Newly diagnosed but been there before with my 1st husband!

Penny67
Penny67 Member Posts: 65
It is so uplifting to find a place to talk to people who know what you are going through. I was diagnosed after a routine mammogram the end of July. I had surgery (double mastectomy) on August 11. My invasive ductal carcinoma was Stage 2 (2 nosed involved) Grade 1, ER/PR+. The initial diagnosis caught me completely offguard to say the least. Just hearing the words "cancer" was enough to make me choke. I had been down this road 10 years ago with the first husband and was left a widow with 3 small children. I never imagined that I would be putting my children through this again. I am having a very hard time putting what I went through with him out of my mind (treatment, outcome, etc.)and focussing on the positive. I was told that I have a good prognosis. Then I met with the oncologist and he ordered an MRI of my liver because I had had a ct and bone scan in early August and the ct scan showed 2 cysts in my liver. I really hadn't thought or worried tto much about the cysts until he ordered this MRI "because the radiologist couldn't see them clearly on the CT so he couldn't be 100% sure they were cysts." Now all I have been able to think about is if they aren't cysts, then they are cancer and that just sent me from Stage 2 to Stage 4 instantly. My MRI is tonight and I'm sure I won't know anything until maybe tomorrow so once again I wait and worry. I am having a port put in next Tuesday followed by chemo (Taxol/Cytoxan once every 3 weeks for 4 sessions). Am just trying to come to grips with one thing at a time and it seems that new little things keep creeping in sending me back to my negative thinking. I guess I just need lots of prayers that they are just cysts and then I can focus on dealing with the chemo and recovery. My emotions are definitely a rollercoaster and sometimes I wonder how I could have been so strong for my husband's cancer and now am falling apart over mine!

Comments

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    so sorry...to hear..

so sorry...to hear..
  • camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    Penny
    So sorry that you are going through this. Waiting is one of the hardest things, followed by the diagnosis. I am glad you are on this site. There is so much support, prayers and love that come from this site, and more good news than bad news.

Keep us posted on your results, and remember you are not there alone, we are there with you giving you strength, love and prayers for a positive outcome.

~Carol
  • skipper54
    skipper54 Member Posts: 936 Member
    camul said:

Penny
    So sorry that you are going through this. Waiting is one of the hardest things, followed by the diagnosis. I am glad you are on this site. There is so much support, prayers and love that come from this site, and more good news than bad news.

Keep us posted on your results, and remember you are not there alone, we are there with you giving you strength, love and prayers for a positive outcome.

~Carol

So sorry to hear that you're going through this!
    Everyone here is very supportive and you can ask anything, and I mean anything.

Waiting is always hard but it's good that your doc wants to make sure what's going on. We're here for you! There's almost always someone online any time of the day or night. Sending prayers for a good MRI result.
  • debi.18
    debi.18 Member Posts: 850 Member
    skipper54 said:

So sorry to hear that you're going through this!
    Everyone here is very supportive and you can ask anything, and I mean anything.

Waiting is always hard but it's good that your doc wants to make sure what's going on. We're here for you! There's almost always someone online any time of the day or night. Sending prayers for a good MRI result.

So sorry!
    So sorry you have to deal with all of this. Especially after what you went through with your husband. You and your family are in my prayers. You've found the best support possible with the ladies on this board. We care!!

Hugs, Prayers and positive thought!
    Debi
  • epark
    epark Member Posts: 339

so sorry...to hear..

so sorry...to hear..

Penny
    I'm sorry to hear about your husband and now you and your kids have to go through this ordeal again. Just wanted you to know that these women on this board are wonderful and has helped me with this journey and we will be there to help you with yours. With that said, try not to worry too much. I was told the same thing with a mass behind my left nipple that they found when they did the MRI. He felt it was scar tissue however, my doctor said "I want to be "100% sure I don’t like to take any shortcuts" and it did turned out to be scar tissue. These doctors have a pretty good idea what it is when they see something they just like to rule everything out which is a good thing.

You are in my thoughts and prayers...
    Eva
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    debi.18 said:

So sorry!
    So sorry you have to deal with all of this. Especially after what you went through with your husband. You and your family are in my prayers. You've found the best support possible with the ladies on this board. We care!!

Hugs, Prayers and positive thought!
    Debi

Penny--so sorry to hear your story
    We are definitely here for you. I'm sending positive energy your way to get the perfect results from your MRI/scans. Please keep us informed. This board has been a wealth of information for me as well as hundreds of kind, compassionate shoulders to cry on.

I am so sorry also to hear about your husband having cancer and losing his battle. Just remember, though, that is not you. You are a totally different person, you will get your treatments and you will move back to your life--even though it may be a different life than you had before.

Stay strong.

Hugs, Renee
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613
    Oh yes, that awful
    roller coaster ride. It's so exhausting!

I'm so sorry you had to deal with this with your late husband and now again. My heart and prayers are going out to you and you're family. We're going to believe that they are harmless cysts. Pleas keep us posted!

We're here for you.

Hugs,

Sylvia
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    sea60 said:

Oh yes, that awful
    roller coaster ride. It's so exhausting!

I'm so sorry you had to deal with this with your late husband and now again. My heart and prayers are going out to you and you're family. We're going to believe that they are harmless cysts. Pleas keep us posted!

We're here for you.

Hugs,

Sylvia

you would think you would be
    you would think you would be exempt for goodness sake. Many times we have liitle spots that are just bumps hopefully this will be the case with you.
  • laughs_a_lot
    laughs_a_lot Member Posts: 1,368 Member
    Me too
    Yes I vote for exemption as well. Will put you on the prayer list.
  • butterflylvr
    butterflylvr Member Posts: 944

Me too
    Yes I vote for exemption as well. Will put you on the prayer list.

Penny,
    Keep a positive attitude sweetie.. it really helps. Be a fighter for yourself and your kids. Those cysts or tumors could be benign, but that darn waiting game is so tough. We are all here for you with answers to your questions, tissues to wipe your eyes and ears to listen when you just need to scream and vent. Oh and we give the best cyber hugs anywhere...

Let us know your results so we can lace up our pink gloves for you dear sister...

Hugs,
    Lorrie