also Judy that you have to endure more surgery. I am sending prayers and hugs and lots of positive thoughts.
  • laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    Judy
    I think it is wise to go with the removal of the breast. Who is to say when the non cancerous growth will decide to become a traitor to your body. You seem to be taking a proactive stance. Who needs the worry if you can avoid it.

Now if you are in the mood for a chuckle read further.

Though you are losing the other breast, the good news is that you are not losing your mind. Now that would be tragic.
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Judy, I'm so sorry you have
    Judy, I'm so sorry you have to go through surgery again. But better not to wait. I know if this was my choice I would do the same thing. Some times I wish I had both removed instead of just one. I wish you all the best your in my prayers. I will be with you on the 22Nd. Take care darlin Kay,
  • skipper54
    skipper54 Member Posts: 936 Member

Judy, I'm so sorry you have
    Judy, I'm so sorry you have to go through surgery again. But better not to wait. I know if this was my choice I would do the same thing. Some times I wish I had both removed instead of just one. I wish you all the best your in my prayers. I will be with you on the 22Nd. Take care darlin Kay,

Sorry to hear about your surgery.
    Sending {{{{{HUGS}}}}} and prayers, for strength and peace. Also prayers for your surgeon.
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    skipper54 said:

Sorry to hear about your surgery.
    Sending {{{{{HUGS}}}}} and prayers, for strength and peace. Also prayers for your surgeon.

I'm so sorry that you are
    I'm so sorry that you are going to have more surgery. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs, Leeza
  • Pam5
    Pam5 Member Posts: 232
    jnl said:

I'm so sorry that you are
    I'm so sorry that you are going to have more surgery. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs, Leeza

I'm sorry you have to do
    I'm sorry you have to do this again. Believe me I know what that's like. I've lost one and will lose the other soon but the other is malignant. This stuff is really tough. I'll be thinking of you.

Take care,
    Pam
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Pam5 said:

I'm sorry you have to do
    I'm sorry you have to do this again. Believe me I know what that's like. I've lost one and will lose the other soon but the other is malignant. This stuff is really tough. I'll be thinking of you.

Take care,
    Pam

I will be thinking of you
    I will be thinking of you and I am sending you lots of hugs and prayers!
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991

Denise

Sending gentle hugs and lots
    Sending gentle hugs and lots of prayers and good luck to you for your upcoming surgery.

Hugs, Angie