Another Platelet Question

Options
Last month before my infusion day, my bllod work showed my platelets @ 115 , today they are @ 83, so the onco nurse doesn't think I'll have my 3rd infusion ( was supposed to be final all day infusion session) next monday. Has any one here experienced low platelet counts that slowed your treatments?

Thanks,

Linda

Comments

• ratface
    ratface Member Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Got sent home from school too
    Yep, My second infusion. They just told me to hit the bricks because my counts were low. Two days later they were back up and we infused. Quite common and normal. Give it a few days. Won't have any detrimental effects on the treatment. You are doing great!
  • Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Options
    Neulasta
    I had Neulasta to help with blood, though that might have just been WBC.

My lowest for platelets was 88, and they still did Cisplatin, Taxotere and 5FU that session.

JG
  • osmotar
    osmotar Member Posts: 1,006
    Options
    Skiffin16 said:

Neulasta
    I had Neulasta to help with blood, though that might have just been WBC.

My lowest for platelets was 88, and they still did Cisplatin, Taxotere and 5FU that session.

JG

Other Counts
    WBC RBC all above average, the Neulasta injections I get the following monday have kept the WBC up since my first infusion that sent me to the hospital for 2 1/2 days in august. Will wait to see what the onco says on monday, if I have to delay a week I guess thats what needs to be..it's that I was getting all jacked up about this being the last week I would have to wear that pesky 5FU pump.
  • osmotar
    osmotar Member Posts: 1,006
    Options
    ratface said:

Got sent home from school too
    Yep, My second infusion. They just told me to hit the bricks because my counts were low. Two days later they were back up and we infused. Quite common and normal. Give it a few days. Won't have any detrimental effects on the treatment. You are doing great!

You Know
    You know I think I am doing good, thru the chemo..have been very lucky, very little if any side effects. Went to my office for 2 days this week, every one said how good I looked, I'm a thinkin I must have looked pretty bad before or they were expecting me to really look bad because of the big C....
  • Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Options
    osmotar said:

Other Counts
    WBC RBC all above average, the Neulasta injections I get the following monday have kept the WBC up since my first infusion that sent me to the hospital for 2 1/2 days in august. Will wait to see what the onco says on monday, if I have to delay a week I guess thats what needs to be..it's that I was getting all jacked up about this being the last week I would have to wear that pesky 5FU pump.

Pump
    I was always ready to get rid of the pump also...