Am I "off base" - thoughts!

Rague
Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
AS most know there is very little, If anything, that pebbles say that bothers me with BC BUT there is one woman at one of the horse sites I go to that is.

Earlier today she wrote about being so upset that there was a lunch meeting with some who work where she does and she wasn't included. The 'meeting' was apparently about what was being done at the store as fund raiser for BC in Oct. Seems she's been making some jewelery to donate for sale. My comment to her was to think about where her priority's were - is she doing it to contribute to a BC place or to be the center of attention because she wants to feel good about herself?

She posted back that I had "Added insult to injury!".

No she is not a Survivor and as far as I know has no family member that is.

Oh one of the reasons that she thnks it was wrong of 'them' to exclude her is tht she always takes any overtime hours - but the people who are doing the organization are not owners/supervisors - just basically employes at the same level.

Thoughts please and questions if I didn't make sense.

Susan

Comments

• ladyg
    ladyg Member Posts: 1,577
    Susan
    I think ou hit the nail on the head when you asked why she was doing it. I think she is doing it for the recognition not because she wants to help out of the kindness of her heart.

Hugs,
    Georgia
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    ladyg said:

Susan
    I think ou hit the nail on the head when you asked why she was doing it. I think she is doing it for the recognition not because she wants to help out of the kindness of her heart.

Hugs,
    Georgia

Susan...
    You're not off base....there are just some people who have to make everything about themselves....and if she felt you added " insult to injury"...that's her problem! People who's hearts are in the right place don't do things for the recognition.....

I'd say...I wouldn't give her a second more, of thought....
    Hugs to you, Susan...
    Nancy
  • poplolly
    poplolly Member Posts: 346
    I agree. It sounds like she
    I agree. It sounds like she wants to be the center of attention. She must a very poor self-image. Brush her off and go on about your business. Those of us who have had/or has cancer don't have time to waste on "inflated egos">