John Looking Better & Better

John is looking and feeling better. The incision site has stopped draining and the site is closing up and healing , looks like infection is gone! The ankle swelling is gone also. I believe it was from tube feedings ( not sure why but…)
I slowed down the tube feeding Thursday night and stopped the tube feeding Friday morning. The home health nurse came to house on Friday and the swelling was resolving and the nurse did not seem concerned. All of John’s vital signs were good. I guess because he is now eating and drinking the tube feedings might have been too much fluid. I suggested that he have just one can (8ozs) per day just to get a few more calories in but he does not think he needs it. John has an appointment with the surgeon on Wednesday so we will see how his weight is compared with pre-surgery. He went back to gym again and is just walking (slow) on treadmill, & a chance to catch up with his buddies at the gym ( to me that is probably the best part for him). As for myself I took your advice and went out after work yesterday with a friend we went to happy hour $3.00 a glass Sangria and $3.00 tapas. It is a very nice Tapas restaurant that can be very expensive but the happy hour menus is VERY reasonable. I spent a couple hours with my friend and really enjoyed myself. I am still very tired (I need to catch up on sleep) but I do feel better today. WOW this has been a journey definitely a marathon (not a sprint). I am hopping we are on the down hill part of the journey at least for a couple days. Wednesday we find out the path report & next steps but for now it is a good day in Tampa Bay. O and the humidity went away and we have perfect weather. This morning it was 70 degrees and low humidity. This is when you want to be in Florida High’s n the mid 80’s lows in the mid 60’s. Now that I have done my job for the Clearwater/St Pete Beach tourism board I will sign off.
Thanks again for all of the support
Love you all
Erica
Wife of John
T3,N1,M0
MIE surgery 9-9-11

Comments

• LeeinLondon
    LeeinLondon Member Posts: 103
    Hi Erica;
    How wonderful to hear that John is on the mend after a stressful week! Of course, you're a big part of his healing, but you must always find time for happy hour, no matter what :).. I'm delighted when Chantal finds time for herself.

best,

Lee
  • Ericalynn
    Ericalynn Member Posts: 200

Hi Erica;
    How wonderful to hear that John is on the mend after a stressful week! Of course, you're a big part of his healing, but you must always find time for happy hour, no matter what :).. I'm delighted when Chantal finds time for herself.

best,

Lee

Thanks Lee
    Lee,
    Thank you for the encouraging words. It is because of you, Eric & Joel that I went to Happy Hour! John is not the best communicator and even after so many years together (33) I still read him the wrong way sometimes. So I just figured that he is feeling the way you guys are but can't tell me ( so I went to H.H.) LOL, and all is still fine with the world. Hope you are having a good day today. You & Chantal are in my thoughts (sending good ones your way).
    I am off to take my Mom to a Surprise Birthday Party (on Clearwater Beach) for a friend of ours. John is opting out (but that is OK). He wants to go out to dinner tonight so that is a good thing!
    Love Erica
  • LeeinLondon
    LeeinLondon Member Posts: 103
    Ericalynn said:

Thanks Lee
    Lee,
    Thank you for the encouraging words. It is because of you, Eric & Joel that I went to Happy Hour! John is not the best communicator and even after so many years together (33) I still read him the wrong way sometimes. So I just figured that he is feeling the way you guys are but can't tell me ( so I went to H.H.) LOL, and all is still fine with the world. Hope you are having a good day today. You & Chantal are in my thoughts (sending good ones your way).
    I am off to take my Mom to a Surprise Birthday Party (on Clearwater Beach) for a friend of ours. John is opting out (but that is OK). He wants to go out to dinner tonight so that is a good thing!
    Love Erica

...and also remember
    .. that perhaps you may feel a little guilty leaving him alone but I'm sure he loves to see you out and about. Just bring back the occasional goodie for him too! ;)
  • AngieD
    AngieD Member Posts: 493

...and also remember
    .. that perhaps you may feel a little guilty leaving him alone but I'm sure he loves to see you out and about. Just bring back the occasional goodie for him too! ;)

Wonderful news
    What wonderful news, Erica! I've been following your and John's journey and am so glad you are both to the point where you can get out and about and enjoy life a bit. That's the point of all the chemo, radiation, and surgery that you've been through, right? It seems like a huge step and a great sign that he is going to the gym and connecting with buddies. And, good for you for taking some "me" time!
    I've been and continue to pray for you both.
    Angie
  • TerryV
    TerryV Member Posts: 887
    Ericalynn said:

Thanks Lee
    Lee,
    Love Erica

Nice - you got out twice!
    Erica,

So pleased to hear that you have been able to get away a couple of times. A birthday party on the beach sounds wonderful!

Keep the good attitude and be sure to step away when you need the time for yourself.

Glad John's improving! It's a day to day journey. I knew this, but some days it's just so durn difficult to remember.

Hugs & Love to you both!

Terry
  • Cora11
    Cora11 Member Posts: 173
    TerryV said:

Nice - you got out twice!
    Erica,

So pleased to hear that you have been able to get away a couple of times. A birthday party on the beach sounds wonderful!

Keep the good attitude and be sure to step away when you need the time for yourself.

Glad John's improving! It's a day to day journey. I knew this, but some days it's just so durn difficult to remember.

Hugs & Love to you both!

Terry

Yeah
    for you and John, Erica. So happy to hear this good news
    Cora