Saw my surgeon today

cahjah75
cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
and he told me he removed all that he could from my angel wings. He said I'm healing well and I see him again in December.
Char

Comments

• MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Yeah!
    Am very glad it's over for you...hope you are resting well and wishing you a speedy recovery.....
    Hugs, Nancy
  • mollieb
    mollieb Member Posts: 148
    Plastic Surgeon?
    Is your surgeon a plastic surgeon? Maybe he has done all he can, but I don't think he has done all that anyone can do. I have giant "angel wings" (my surgeon calls them "rooster tails," and, believe me, they are going to be gone if I have to camp out in the hospital! When you see the magic that plastic surgeons do on really serious deformities, you have to believe they can take care of this. Anyone else have experience with this? Good luck!
  • cahjah75
    cahjah75 Member Posts: 2,631
    mollieb said:

Plastic Surgeon?
    Is your surgeon a plastic surgeon? Maybe he has done all he can, but I don't think he has done all that anyone can do. I have giant "angel wings" (my surgeon calls them "rooster tails," and, believe me, they are going to be gone if I have to camp out in the hospital! When you see the magic that plastic surgeons do on really serious deformities, you have to believe they can take care of this. Anyone else have experience with this? Good luck!

Mollie
    it was my breast cancer surgeon I saw. I had bilateral mastectomy in June 2010. "Angel wings" were noticeable under solid colored tees. They are smaller but not gone. I can live with them.
    Char
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Great news...
    Denise

Great news...

Denise
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member

Great news...
    Denise

Great news...

Denise

Char, it's all about you!
    If you're comfortable with the result--that's all that matters. I'm so glad you're healing and this part of the journey is almost complete. Hoping you can get some well-needed rest and relaxation. Have a great weekend.

Hugs, Renee
  • butterflylvr
    butterflylvr Member Posts: 944
    missrenee said:

Char, it's all about you!
    If you're comfortable with the result--that's all that matters. I'm so glad you're healing and this part of the journey is almost complete. Hoping you can get some well-needed rest and relaxation. Have a great weekend.

Hugs, Renee

Char,
    November 3rd, I have my implant exchange surgery with my PS. It will be at this time that he will be nip tucking things I don't like. I have angel wings as well and he said he would do all he can, but in some cases it can leave scars that run clear across to the back. Such is the trouble when you are overweight and all that tissue is removed. I know he will do the best he can for me with minimal scarring.

I am sure a Plastic surgeon could do more for you but how many more scars do you want? I agree with Renee, you will be your best advocate on if you are ready to stop and be happy with today's results.

Hugs,
    Lorrie
  • mollieb
    mollieb Member Posts: 148
    cahjah75 said:

Mollie
    it was my breast cancer surgeon I saw. I had bilateral mastectomy in June 2010. "Angel wings" were noticeable under solid colored tees. They are smaller but not gone. I can live with them.
    Char

Of course it's completely up to you
    I thought you sounded disappointed. If you are happy, that's all that matters.
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294

Char,
    November 3rd, I have my implant exchange surgery with my PS. It will be at this time that he will be nip tucking things I don't like. I have angel wings as well and he said he would do all he can, but in some cases it can leave scars that run clear across to the back. Such is the trouble when you are overweight and all that tissue is removed. I know he will do the best he can for me with minimal scarring.

I am sure a Plastic surgeon could do more for you but how many more scars do you want? I agree with Renee, you will be your best advocate on if you are ready to stop and be happy with today's results.

Hugs,
    Lorrie

Char Congratulations!!
    Final step has been accomplished.
    Wishing you speedy recovery and easy healing.
    Hugs