Lumpectomy scarring

disgur
disgur Member Posts: 17
I had a lumpectomy in March of 2011 and my scar is still very large and very red. Is this normal? How long does a scar take to heal?

- Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Comments

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    I am 3 1/2 yrs post surgery
    I am 3 1/2 yrs post surgery and you can't even see my scars unless you really LOOK!> even Drs have to take second look.

I can't remember how long to not have the thick skin scar. I do remember under my arm from nodes took long time ..I thought it would never go down!

I wish I could be more help
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    I don't know if there is a
    I don't know if there is a set time disgur for a scar to heal. I think so much of it depends on just how your own body heals and how the surgery went. Have you spoken to your surgeon about this? Maybe he can recommend something to apply to it to make it better quicker. It really hasn't been that long for you since your lumpectomy.

Good luck and keep us informed on how you are doing.

Hugs, Leeza
  • cinnamonsmile
    cinnamonsmile Member Posts: 1,187 Member
    I used a vitamin e creme on
    I used a vitamin e creme on my mastectomy scars as soon as the surgeon told me to (I bought mine at Wal-mart). I also used some strips to lessen the scar tissue redness. They are called Cimeosil gel sheeting strips. You don't need a prescription but my surgeon recommended it. My scars are very pale now, and its been 8 months since my mastectomy.
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member

I used a vitamin e creme on
    I used a vitamin e creme on my mastectomy scars as soon as the surgeon told me to (I bought mine at Wal-mart). I also used some strips to lessen the scar tissue redness. They are called Cimeosil gel sheeting strips. You don't need a prescription but my surgeon recommended it. My scars are very pale now, and its been 8 months since my mastectomy.

I think you can be something
    I think you can be something at the drug store, but, I can't remember the name. Ask the pharmacist. You don't need a prescription, but, it is suppose to lessen any scar. It is expensive though. A friend of mine bought some.

Hugs, Diane