How to make yourself burp?

Hi gang;

Any tips on how to force a burp or hiccup? I do both all day long but they're painful as the air just bangs against my esophagus and doesn't go anywhere, perhaps 5% make it through. I'm on an anti-hiccup med which doesn't seem to do much..

any tips?

- Lee

Comments

• jim2011
    jim2011 Member Posts: 115
    Burping
    I have tried GasEx Strips and it worked pretty good. I dont know how good you can move around but while trying not to force it out lay down on your back with your upper body and head raised and while holding a pillow on your stomach try slowly rolling over and working the pillow around putting slight pressure on your stomach. Like I said, dont force it and go slowly and let it work out. Eventually laying on your side (you may already know which side works better). Relax the gas out slowly. No more carbonated beverages!
  • LeeinLondon
    LeeinLondon Member Posts: 103
    jim2011 said:

Burping
    I have tried GasEx Strips and it worked pretty good. I dont know how good you can move around but while trying not to force it out lay down on your back with your upper body and head raised and while holding a pillow on your stomach try slowly rolling over and working the pillow around putting slight pressure on your stomach. Like I said, dont force it and go slowly and let it work out. Eventually laying on your side (you may already know which side works better). Relax the gas out slowly. No more carbonated beverages!

gas-x strips
    thanks very much Jim I will give them a try! My kitchen counter is starting to look like a pharmacy.