Steve Jobs dies at 56; Apple's co-founder transformed computers and culture 1 hour ago

New Flower
New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
edited October 2011 in Breast Cancer #1
I just heard the news while driving from work. I know he was not our "sister", but he was a genius and an exceptional being, who was fighting cancer very hard
I cannot stop crying, he was a Giant and an era and we all have benefited from his vision.
My son worked at Apple for 3 years as intern while in college. Apple always treats employees, including interns very well.
New Flower

Comments

• LoveBabyJesus
    LoveBabyJesus Member Posts: 1,679 Member
    VERY SAD and cancer SUCKS!
    Apple is just the BEST. And he made it happen. It is very sad that we lost such a wonderful and talented man...to this STUPID illness, AGAIN! May he RIP. He will live forever.
  • Marsha Mulvey
    Marsha Mulvey Member Posts: 597 Member

VERY SAD and cancer SUCKS!
    Apple is just the BEST. And he made it happen. It is very sad that we lost such a wonderful and talented man...to this STUPID illness, AGAIN! May he RIP. He will live forever.

sorry to read
    I'm very sorry to read this news, but I guess it wasn't totally unexpected. Yesterday when Apple made it's big announcement, I heard on one channel that he was "gravely ill", so I figured it had worsened more quickly than we new. He truly was a genius in his field, and will long be remembered! Prayers for his loved ones.
    Marsha
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member

sorry to read
    I'm very sorry to read this news, but I guess it wasn't totally unexpected. Yesterday when Apple made it's big announcement, I heard on one channel that he was "gravely ill", so I figured it had worsened more quickly than we new. He truly was a genius in his field, and will long be remembered! Prayers for his loved ones.
    Marsha

Cancer doesnt discriminate
    Cancer doesnt discriminate the world lost a genius
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    carkris said:

Cancer doesnt discriminate
    Cancer doesnt discriminate the world lost a genius

such sad news!
    Cancer knows no boundaries ---
  • butterflylvr
    butterflylvr Member Posts: 944
    VickiSam said:

such sad news!
    Cancer knows no boundaries ---

Damn cancer...
    RIP Steve...

Damn cancer...

RIP Steve...
  • Lynn Smith
    Lynn Smith Member Posts: 1,264 Member

Damn cancer...
    RIP Steve...

Damn cancer...

RIP Steve...

I read about
    I read about his death.I told my Husband he passed away.He said "Yes he had cancer and been battling it a looooooong time".Seven years??? IMO that isn't a long time but to a non cancer patient like my husband he believes it is.

I wish he would've had many more years. A life taken to soon by this dreadful disease(CANCER)

Lynn Smith
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    A huge loss...
    I am immensely saddened by his passing. True, maybe not a "pink sister"; but, he was surely "one of us" via the cancer experience.

His original desire & objective was to provide access to the "worldwide web" (as it was then known) for EVERYONE. At that time, the "www" was available only to governments, large corporations, universities, etc. ... So, Steve Jobs (and his then partner) invented the very FIRST personal computer, for home use.

Doesn't matter if you buy/use Apple/Mac products, or not. Steve Jobs changed all of our lives, and the world. A unique visionary of our generation. He will be missed, and always remembered.

Kind regards, Susan
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    RIP Steve Jobs
    So sad but he sure left an immense legacy. Steve Jobs was an amazing visionary and a genius. I was reading in the paper about him and the radio played some of his speaking engagements. What a motivational speaker he was as well.

God bless him and his family.
  • Mitzi333
    Mitzi333 Member Posts: 511 Member

RIP Steve Jobs
    So sad but he sure left an immense legacy. Steve Jobs was an amazing visionary and a genius. I was reading in the paper about him and the radio played some of his speaking engagements. What a motivational speaker he was as well.

God bless him and his family.

A Real Pioneer...

Steve Jobs made a major contribution during his lifetime and several thought provoking speeches.

His talents and innovative spirit will be missed.

May he Rest in Peace!!!
  • SIROD
    SIROD Member Posts: 2,194 Member
    A Great Genius,
    a truly gifted person and the world he left will miss him.

Doris
  • Lighthouse_7
    Lighthouse_7 Member Posts: 1,566 Member
    SIROD said:

A Great Genius,
    a truly gifted person and the world he left will miss him.

Doris

So sad. He was a genius. He
    So sad. He was a genius. He had pancreatic cancer and fought for 8 years. He even had a liver transplant and very few people knew because he always continued to work. He took some time off and then came back.
  • mana1
    mana1 Member Posts: 16
    i sad
    i saw the most wonderful cartoon this afternoon (wish i could post the pic?) it was steve jobs, with an iphone in his hand, standing at the gates of heaven. st. peter was flipping through these large "biblical" books, looking for this name.... the words, in caption, coming from steve jobs said, "i've got an app for that" made me smile. i think he is already up there changing heaven and earth.... who knows... he may be the one who develops the ability for us to communicate with those who have passed.. ;]
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    mana1 said:

i sad
    i saw the most wonderful cartoon this afternoon (wish i could post the pic?) it was steve jobs, with an iphone in his hand, standing at the gates of heaven. st. peter was flipping through these large "biblical" books, looking for this name.... the words, in caption, coming from steve jobs said, "i've got an app for that" made me smile. i think he is already up there changing heaven and earth.... who knows... he may be the one who develops the ability for us to communicate with those who have passed.. ;]

Cartoon sounds wonderful
    I will be looking for it. I am sure he is already there.
    Thank you everyone for your responses and for the opportunity †o share my feelings and thoughts.
    Hugs,
    New Flower
  • Marsha Mulvey
    Marsha Mulvey Member Posts: 597 Member

Cartoon sounds wonderful
    I will be looking for it. I am sure he is already there.
    Thank you everyone for your responses and for the opportunity †o share my feelings and thoughts.
    Hugs,
    New Flower

Without
    Without Steve Jobs, we wouldn't have this wonderful connection. We wouldn't be able to know each other, share our stories, or encourage one another. Thank you Steve!
    Marsha
  • SIROD
    SIROD Member Posts: 2,194 Member

Without
    Without Steve Jobs, we wouldn't have this wonderful connection. We wouldn't be able to know each other, share our stories, or encourage one another. Thank you Steve!
    Marsha

To Marsha on Steve Jobs and those computer nerds
    Dear Marsha,

You are so right that without people like Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak, Bill Gates and so many others like them, we would not have a medium to go online and ask questions about our disease.  

I was diagnose before the internet was available to me.  I had Dr. Susan Love's book, it was my most prize possession as I live through it.  Then a wonderful thing happen, I were online and empowered.  I no longer had to rely on the few books, the local support group, even see the oncologist as a godlike figure.  
    In local support groups, (once belonged to one) we each had so many variations of breast cancer, it was hard to find someone, "just like you". I am grateful for the terrific world those nerds opened up for all of us.   My aunt who died in an area, that one asked no questions, knew very little about breast cancer and could only whisper about it, would be ecstatic to see how we do things today.

The world lost a genius in the passing of Steve Jobs. Sad that not even money can save someone from dying from cancer.  Money, I am certain, did prolong his life.

Thank you, Steve Jobs and those wonderful computer nerds of yesteryear.

Doris