anastrozole

pkp
pkp Member Posts: 8
Hi
I was diagnosed with bcancer in july. I had a biopsy one wk and surgery the next. IHad a lumpectomy on my left side plus " the string ofpearls" taken out.(lymphmoods under left arm)..My tests came back with camcer being stage 1 and no cancer in the noids..Thank God!!I ended up getting an infection where the surgery was and had to go to the surgeons Nurse for almost 3 wks to get it packed to drain..
I had 3 wks of radiation thank God again.. It was a double shot each day. They said I wouldn't feel anything until the 2 nd or 3 rd wk.. Well I did the 1st day & 9 days after that really bad. It was like having a caffene buzz & low blood sugar attack. Some days I would have to pullover because of fear not putting the bake on.. I learnedTo wait a minnute be4 driving.. I couldn't concentrate for the whole 3 wks..I am gratefulfor no chemo!!!
I am alergic to all kinds of meds & even some vitamins.. I am terrified to take the bottle ofAnastrozole..... I feel God has guided from the mamogram to radiation.. Butfor some reason I am terrified of the med.. I am so torn on what to do.Take it or not..
Any advice anybody?

Comments

• mamolady
    mamolady Member Posts: 796 Member
    I had to stare down the
    I had to stare down the bottle for a couple of days. The unknown is usually worse than the is. I have been taking it since july and only mild side effects. They seem to be calming down some too. Only you can know what will work for you though.

Cindy
  • sinee
    sinee Member Posts: 196 Member
    took me two weeks
    to finally convince myself to start taking it. No and I mean no side affects here. Easiest thing I have had to do so far. One little pill, and the potential to not have to go through all of this again? ahhhh. go ahead, it will be fine~Sinee
  • Pam5
    Pam5 Member Posts: 232
    sinee said:

took me two weeks
    to finally convince myself to start taking it. No and I mean no side affects here. Easiest thing I have had to do so far. One little pill, and the potential to not have to go through all of this again? ahhhh. go ahead, it will be fine~Sinee

I'm on it to shrink my tumor
    I'm on it to shrink my tumor and I have absolutely no side effects. You may find it's fine or you may have a little stiffness first thing in the morning. That's all I've ever heard in terms of side effects - I just didn't have any. Good luck.
  • mwallace1325
    mwallace1325 Member Posts: 806
    Pam5 said:

I'm on it to shrink my tumor
    I'm on it to shrink my tumor and I have absolutely no side effects. You may find it's fine or you may have a little stiffness first thing in the morning. That's all I've ever heard in terms of side effects - I just didn't have any. Good luck.

I'm on
    I'm on it and have almost no side effects either. I first started on femera and had a whole boatload of SE. Stopped that after 7 months, tried anastrozole and had breathing issues (have asthma) and stopped for a couple months. Onc suggested I try it again and this time, it's all good.

We're each so different, only you can make the decision. Check with your doctor to see if there's a chance the SE might be permanent, if not think about trying the meds, if that's your choice.

Good luck whatever you decide.

marge
  • SIROD
    SIROD Member Posts: 2,194 Member
    Arimidex
    Dear pkp,

No one likes to take medicine. I certainly don't. It is better than having a recurrence isn't it? Even though your cancer is early stage 1, you can still morphed to stage IV. Twenty-five percent of stage 0 and 1 do go on to become stage IV. A fact that isn't often advertised. Early detection is not a cure and there isn't any guarantee with Breast cancer. It is good to give yourself the best odds you can.

Arimidex doesn't alter your mind, so you won't have trouble driving or doing anything else. It does have side effects, some you might experience and some you might not. You will never know without trying.

Best,

Doris
  • pkp
    SIROD said:

Arimidex
    Dear pkp,

No one likes to take medicine. I certainly don't. It is better than having a recurrence isn't it? Even though your cancer is early stage 1, you can still morphed to stage IV. Twenty-five percent of stage 0 and 1 do go on to become stage IV. A fact that isn't often advertised. Early detection is not a cure and there isn't any guarantee with Breast cancer. It is good to give yourself the best odds you can.

Arimidex doesn't alter your mind, so you won't have trouble driving or doing anything else. It does have side effects, some you might experience and some you might not. You will never know without trying.

Best,

Doris

no meds
    Hi thank you all for the advise & coments.. I talked to my oncolgist again & she told me I didn't have to take the pill.. She said I am good candidate for not taking it. By making a healthy life change of exersise & eating healthy.. She said there is less then 10% of cancer reccuring.. I to want to be here for my grandkids also so I will do the best I can to make a healthy life style change.. With side effects from the drug how can I feel good enough to to be with my grandkids... All we have is today so I want to make the best of each day... I feel with the drug it will be my worst night mare if I took it.. I know a lot of you think I am not doing what I can to keep the bc away.. I am by trusting in God that it is gone & it will never come back! Also with my life style change...
    I am a survivor & will not let the bc come back!!
    Blessings to you all & may God help us all on this fight for our life...
  • Different Ballgame
    Different Ballgame Member Posts: 868
    pkp said:

no meds
    Hi thank you all for the advise & coments.. I talked to my oncolgist again & she told me I didn't have to take the pill.. She said I am good candidate for not taking it. By making a healthy life change of exersise & eating healthy.. She said there is less then 10% of cancer reccuring.. I to want to be here for my grandkids also so I will do the best I can to make a healthy life style change.. With side effects from the drug how can I feel good enough to to be with my grandkids... All we have is today so I want to make the best of each day... I feel with the drug it will be my worst night mare if I took it.. I know a lot of you think I am not doing what I can to keep the bc away.. I am by trusting in God that it is gone & it will never come back! Also with my life style change...

You have the right to make the decision
    You have the right to make the decision as to whether you or you will not take "the pill". Some people are lucky and will have no side affects or will experience mild side affects. Then, there are others who have terrible side affects. So....to those who decide not to take the pill, it is your right to make the decision that you feel is best for you and no one should make you feel guilty for making that decision.

To those who do not take "the pill", make sure you see your oncology doctors in the following years to continue to validate that you are going great! Just because you are not taking "the pill" that does not mean that you stop seeing your doctors. Also, do your best to maintain a healthy life style.

Lots of Hugs,
    Janelle
  • mwallace1325
    mwallace1325 Member Posts: 806
    pkp said:

no meds

You've made
    You've made the right choice for you. Just as this journey is different for each of us, so are the decisions we have to make, and when it comes down to it, no matter what we do or don't do, it's all in God's hand, right where it belongs.

marge
  • pkp
    SIROD said:

Arimidex
    Dear pkp,

Best,

Doris

Thank you once again... I am
    Thank you once again... I am going to treasure my life & do what it takes to win the battle of bc... I know God has a plan fot me so I will take life one day at a time.....
    I plan on seeing my oncologist 1 a year if possible..
    If I really felt inside that taking the pill would help then God would have shown me...So I am truating in the Lord that not taking it is right..
    I wish you all Blessings & may God heal us all...
    Our life takes us on journeys that we don't like & can hardly bear..I have taken the bc & made it a positive thing to happen to me.. Not that I would want to go through it again.. I have just made my life worth living for & that is all we can expect!!!
    God Luck to everyone...
    PKP