Chen, how are you feeling?

CypressCynthia
CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
Did you get your final loading dose? I know that you told me, but I'm gonna plead chemo brain. I go tomorrow for my final loading dose, then on to monthly shots.

How are your lungs doing? Are you breathing any easier?

I got off track with watching Buffy. We are somehere in Season 3. Katherine is so happy that I am finally watching it. I am glad that you spurred me on!

Sending lots of love and (((hugs))) and healing energy. Keep us posted.

Comments

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    ChenHeart .. I am also thinking and praying for
    you. I know from a recent posting that you detest 'Football' and are happy to stay on the stack of books calling out your name. I also recall that you are limited with regards to walking due to you continuing fluid built up in your lungs. Hope that you new shot combo is performing magically results for you == or at least, shrinking those pesky damn met spots.

Whenever I see a hummingbird, I think about you and smile. I have so much hope for your recovery from this latest health issues. You are a true Kindred Spirit, who continues to radiate your 'love', commitment, honor, and strength to all of us here on our site.

Prayers and positive energy coming your way, dear Chen.

Vicki Sam
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    I DID get my final loading
    I DID get my final loading dose~ this one left me with not just the swelling, but also bruises and a quarter sized water blister at the injection site! Remember the old movie Joe Vs The Volcano? At the end of the movie, Meg Ryan's character says to Tom Hanks' character: "It's always going to be something with you, isn't it?" That's me! LOL So, I start the monthly schedule on the 26th~ YAY!

Something so incredible happened yesterday!!! I think you recall that once a year I go with Reggie as he makes his annual Tribal ocean voyage with his fellow traditional paddlers. I always camp starting Thursday, and on Saturday afternoon Reggie and the paddlers arrive on their ancestral home island. There are usually about 200 of us waiting~ we have such a wonderful reunion, and it is a powerful, emotional, spiritual ceremony.
    This year, for the FIRST time in over 150 years, two tomols ( Chumash word for plank canoe)
    made the journey together!
    They leave the harbor at 3AM and paddle through the dark waters, and Reggie says this is the most spiritual part of the entire 10 hour journey through the ocean. This year was the first year I did NOT camp~ and it broke my heart not to be able to. But, my lungs in particular, and my health in general just wouldn't allow it. There is however, a park services day boat which goes to the Island, and Siobhan and I booked seats for the day of the crossing. The morning started out beautifully~ I had a hotel room close to the harbor and Reggie and the other captains paddled up the channel to my balcony so I could see them depart for the open waters which was in the opposite direction. Native American singers were at the waterfront singing beautiful songs...I could hear them from my vantage point.
    We caught up with the paddlers when they were 6 hours into the paddle...the park services boat left at 9AM and we came up to them at 9:30...the canoes are 24 and 31 feet respectively, with 12 foot paddles. The held the paddles in the air as an honor salute to us ...and we sang to them from the front of the boat! I was so proud of my Reggie! We arrived on the island at 10~ and the canoes got there about 12:30.
    The walk from the dock to the campgrounds is almost 1/2 mile one way~ and that's where my friends were...so I had to walk to find them. OMG~ being as most know I am not so healthy, and especially as I wasn't there on Thursday, it was assumed I wsn't able to make it this year. Evidently, people were really saddened by that assumption. When I walked into the campground with Siobhan~ you would have thought I was a rock star! People started crying and holding me and touching me and crying some more! It was incredible!! Some have been keeping up with me on Facebook and LOVE the Kindred Spirits and the online relationship we have!!! One of the women went so far as to say that I am a blessing to the world~ Ok, that was a bit over the top, but wow! I had the best day re-connecting with my friends!
    When Reggie and the paddlers came ashore, we all entered the fire/prayer circle. We were all blessed with the smoke of sage, and then the 5 tomol captains addressed us all~ and OMG~ Reggie, after saying what an honor it was to pull water with these amazing paddlers, started crying and said he was there to honor his wife because he loves her! Again...WHAT????
    Ok, as awesome as all of that was ( and it was, believe me!!!) for me the BEST part of the day was that I walked back and forth so many times that I know that I walked OVER 4 miles yesterday! Lungs and all!!!!! It was as if I was embued with the love an energy of my friends on the island...before we left for home, I took tobacco which is always there as part of the blessings, said a prayer of thanksgiving and special well-wishes for all of the Kindred Spirits, tossed the tobacco into the fire, and made my way to the boat.

We made it a day trip only~we got home at 7PM...and the grandbaby came to spend the night at 7:30!!! When we pack things into a day, we don't mess around! LOL

So, CC~ are you sorry yet that you asked me how I am???? hahahahahahaha!!! I am sooo not going to go back and check my typing/spelling errors! Hope you can forive me! :-)

LOve you!
    Chen
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    chenheart said:

I DID get my final loading dose~ this one left me with not just the swelling, but also bruises and a quarter sized water blister at the injection site! Remember the old movie Joe Vs The Volcano? At the end of the movie, Meg Ryan's character says to Tom Hanks' character: "It's always going to be something with you, isn't it?" That's me! LOL So, I start the monthly schedule on the 26th~ YAY!

Something so incredible happened yesterday!!! I think you recall that once a year I go with Reggie as he makes his annual Tribal ocean voyage with his fellow traditional paddlers. I always camp starting Thursday, and on Saturday afternoon Reggie and the paddlers arrive on their ancestral home island. There are usually about 200 of us waiting~ we have such a wonderful reunion, and it is a powerful, emotional, spiritual ceremony.
    This year, for the FIRST time in over 150 years, two tomols ( Chumash word for plank canoe)
    They leave the harbor at 3AM and paddle through the dark waters, and Reggie says this is the most spiritual part of the entire 10 hour journey through the ocean. This year was the first year I did NOT camp~ and it broke my heart not to be able to. But, my lungs in particular, and my health in general just wouldn't allow it. There is however, a park services day boat which goes to the Island, and Siobhan and I booked seats for the day of the crossing. The morning started out beautifully~ I had a hotel room close to the harbor and Reggie and the other captains paddled up the channel to my balcony so I could see them depart for the open waters which was in the opposite direction. Native American singers were at the waterfront singing beautiful songs...I could hear them from my vantage point.
    We caught up with the paddlers when they were 6 hours into the paddle...the park services boat left at 9AM and we came up to them at 9:30...the canoes are 24 and 31 feet respectively, with 12 foot paddles. The held the paddles in the air as an honor salute to us ...and we sang to them from the front of the boat! I was so proud of my Reggie! We arrived on the island at 10~ and the canoes got there about 12:30.
    The walk from the dock to the campgrounds is almost 1/2 mile one way~ and that's where my friends were...so I had to walk to find them. OMG~ being as most know I am not so healthy, and especially as I wasn't there on Thursday, it was assumed I wsn't able to make it this year. Evidently, people were really saddened by that assumption. When I walked into the campground with Siobhan~ you would have thought I was a rock star! People started crying and holding me and touching me and crying some more! It was incredible!! Some have been keeping up with me on Facebook and LOVE the Kindred Spirits and the online relationship we have!!! One of the women went so far as to say that I am a blessing to the world~ Ok, that was a bit over the top, but wow! I had the best day re-connecting with my friends!
    When Reggie and the paddlers came ashore, we all entered the fire/prayer circle. We were all blessed with the smoke of sage, and then the 5 tomol captains addressed us all~ and OMG~ Reggie, after saying what an honor it was to pull water with these amazing paddlers, started crying and said he was there to honor his wife because he loves her! Again...WHAT????
    Ok, as awesome as all of that was ( and it was, believe me!!!) for me the BEST part of the day was that I walked back and forth so many times that I know that I walked OVER 4 miles yesterday! Lungs and all!!!!! It was as if I was embued with the love an energy of my friends on the island...before we left for home, I took tobacco which is always there as part of the blessings, said a prayer of thanksgiving and special well-wishes for all of the Kindred Spirits, tossed the tobacco into the fire, and made my way to the boat.

We made it a day trip only~we got home at 7PM...and the grandbaby came to spend the night at 7:30!!! When we pack things into a day, we don't mess around! LOL

So, CC~ are you sorry yet that you asked me how I am???? hahahahahahaha!!! I am sooo not going to go back and check my typing/spelling errors! Hope you can forive me! :-)

LOve you!
    Chen

Wow, I love your post!!
    Wow, I love your post!! Thank you for describing the day and it certainly was awesome!! Little did I know that while I was making the video you were heading out to meet Reggie....just how did you line up the stars like that, lol!! Oh and you ARE a blessing to the world!
    hugs
    jan
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member

Wow, I love your post!!
    Wow, I love your post!! Thank you for describing the day and it certainly was awesome!! Little did I know that while I was making the video you were heading out to meet Reggie....just how did you line up the stars like that, lol!! Oh and you ARE a blessing to the world!
    hugs
    jan

wow Chen so discriptive I
    wow Chen so discriptive I felt as though I was there. so glad you got encirced with love as you deserve. I am sure it was so healing. Praying the drugs do their job and you are back to your walks and can camp next year. (although my idea of camping is a hotel) well or an RV LOL
    P.s I spent the last two weeks watching all the Dexter DVD's really kind a creepy even though he kills bad guys. i am officially creeped out until it premiers in Oct.
  • CypressCynthia
    CypressCynthia Member Posts: 4,014 Member
    chenheart said:

LOve you!
    Chen

You ARE a blessing to the
    You ARE a blessing to the world and I am grinning ear to ear just thinking of your day. I am so happy for you!! What an amazing life you have! So glad that you made it and I am praying that your therapy will work wonders--maybe it already is? The sore butt will then be worth it!
  • chenheart
    VickiSam said:

ChenHeart .. I am also thinking and praying for
    you. I know from a recent posting that you detest 'Football' and are happy to stay on the stack of books calling out your name. I also recall that you are limited with regards to walking due to you continuing fluid built up in your lungs. Hope that you new shot combo is performing magically results for you == or at least, shrinking those pesky damn met spots.

Whenever I see a hummingbird, I think about you and smile. I have so much hope for your recovery from this latest health issues. You are a true Kindred Spirit, who continues to radiate your 'love', commitment, honor, and strength to all of us here on our site.

Prayers and positive energy coming your way, dear Chen.

Vicki Sam

VickiSam!Friday morning, as
    VickiSam!
    Friday morning, as I was standing outside, a hummingbird flew within 2 feet of me~ drank from one of my flowers, and flew away! Reggie thanked the hummingbird for gracing us....
    Book group is on Friday, so I am busy reading this month's selection.
    How is your hubby doing? I believe someone asked about your husband and Stef's~ but I don't recall if you responded or not! I hope you are all doing well...I think about you so often and thank you for all of the loving encouragement you continue to shower on the Kindreds.

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • sea60
    sea60 Member Posts: 2,613

You ARE a blessing to the
    You ARE a blessing to the world and I am grinning ear to ear just thinking of your day. I am so happy for you!! What an amazing life you have! So glad that you made it and I am praying that your therapy will work wonders--maybe it already is? The sore butt will then be worth it!

Wow!
    I so enjoyed reading all about your amazing day!!!

Hugs to you,

Sylvia
  • Gabe N Abby Mom
    Gabe N Abby Mom Member Posts: 2,413
    chenheart said:

LOve you!
    Chen

Those loading doses sound
    Those loading doses sound horrible. Will the monthly doses be any easier on you? Or just easier because they are only once a month?

Thank you for sharing so many details of your day...you are indeed a blessing to the world. And I am glad CC asked.

Hugs,

Linda
  • chenheart

Those loading doses sound
    Those loading doses sound horrible. Will the monthly doses be any easier on you? Or just easier because they are only once a month?

Thank you for sharing so many details of your day...you are indeed a blessing to the world. And I am glad CC asked.

Hugs,

Linda

No, sadly, the injections
    No, sadly, the injections probably won't ever be any easier ...the med is so thick ( think maple syrup) and at 500 mg in each "cheek", with a good 40 seconds to depress the syringe, well, it's an owie situation! I think, but am not sure that the mgs won't stay at 500,I believe they go down to to 250. If it keeps the beast at bay, and those are the only SE's, I think I can take it!

Reggie is so amused by me being a "Blessing to the world" that he is teasing me by not knowing if he should call me Dalai Lama or Gandhi! LOL LOL

I hope the good energy stays with me a bit~ I have been honored to have a team named after me for our local Making Strides, and I hope to be able to walk the 5K! Wouldn't that be amazing?? Of course the team is called Kindred Spirits~ what else would it be?! :-)

My ♥ is with YOU, Linda~ sending you all good wishes, hopes and a positive outcome for your upcoming surgery. ((((((hugs)))))

Hugs,
    Chen

PS~ I have to tell Suzanne that I wore the beautiful sweatshirt on the Island all day~ and that I made EVERYONE read the inscription!! The reaction was fantastic!!!
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    chenheart said:

No, sadly, the injections
    No, sadly, the injections probably won't ever be any easier ...the med is so thick ( think maple syrup) and at 500 mg in each "cheek", with a good 40 seconds to depress the syringe, well, it's an owie situation! I think, but am not sure that the mgs won't stay at 500,I believe they go down to to 250. If it keeps the beast at bay, and those are the only SE's, I think I can take it!

Reggie is so amused by me being a "Blessing to the world" that he is teasing me by not knowing if he should call me Dalai Lama or Gandhi! LOL LOL

I hope the good energy stays with me a bit~ I have been honored to have a team named after me for our local Making Strides, and I hope to be able to walk the 5K! Wouldn't that be amazing?? Of course the team is called Kindred Spirits~ what else would it be?! :-)

My ♥ is with YOU, Linda~ sending you all good wishes, hopes and a positive outcome for your upcoming surgery. ((((((hugs)))))

Hugs,
    Chen

PS~ I have to tell Suzanne that I wore the beautiful sweatshirt on the Island all day~ and that I made EVERYONE read the inscription!! The reaction was fantastic!!!

Chen,
    I am so glad that you

Chen,
    I am so glad that you were able to do this again this year. And you should be treated like a star because I think you are one of best and brightest stars. Hoping that these shots do their job.
    Glad you posted.
    stef
  • Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    fauxma said:

Chen,
    I am so glad that you

Chen,
    I am so glad that you were able to do this again this year. And you should be treated like a star because I think you are one of best and brightest stars. Hoping that these shots do their job.
    Glad you posted.
    stef

Yeah Chen!
    You sound wonderful in spite of your stupid treatments. Stupid cancer! I'm amazed at the strength I "hear" in your message. It wasn't apparent not too long ago.

So happy you wore the sweatshirt.

Sending you hugs and prayers as you continue.

Suzanne
  • butterflylvr
    butterflylvr Member Posts: 944

Yeah Chen!
    You sound wonderful in spite of your stupid treatments. Stupid cancer! I'm amazed at the strength I "hear" in your message. It wasn't apparent not too long ago.

So happy you wore the sweatshirt.

Sending you hugs and prayers as you continue.

Suzanne

Catching up here after being
    Catching up here after being gone for a few days. All I can say is Wow Chen, what an amazing story. I must tell you it brought tears to my eyes. Good ones.... you are truly loved and that is wonderful to see.

Hugs my friend,
    Lorrie