Sad day. :(

pmd1490
pmd1490 Member Posts: 7
My mother just found out via community newsletter today that one of me and my sister's beloved elementary school teachers recently passed away from breast cancer. :( Up to this point, I was fortunate enough to not have people I knew personally die from breast cancer, but this hit so close to home for my mother, sister, and I. It made us all a little teary-eyed. I wasn't able to stop re-reading the obituary...After returning home from surgery to remove brain tumors from BC, my mom has been relatively upbeat. But today, I could tell this really affected her. I keep trying to make her laugh and keep her spirits up, but once the laughter fades I can see the sadness in her eyes. This makes my heart very heavy. :/ I wish I would've stayed in better contact with her, and I think I can sense that my mom is wishing the same way.

Wherever you are located, please send a prayer to the family of Mrs. Elyce Kaplan.

Prayers to All.

Comments

• smalldoggroomer
    smalldoggroomer Member Posts: 1,184
    I know the feeling of
    I know the feeling of loosing some one very well. You and your family are in my prayers and thoughts. Stay close to your Mom, She needs a rock to lean on now. Take care Kay.
  • jennytwist
    jennytwist Member Posts: 896

I know the feeling of
    I know the feeling of loosing some one very well. You and your family are in my prayers and thoughts. Stay close to your Mom, She needs a rock to lean on now. Take care Kay.

Keeping you
    and your family in my prayers ... and a special one for your teacher. Take good care.
    much love,
    -Jenny
  • ManWithaMission
    ManWithaMission Member Posts: 497
    Prayers for your Teacher
    I am so sorry to hear of the lose of another sister in pink. Even though I did not know her personaly, it is a sad day never the less, every time I hear of anybody's passing from Cancer. No matter what kind. My prayers go out to you & your family and especally to Elyce Kaplan and her family in this time of sadness & loss.

Robert
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    My prayers and heart are
    My prayers and heart are with them all.
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member

I know the feeling of

Sending prayers and my
    Sending prayers and my deepest sympathy.

Sue :)
  • sinee
    sinee Member Posts: 196 Member
    feeling the pain
    go give your mom a hug for me, tell her it is from a pink sister who is never going to give up fighting the fight, and has just passed her 1 year anniversary~1 year that I got to laugh, cry, spend with my daughter, my son, my granddaugher, and the love of my life~that is 365 days~and I have begun the next 365 days, and so will she...love to you, prayers for peace for your teacher and her family~tell your mom, I said, don't let fear win. Love & hugs to you too. Sinee
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    so sorry...

so sorry...