Chest itches from radiation

Options
buckeye2
buckeye2 Member Posts: 428 Member
I just finished radiation #14 and my chest itches horribly. It feels best with no shirt touching it but they frown at the no shirt option in the school where I work? Any suggestions? Lisa

Comments

• Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    I had to go look up the
    I had to go look up the prescription cream that I got from my rads oncologist. It is TRIAMCINOLONE ACETONIDE CREAM usp. 0.1%. I got what they call rads rash and this worked right away. Ask your own rads oncologist about it. It worked though for me.

Good luck and let me know how you do.

Sue :)
  • buckeye2
    Options
    Ritzy said:

I had to go look up the
    I had to go look up the prescription cream that I got from my rads oncologist. It is TRIAMCINOLONE ACETONIDE CREAM usp. 0.1%. I got what they call rads rash and this worked right away. Ask your own rads oncologist about it. It worked though for me.

Good luck and let me know how you do.

Sue :)

Thank you. I meet with her
    Thank you. I meet with her today and will ask. Lisa
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    Options
    Lisa, I had a rads rash
    Lisa, I had a rads rash also. I was given an ointment that contained lidocaine. Within a couple days the rash was gone, but I occasionally continued with the ointment as I got more and more red. I hope your rads onc has a solution that works for you.

Hugs,

Linda
  • butterflylvr
    butterflylvr Member Posts: 944
    Options

Lisa, I had a rads rash
    Lisa, I had a rads rash also. I was given an ointment that contained lidocaine. Within a couple days the rash was gone, but I occasionally continued with the ointment as I got more and more red. I hope your rads onc has a solution that works for you.

Hugs,

Linda

Thankfully...
    Lisa I didn't have this issue during my rad's treatments. But it looks like you got some great advice on what to do. When in doubt with anything... always ask your RO. Good luck with your remaining treatments. That time really does go fast..

Hugs,
    Lorrie
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    I did not have this
    I did not have this issue...but how about silk cami?
  • skipper54
    skipper54 Member Posts: 936 Member
    Options

I did not have this
    I did not have this issue...but how about silk cami?

had it too
    and the RO gave me hydocortisone cream. Turns out I was alergic to that or something because it got itchier and redder. SOOOOOO, they changed me to another cream and that helped. They know what's out there, just ask, and keep asking until you find the right thing for YOU.
  • buckeye2
    Options
    I appreciate the suggestions
    I appreciate the suggestions and words of support. Thank you. Lisa
  • mamolady
    mamolady Member Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    A side from the cream, (my
    A side from the cream, (my RO suggested hydro cortisone) try wearing loose cotton. I lived in my scrub tops. When I was home I covered the front windows and did go top less. It is only for a few weeks!
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    buckeye2 said:

Thank you. I meet with her
    Thank you. I meet with her today and will ask. Lisa

I didn't have the rash, but,
    I didn't have the rash, but, I hope your doctor can help you. I'll be watching for an update.

Hugs, Jan