OT-LOL Hitting the bottle

disneyfan2008
disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
I know all my life I have been the ODD man out..aka female-since I have never sipped, tasted or ever had any kind of alcohol in ever.

Anyone on this board in same boat as me? Just curious

Denise

MIND you I used to bartend in my YOUNGER years...long long ago

Comments

• jendrey
    jendrey Member Posts: 377
    Er, ahem...can't say that as I am! :P Good for you Denise! Um, maybe it's an odd irony that you used to bartend but never imbibed?!! =)
  • epark
    epark Member Posts: 339
    jendrey said:

Er, ahem...can't say that as I am! :P Good for you Denise! Um, maybe it's an odd irony that you used to bartend but never imbibed?!! =)

i wish i can say the same
    i wish i can say the same but i like my dirty martini and red wine too much.... however,
    since i've been in chemo treatment I dont drink because I have no taste bud. does that count ?

Eva
  • gagee
    gagee Member Posts: 332
    I enjoy a cold beer and a
    I enjoy a cold beer and a glass of wine. My husband has been sober over 35 years. He was a bartender (and waiter) his whole career. That had nothing to do with the drinking. He has a long family history of alcoholism. You aren't the odd man out just because you don't drink. Not everyone has to have a drink.
    Diana
  • mamolady
    mamolady Member Posts: 796 Member
    I have had alcohol, I don't
    I have had alcohol, I don't drink anymore. I was never really a drinker so I just stopped. Glad I did because I found out I have only one kidney so it was a good thing.

I am the only person I know that had no alcohol at their wedding though. My step sister's husband wouldn't attend because of that....... Didn't bother me in the least!
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    mamolady said:

I have had alcohol, I don't
    I have had alcohol, I don't drink anymore. I was never really a drinker so I just stopped. Glad I did because I found out I have only one kidney so it was a good thing.

I am the only person I know that had no alcohol at their wedding though. My step sister's husband wouldn't attend because of that....... Didn't bother me in the least!

Mamolady, I am just about
    Mamolady, I am just about with you. Every now and then (like Christmas), I break down and have a glass of wine, but I have pretty much quit. I usually get water with lime and noone seems to notice. I was never a big drinker as it makes me too sick, but I did enjoy a glass or two of wine. But it is not worth it to me and I honestly get the same high outside or gardening.
  • debi.18
    debi.18 Member Posts: 850 Member

Mamolady, I am just about
    Mamolady, I am just about with you. Every now and then (like Christmas), I break down and have a glass of wine, but I have pretty much quit. I usually get water with lime and noone seems to notice. I was never a big drinker as it makes me too sick, but I did enjoy a glass or two of wine. But it is not worth it to me and I honestly get the same high outside or gardening.

Not much
    Not much of a drinker, but I do like my girly drinks and a glass of red wine every now and then. I also get sick pretty easy so don't drink very often.
  • camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    I too enjoy a cold beer or margarita
    from time to time, but since being on chemo, can't even get a beer down! Never was much of a drinker but always enjoyed a good margarita!