New Season - New Plan

Pam5
Pam5 Member Posts: 232
Hi Everybody,

After a ten-day nightmare with my lungs, I asked for an appointment with my oncologist. I asked him some questions about the drugs I've been taking, told him what I had read about cytoxan and Nulasta, and let him know how badly my breathing has been. He listened to my lungs, and decided that I needed a break from chemo. He put me on Anastrozole every day with the hope that it will shrink the tumor as chemo was doing. He said it may take a little longer and we have to monitor it to make sure it's doing positive things. That's fine with me. I will have the good fortune of thinking I'm in menopause again - hot flashes, mood swings, etc. God bless Andie who has to be around me all the time. That being said, those symptoms seem really minor compared to what I've been dealing with in my lungs. I talked to my lung doc and he upped my steroids for a little while to get me past this. Seems like a plan to me. I feel a little better today compared to where I've been - a little more breath. Thank you all again for your love and support.

Hugs'n Hugs

Pam

Comments

• jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Praying for you Pam
    The new plan sounds better for you Pam and for that I am very thankful. I am so sorry for what you have been going thru. Andie has kept us informed, and, I thank her for that.

Happy that today you feel better and pray you feel even better every day.

Hugs and love,

Leeza
  • gami43
    gami43 Member Posts: 281
    jnl said:

Praying for you Pam
    The new plan sounds better for you Pam and for that I am very thankful. I am so sorry for what you have been going thru. Andie has kept us informed, and, I thank her for that.

Happy that today you feel better and pray you feel even better every day.

Hugs and love,

Leeza

Pam - so glad you see a
    Pam - so glad you see a little improvement in your
    breathing today and hope it gets better each day.
    Hoping also this break will give you a chance to recoup
    and get stronger. Sending you lots of positive thoughts
    and hugs.

Luv, Teresa
  • missrenee
    missrenee Member Posts: 2,136 Member
    gami43 said:

Pam - so glad you see a
    Pam - so glad you see a little improvement in your
    breathing today and hope it gets better each day.
    Hoping also this break will give you a chance to recoup
    and get stronger. Sending you lots of positive thoughts
    and hugs.

Luv, Teresa

It's always good to have a plan, Pam
    especially since you're feeling some relief. I bet you're even feeling better since you posted. So glad to hear your doctor is listening to you and working with you continue to move in a positive direction regarding treatment.

Best of luck and hugs,
    Renee
  • camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    Pam, so glad he listened and
    Pam, so glad he listened and came up with an alternate plan. Praying that your breathing continues to improve.

Carol
  • skipper54
    skipper54 Member Posts: 936 Member
    camul said:

Pam, so glad he listened and came up with an alternate plan. Praying that your breathing continues to improve.

Carol

Whew! That's a relief!
    Will keep you in prayers that this goes as hoped and that you continue to feel better.
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    camul said:

Carol

So happy Pam that there is
    So happy Pam that there is improvement for you. I will be praying that it will continue!

Sue :)
  • pinkpalette
    pinkpalette Member Posts: 112
    Ritzy said:

So happy Pam that there is
    So happy Pam that there is improvement for you. I will be praying that it will continue!

Sue :)

Hi Pam...
    I am "breathing" a sigh of relief for you! I bet you agree!!! It has been a nightmare and I'm delighted he listened and helped you. Thank goodness for no chemo and no neulasta. I pray the new drug will do exactly what it's intended to do for you. Catch up on some much needed rest and keep us informed how you are feeling. Take care Pam.

hugs,
    Debbie
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member

Hi Pam...
    I am "breathing" a sigh of relief for you! I bet you agree!!! It has been a nightmare and I'm delighted he listened and helped you. Thank goodness for no chemo and no neulasta. I pray the new drug will do exactly what it's intended to do for you. Catch up on some much needed rest and keep us informed how you are feeling. Take care Pam.

hugs,
    Debbie

Praying too that the new
    Praying too that the new drug will be the answer for you!

Hugs, Jan
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

Praying too that the new
    Praying too that the new drug will be the answer for you!

Hugs, Jan

Pam .. good news ... Hoping that things clear up ...
    with this new medication....

Gentle hugs,

Vicki Sam
  • CAchick
    CAchick Member Posts: 277
    The first thing
    Pam, the first thing is to assess, then make a plan! You now have that part done. I hope your plan works wonders for you!
    Hugs,
    Sybil
  • CAchick
    CAchick Member Posts: 277
    Sorry, held it too long!
    Blessings! I guess I held it too long!
    (Still hope your plan works...)
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    VickiSam said:

Pam .. good news ... Hoping that things clear up ...
    with this new medication....

Gentle hugs,

Vicki Sam

Praying for you Pam!
    Praying for you Pam!