Ladies Can You Help

I just got a dx of IBC they changed it from IDC . This was after all their tests have come back. Imnot going to let this stop me from living. Plus now im left to deal with a se of the rads that i went though no fun.

Comments

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Truthfully I am unfamilar
    Truthfully I am unfamilar with either or...so not help there...but i'll be thinking of you!

Denise
  • SIROD
    SIROD Member Posts: 2,194 Member
    Hi Jerseygirl,
    There is a

Hi Jerseygirl,

There is a woman who post here on IBC and there was another whose post might help you. Following is her postings.

http://csn.cancer.org/board_search/127?filter0=meena1&edit[form_token]=e08cf2a23d076b8929ba4d4bde15816e

There are boards on the internet who deal only with IBC. Goggle Inflammatory Breast Cancer Forums or boards and it should be able to answer your questions.

http://apps.komen.org/forums/tt.aspx?forumid=48

a woman named Mary I has had IBC for a long time that might answer your questions.

http://www.inspire.com/groups/advanced-breast-cancer/new/active/

I know there are ladies there with this dx and just ask for their help.

Best Wishes,

Doris
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    I have IDC, but I just
    I have IDC, but I just wanted to say that I am so sorry that you have this terrible disease and that you have come to the right place. We will help in any way that we can.

Here is a link for the NCI:

IBC

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/Sites-Types/IBC
  • mamolady
    mamolady Member Posts: 796 Member
    Is there anything specific?
    Is there anything specific? I have IDC, but I know there are a couple of women on this sight with IBC. The "what type of BC" post has been posted on recently so you can check that out too if you want to just message some one.
    Sorry you are having to switch gears at this point.....
    Cindy
  • jerseygirl231
    jerseygirl231 Member Posts: 178
    mamolady said:

Is there anything specific?
    Is there anything specific? I have IDC, but I know there are a couple of women on this sight with IBC. The "what type of BC" post has been posted on recently so you can check that out too if you want to just message some one.
    Sorry you are having to switch gears at this point.....
    Cindy

Thanks
    I just wish the doctors had made sure before they told me what type. I wont let it get me down i just have to regroup and fight this and win.
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    IBC here
    There are several of us here who are IBC. I'm 2 yrs post DX and I'm definately "alive and kickin'".

Did the Dr explain why the DX change? If it had been when you came out of surgery I'd understand perhaps but when you've gone through rads to change the DX now now seems strange to me. Inflammatory BC usually presents itself very differently than the other BC.

Which chemos did you do and how many nodes were involved? I checked your profile and didn't find any info about your journey so far.

What can we do to help you?

Susan
  • smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    Welcome Jerseygirl
    I to have Ibc. I will help any way I can is there some specific you want to know about?
    I to thought it a little odd that they change your Dx like that at the Rad stage. How did your cancer present itself? Mine came up over night. I was fine when I went to bed and in the morning I woke up sore, inflamed, swollen. It presents differently then the others bc's.
    I did Taxotere, carboplatin, herceptin. then surgery then rads. I got a clean pathology after surgery and so far so good. I do see the Dr for pain tomorrow SE from Arimidex, and Femara. So far I have taken both. what Chemo did you have? How did your pathology come out. Any lymph-nodes involved? I went to read your about me page but you didn't fill it out.
    I wish you all the best. Your in my prayers and thoughts. Anything we can help you with your got it. We are here for you. Take care darlin Kay
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    I'm another with IBC and
    I'm another with IBC and ready to help. I did chemo, surgery, then rads. Please tell us more so we know how we can help.

Hugs,

Linda
  • butterflylvr
    butterflylvr Member Posts: 944

I'm another with IBC and
    I'm another with IBC and ready to help. I did chemo, surgery, then rads. Please tell us more so we know how we can help.

Hugs,

Linda

I just wanted to say I am so
    I just wanted to say I am so proud of all you girls for helping out our Jerseygirl. I have IDC so I am of no help, but it touches my heart to see all the support.

We Rock...
    Hugs,
    Lorrie
  • ladybug22
    ladybug22 Member Posts: 646
    jerseygirl"
    We are with u if can help email me
  • lolad
    lolad Member Posts: 670
    ladybug22 said:

jerseygirl"
    We are with u if can help email me

Know that
    you are in my prayers and thoughts. The support of this board is so supportive and awesome so know that you asked for help at the right place.
    take care
    laura