Is Anyone Watching "Dancing With The Stars?"

susie09
susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
I really didn't think I was going to like it this time, but I have to admit, that I like it now. I guess it just takes some time to get to know the celebrities on there before I pass judgement.

Tonight was awesome! I was brought to tears. Hubby, not so much ( lol ), but, he sits there with me "cause he knows I like the show, and, he wants to be with me.

Who is your favorite, or, do you have one yet?

Please, don't vote for Chaz! He needs to go!!

♠♣ Love, Susie ♠♣

Love Dancing With The Stars

Comments

• Nana C.
    Nana C. Member Posts: 108
    DWTS
    Sorry, I used all 10 of my votes for Chaz. I think with all he went through, it takes a really strong person to continue and work as hard as he it! Who do you want to win?
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    I know it has lasted for a
    I know it has lasted for a milion seaasons, and has a great following, but I have to say I have never watched even one second of it in all the years it has been on. Nor have I ever been intrigued by American Idol, So You Think YOu Can Dance, XFactor, America's Got Talent, etc etc. For some reason I can't explain, I am simply not interested if any of them can or can't! Half of the time, when they say who was eliminated on Good Morning America, I say, ""who???" I am always trying to figure out why most of the contestants are called Stars in the first place! LOL And Reggie gets a deer in the headights look just seeing the ads! So we stay Law and Order junkies!

So, sorry that I won't be able to help Chaz Bono stay or leave~ tell me what he did to make him a Star? A Star of what???? Ditto Nancy Grace...she talks about trials on TV~ that makes her a Star? I guess I just don't get the whole concept! Educate me, please!

I know I am in the super minority~ and this show is adored by millions!!! So, whoever you are rooting for, I hope they win!!!!
  • bluwillo
    bluwillo Member Posts: 113
    I'm a Junkie!
    I've watched every season, except most of season 1.

This time around, there's an Army vet, RJ, who was wounded terribly "over there". I think he's on a soap, so he's a legitimate "star". Anyway, as I watched him last night (it was a bad night..I finally looked at my survival rate-bad idea!) I cried. His face is pretty messed up, and I found myself thinking "Geez, what a wuss am I! Here I sit, kvetching because I still have "barely there" eyebrows...and this guy has one and a half eyebrows...and it doesn't look like the other half will come back without plastic surgery. All I did was sit in a chair with a needle in my arm to lose my eyebrows...and that guy was almost killed. He was fighting the battle of his life, for us, and all I can do is complain about my piddlin' little problems?!"
    He's a real life hero!

And he's a goood dancer! Chaz Bono is transgendered, but more importantly, he's not a good dancer. So, if I was voting, I'd vote for RJ, based on dancing ability.
  • TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    bluwillo said:

I'm a Junkie!

This time around, there's an Army vet, RJ, who was wounded terribly "over there". I think he's on a soap, so he's a legitimate "star". Anyway, as I watched him last night (it was a bad night..I finally looked at my survival rate-bad idea!) I cried. His face is pretty messed up, and I found myself thinking "Geez, what a wuss am I! Here I sit, kvetching because I still have "barely there" eyebrows...and this guy has one and a half eyebrows...and it doesn't look like the other half will come back without plastic surgery. All I did was sit in a chair with a needle in my arm to lose my eyebrows...and that guy was almost killed. He was fighting the battle of his life, for us, and all I can do is complain about my piddlin' little problems?!"
    He's a real life hero!

And he's a goood dancer! Chaz Bono is transgendered, but more importantly, he's not a good dancer. So, if I was voting, I'd vote for RJ, based on dancing ability.

Junkie here, too!
    I'm a huge Dancing with the Stars fan, have watched every season since the beginning.

I agree with what judge Carrie-Ann said last night, that it takes a lot of guts for Chaz Bono to show up and put himself out there and work as hard as it's obvious he's working....but this is a dance competition, and he's just not a very good dancer. I was sorry to see that last night's rumba was a lot of him standing there while his partner danced around him.

I'm Team JR Martinez all the way....I used to see his interviews when he was on All My Children, and his positive spirit and beautiful smile were just infectious -- and he brings all of that to this show, too. And he's a really, really good dancer!

My prediction is that JR and Ricki Lake will end up in the finals -- but who will be the third? Any predictions?

Traci
  • Mitzi333
    Mitzi333 Member Posts: 511 Member
    TraciInLA said:

Junkie here, too!
    I'm a huge Dancing with the Stars fan, have watched every season since the beginning.

I agree with what judge Carrie-Ann said last night, that it takes a lot of guts for Chaz Bono to show up and put himself out there and work as hard as it's obvious he's working....but this is a dance competition, and he's just not a very good dancer. I was sorry to see that last night's rumba was a lot of him standing there while his partner danced around him.

I'm Team JR Martinez all the way....I used to see his interviews when he was on All My Children, and his positive spirit and beautiful smile were just infectious -- and he brings all of that to this show, too. And he's a really, really good dancer!

My prediction is that JR and Ricki Lake will end up in the finals -- but who will be the third? Any predictions?

Traci

I'm an avid viewer...
    My vote is for JR and Carson. JR is one of the best dancers, also Ricki Lake. Carson is soooo Fun. I love his attitude and love to see him prance around the dance floor. I hope he sticks around for entertainment value. JR is a natural. He's a GREAT dancer and should go all the way. Chaz has to go. Love his courage, but he is NOT a dancer and last nights performance he just walked around the dance floor. Sorry... time for Chaz to go...

I agree with Traci... JR and Ricki in the finals.

Mitzi ;0)
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    bluwillo said:

I'm a Junkie!

He's a real life hero!

I realize it's just
    I realize it's just semantics, but I am always "stumbling" over the word STAR...a vet is in my eyes a HERO, but not a star..and Chaz Bono...I appreciate the struggle he has had, and I think he is incredibly brave to put up with the crap dished his way, and he is probably WAY out of his comfort zone, and yet that doesn't make him a Star, either! To me, anyway!
    Bottom line? Sigh~ I admit, I just don't care if Nancy Grace can dance, or if some former wanna-be ( fill in the blank from any season!) or retired sportsperson looks good in a ball gown and/or can shake it on the dance floor! LOL I DO understand the escapism, and Lord knows we need it in this life~ so I will escape to Harry's Law, The Good Wife, and any incarnation of Law and Order!!
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    I was flipping channels
    I was flipping channels stopped for about 2 mins..that was it..

Denise
  • tgf
    tgf Member Posts: 950 Member

I was flipping channels
    I was flipping channels stopped for about 2 mins..that was it..

Denise

I'm a junkie too !!
    Every season I think it's not going to be good ... but then in no time I'm hooked again. Last night when J. R. Martinez danced I (like many others) had tears running down my cheeks. It was so touching... and he's a very good dancer.

I'm also a fan of Carson Kressley and hope he stays on for quite awhile. He's a riot!

hugs.
    teena
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    tgf said:

I'm a junkie too !!
    Every season I think it's not going to be good ... but then in no time I'm hooked again. Last night when J. R. Martinez danced I (like many others) had tears running down my cheeks. It was so touching... and he's a very good dancer.

I'm also a fan of Carson Kressley and hope he stays on for quite awhile. He's a riot!

hugs.
    teena

I watch it too with some
    I watch it too with some friends on FB we make lots of cracks and it makes me laugh. I like JR and Riki, Chynna and the other blond is good too. I have a soft spot for David Arquette, but Rob K really gets on my nerves. Chaz just doesnt dance well although I admire him and the struggle he has had. JR was on my soap that went off the air recently. I really cant stand Brookes insipid remarks, How do you feel.... but i love Carson he is not the best dancer but he is fun.
  • TraciInLA
    carkris said:

I watch it too with some
    I watch it too with some friends on FB we make lots of cracks and it makes me laugh. I like JR and Riki, Chynna and the other blond is good too. I have a soft spot for David Arquette, but Rob K really gets on my nerves. Chaz just doesnt dance well although I admire him and the struggle he has had. JR was on my soap that went off the air recently. I really cant stand Brookes insipid remarks, How do you feel.... but i love Carson he is not the best dancer but he is fun.

But Penny -- how does that make you feeeeeeel?
    :-)

I think host Tom Bergeron is a fantastic host -- I'm in awe of his ability to come up with witty responses on the fly to anything anyone throws at him (did you catch his nine/nein pun last night?).

But the only good co-host he's ever had (IMO) is Drew Lachey, who was low-key and interesting and didn't ask STUPID questions like, "How do you feel...?"

But okay...Drew didn't look nearly as good in a tight evening gown as Brooke does....:-)

Traci
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    TraciInLA said:

I think host Tom Bergeron is a fantastic host -- I'm in awe of his ability to come up with witty responses on the fly to anything anyone throws at him (did you catch his nine/nein pun last night?).

But the only good co-host he's ever had (IMO) is Drew Lachey, who was low-key and interesting and didn't ask STUPID questions like, "How do you feel...?"

But okay...Drew didn't look nearly as good in a tight evening gown as Brooke does....:-)

Traci

I liked Samantha better than
    I liked Samantha better than Brooke she is just so lame. i agree Tom is great and so quick!
  • Marsha Mulvey
    Marsha Mulvey Member Posts: 597 Member
    TraciInLA said:

Traci

"Stars"
    is not exactly the correct word anymore! From the beginning there have been actors from TV (including soaps and talk shows), a couple of movie actors, sports personalities, even Broadway performers, but I think they're getting to the point where they're running out of people who can spend the time it takes to compete. It seems as though they have to get all the "reality" stars now - and those are about as talented and real as a three dollar bill.

The thing I enjoy the most is seeing them grow "in dance". Many are as "clutzy" as me when they begin then end up looking pretty darn good. Chaz is not a star (he's the child of Sonny and Cher) and he cannot dance, he just kind of walks around the floor. Rob K acts like a spoiled child but his dance was much better last night. Nancy Grace is improving, Chynna does well, and the "other blonde" has some talent. I think Rikki Lake will drop down a little when she gets to some of the faster, more difficult dances. I think J.R. is very agile and a natural, but I believe that Hope Solo will emerge as a contender.

The part I disagree with is "America" voting for someone because it took courage for them to take part. I think people need to vote for the dance. It's fun to watch them transform into beautiful dancers. I AM NOT A DANCER and never was but I appreciate how hard they have to work to evolve. Just one persons opinion!
    Marsha
  • Marsha Mulvey

"Stars"
    is not exactly the correct word anymore! From the beginning there have been actors from TV (including soaps and talk shows), a couple of movie actors, sports personalities, even Broadway performers, but I think they're getting to the point where they're running out of people who can spend the time it takes to compete. It seems as though they have to get all the "reality" stars now - and those are about as talented and real as a three dollar bill.

The thing I enjoy the most is seeing them grow "in dance". Many are as "clutzy" as me when they begin then end up looking pretty darn good. Chaz is not a star (he's the child of Sonny and Cher) and he cannot dance, he just kind of walks around the floor. Rob K acts like a spoiled child but his dance was much better last night. Nancy Grace is improving, Chynna does well, and the "other blonde" has some talent. I think Rikki Lake will drop down a little when she gets to some of the faster, more difficult dances. I think J.R. is very agile and a natural, but I believe that Hope Solo will emerge as a contender.

The part I disagree with is "America" voting for someone because it took courage for them to take part. I think people need to vote for the dance. It's fun to watch them transform into beautiful dancers. I AM NOT A DANCER and never was but I appreciate how hard they have to work to evolve. Just one persons opinion!
    Marsha

this stinks!!!!!!!!!!!
    Okay, I was the last one to comment after Monday's competition, so...let me be the first to comment after the results! THIS REALLY DOES STINK!!!!!!!! That's why I said they need to be voted for according to their ability to dance, not a popularity contest. I don't even know who Kristin is, but she was certainly one of the most talented dancers on board this year. It makes me not want to watch anymore!

How about you???????????
  • TraciInLA

this stinks!!!!!!!!!!!
    Okay, I was the last one to comment after Monday's competition, so...let me be the first to comment after the results! THIS REALLY DOES STINK!!!!!!!! That's why I said they need to be voted for according to their ability to dance, not a popularity contest. I don't even know who Kristin is, but she was certainly one of the most talented dancers on board this year. It makes me not want to watch anymore!

How about you???????????

I'm guilty, Marsha
    Marsha, I totally see your point that this is a DANCE competition, and we should vote just based on the dancing. I know you're right, and I know I should, but I don't....

My basis for voting is "Who do I want to keep seeing on my TV?" Part of that, of course, is do I enjoy watching them dance? But some people don't seem to treat their professional partners with respect (Nancy Grace, I'm talking to you), or don't take the competition seriously (anybody remember Master P?), or are drama queens (Kate Gosselin, anyone?), or are just so annoying to listen to (like Kristin, IMO)...that I just don't want to keep seeing them on the show.

I know, I know, Marsha -- I'm hiding with a pillow over my head right now, I can hear you yelling and wagging your finger at me....:-)

Traci
  • Marsha Mulvey
    TraciInLA said:

I'm guilty, Marsha
    Marsha, I totally see your point that this is a DANCE competition, and we should vote just based on the dancing. I know you're right, and I know I should, but I don't....

My basis for voting is "Who do I want to keep seeing on my TV?" Part of that, of course, is do I enjoy watching them dance? But some people don't seem to treat their professional partners with respect (Nancy Grace, I'm talking to you), or don't take the competition seriously (anybody remember Master P?), or are drama queens (Kate Gosselin, anyone?), or are just so annoying to listen to (like Kristin, IMO)...that I just don't want to keep seeing them on the show.

I know, I know, Marsha -- I'm hiding with a pillow over my head right now, I can hear you yelling and wagging your finger at me....:-)

Traci

you're absolutely right!
    Traci, believe it or not - I agree with you on a lot of points! Nancy NO GRACE doesn't respect anyone, including the guests on her own show. She along with the others you mentioned couldn't dance anyway - except for Kristin. Besides, it would take ALL of the voters to look at it for the dance to make it really succeed. YES, I vote in political elections, but not on DWTS, so how can I complain? You'll no doubt understand when I say "I'm just pudding around". lol
    MM
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member

this stinks!!!!!!!!!!!

How about you???????????

Just not right :(
    Tonight was so not right! Kristin? They sent her home when Chaz just stood there while Lacey danced around him Monday? I also want him gone!

I wish it was just based on the judges votes!

I also wish they would have had JR do his dance again. I loved it!

Sue :)
  • Mitzi333
    Mitzi333 Member Posts: 511 Member
    carkris said:

I liked Samantha better than
    I liked Samantha better than Brooke she is just so lame. i agree Tom is great and so quick!

Yes... how did Brooke get that job???
    She's NOT a natural... It's like she's reading the questions and not at all comfortable with off witty comments. Tom B is a Great host. I really liked he and Samantha... happened to her?

OMG... Chaz is safe... whose going home???
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Mitzi333 said:

Yes... how did Brooke get that job???
    She's NOT a natural... It's like she's reading the questions and not at all comfortable with off witty comments. Tom B is a Great host. I really liked he and Samantha... happened to her?

OMG... Chaz is safe... whose going home???

I love Tom B as a host! He
    I love Tom B as a host! He is so quick witted! I am surprised that Kristin didn't get the votes to keep her. She was one of the best dancers.
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    TraciInLA said:

Traci

Traci, you are a riot! You
    Traci, you are a riot! You always make me smile!

Sue :)
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    TraciInLA said:

Junkie here, too!

Traci

I like Ricki, JR and Chynna!
    I like Ricki, JR and Chynna! I think they are the best in dancing.

And, I join in..Chaz must GO!!!