Swelling at night

BMS
BMS Member Posts: 127
edited October 2011 in Breast Cancer #1
So, after chemo, lumpectomy (with 11 nodes removed), and 33 rads, I had no sign of lymphedema. But now, at night only, my hands and feet seem to swell. My hands get tight and painful, but if I flex them for a bit, the pain goes away. Anyone else experience this or anything like it?

Bonnie

Comments

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    I do not have any experience
    I do not have any experience but just wanted you to know thinking of you ...I am sure someone here will have some input..

Denise
  • Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Talk to you Dr.
    Talk to your DR ASAP. There are many possibilities that need to be addressed. Both hands and both feet swelling would not probaly have anything to do with lumpectomy/node removal.
  • grams2jc
    grams2jc Member Posts: 756
    Tamoxifen?
    Are you taking Tamox? Maybe that has something to do with it? But I do agree that you should check with the doc.

Good luck, will be thinking of you,

Jennifer
  • Dawne.Hope
    Dawne.Hope Member Posts: 823
    check with your doctor!
    Bonnie,

If it were just swelling in your hands, I would think Lymphedema. But with the swelling in your feet too, you totally need to check with your doctor.

I have bi-lateral lymphedema and it started in my fingers and I swell at night too. But with the feet ... please check with your doctor!

Here is a site that has helped me more with LE than anything else that I've found. The swelling in your feet, though ... please call your doc! xo

http://www.stepup-speakout.org/What_ is _Lymphedema.htm