pain meds

jphilpo
jphilpo Member Posts: 177
Thanks for all your responses to my pain med questions. My onc. asked me to try tramadol, which I did for the past 2 nights. So far so good. His script called for 2 at bedtime, but I could only handle 1. Has anyone else had luck with this? I am always worried about side effects.

Thanks

Comments

• Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    I don't know anything about
    I don't know anything about tramadol jphilipo, but, I am hoping that it will help you with your pain. Keep us updated as to how you do.

Hugs, Angie
  • cinnamonsmile
    cinnamonsmile Member Posts: 1,187 Member
    I take 50 mg of tramadol one
    I take 50 mg of tramadol one to three times a day for my nerve damage pain. Last spring I took vicadin and the tramadol seemed to do very little for the pain. This summer I started taking tramadol again and it seems to working better. I talked to the pain clinic nurse about it, and she said she hears that from a lot of patients. I don't seem to have any side effects from taking it. I don't even think it makes me tired, but I feel tired a lot anyway. I have been taking it regularly since June of this year.
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member

I take 50 mg of tramadol one
    I take 50 mg of tramadol one to three times a day for my nerve damage pain. Last spring I took vicadin and the tramadol seemed to do very little for the pain. This summer I started taking tramadol again and it seems to working better. I talked to the pain clinic nurse about it, and she said she hears that from a lot of patients. I don't seem to have any side effects from taking it. I don't even think it makes me tired, but I feel tired a lot anyway. I have been taking it regularly since June of this year.

I am hoping that it will
    I am hoping that it will work for you and that you won't have any side effects.

Sue :)