Hi mates it's FRIDAY here! any interesting plans for the weekend ?

pepebcn
pepebcn Member Posts: 6,331 Member
Still summer weather here so beach........

Comments

• marqimark
    marqimark Member Posts: 242 Member
    Pool
    Saturday-I plan to take a drive in my lounge chair by the pool and read my book.

Lie on back, roll over lie on stomach, jump in pool, repeat.

Sunday back to work :)
  • taraHK
    taraHK Member Posts: 1,952 Member
    good weekend
    It's my chemo-free-feeling-good weekend -- so I am squeezing in as much socializing with good friends as I can (dinner Friday, dinner Saturday, brunch Sunday!) plus exercise.

The good thing about chemo is when the side effects ease and you start to feel 'normal' -- well, normal feels TERRIFIC.

Tara (temporary Superwoman)
  • buckeye2
    buckeye2 Member Posts: 428 Member
    It's our just off chemo
    It's our just off chemo weekend so will be taking it easy. Might try to squeeze some lake time in on Sunday as there are few weekends left before it's too cold. Lisa
  • relaxoutdoors08
    relaxoutdoors08 Member Posts: 521 Member
    Attend Women's Expo and Our Lady of Chandra Celebration Mass
    Pepe,
    I shall return the favor of your prayers when the Pope visited Spain. This weekend I will be attending the Women's Expo with several other teachers and participating in Our Lady of Chandra Devotion honoring Mary, Mother of God, and the healing that took place at Chandra India. Fr. Sebastian worked many years with Mother Teresa and he will be here to celebrate Our Lady and her help in healing those who are suffering. My friend just lost her husband to cancer. It was very hard to attend his funeral. This hopefully will help with the grief we are all feeling. Hopefully, this will renew our courage and hope.

My thoughts and prayers will be for all of us and our online friends and their families.
    Prayers,
    NB
  • ron50
    ron50 Member Posts: 1,723 Member
    g'day Pepe
    Getting up at two in the morning. Six hour drive up to Baffle creek. Eight days of non stop fishing. The big chill out.Been in so much pain lately I have been hanging out for some down time for six months. See you in a week or so,Ron.
  • pepebcn
    marqimark said:

Pool
    Saturday-I plan to take a drive in my lounge chair by the pool and read my book.

Lie on back, roll over lie on stomach, jump in pool, repeat.

Sunday back to work :)

Hugs Mark!
  • pepebcn
    taraHK said:

good weekend
    It's my chemo-free-feeling-good weekend -- so I am squeezing in as much socializing with good friends as I can (dinner Friday, dinner Saturday, brunch Sunday!) plus exercise.

The good thing about chemo is when the side effects ease and you start to feel 'normal' -- well, normal feels TERRIFIC.

Tara (temporary Superwoman)

Have a big fun with your friends !
    How the thinks work there to get out on a weekend ? easy? many places?
    Hugs Tara!
  • pepebcn
    buckeye2 said:

It's our just off chemo
    It's our just off chemo weekend so will be taking it easy. Might try to squeeze some lake time in on Sunday as there are few weekends left before it's too cold. Lisa

Enjoy the calm of the lake Lisa!
    Hugs!
  • ketziah35
    ketziah35 Member Posts: 1,145
    Working! Can you believe
    Working! Can you believe that it is only 3 months until Christmas? This is my time to work hard so that I have no issues in getting time off for Christmas and I have a job after Christmas. No pain no gain on this onem
    If we don't meet our obligations, we will lose over $20M in federal funds.
  • pepebcn

Attend Women's Expo and Our Lady of Chandra Celebration Mass
    Pepe,
    I shall return the favor of your prayers when the Pope visited Spain. This weekend I will be attending the Women's Expo with several other teachers and participating in Our Lady of Chandra Devotion honoring Mary, Mother of God, and the healing that took place at Chandra India. Fr. Sebastian worked many years with Mother Teresa and he will be here to celebrate Our Lady and her help in healing those who are suffering. My friend just lost her husband to cancer. It was very hard to attend his funeral. This hopefully will help with the grief we are all feeling. Hopefully, this will renew our courage and hope.

My thoughts and prayers will be for all of us and our online friends and their families.
    Prayers,
    NB

NB ,I appreciate it so much ,thank you for remember us in the
    celebration , I'm sure will help and encourage to all of us!
    Thank you again NB!
  • pepebcn
    ron50 said:

g'day Pepe
    Getting up at two in the morning. Six hour drive up to Baffle creek. Eight days of non stop fishing. The big chill out.Been in so much pain lately I have been hanging out for some down time for six months. See you in a week or so,Ron.

Great Ron that's awesome and you deserve !
    Take care of you, take your pills for pain and enjoy it!. see you in 10 days since I'm going to Mexico for a week!
    Hugs Mate!
  • pepebcn
    ketziah35 said:

Working! Can you believe
    Working! Can you believe that it is only 3 months until Christmas? This is my time to work hard so that I have no issues in getting time off for Christmas and I have a job after Christmas. No pain no gain on this onem
    If we don't meet our obligations, we will lose over $20M in federal funds.

Clever girl Ketz , hope you enjoy Christmas time! LOL.
    Big hug to you, still having my early coffee thinking of you!
  • laurettas
    laurettas Member Posts: 372
    Waiting
    We are waiting for the imminent arrival of our latest grandson--Joseph. Thought he was coming last night on our anniversary but we are still waiting. Hoping for later today-so in that case, we will be snuggling the newest addition to the family over the weekend. Can't wait--still so exciting even after five!!
  • pepebcn
    laurettas said:

Waiting
    We are waiting for the imminent arrival of our latest grandson--Joseph. Thought he was coming last night on our anniversary but we are still waiting. Hoping for later today-so in that case, we will be snuggling the newest addition to the family over the weekend. Can't wait--still so exciting even after five!!

This is are great news laurettas!
    Enjoy the baby and congratulations!
  • lisa42
    lisa42 Member Posts: 3,625 Member
    Going to a conference
    I'm leaving in a few minutes (Friday morning) to head to Anaheim for a huge women's Christian conference called "Women of Faith". Hope and pray my gut cooperates and I'm not too tired, as this was a chemo week for me. I'm still going & a friend and I are staying at the Hilton in Anaheim (that's fun for me, as my family usually goes cheapo on motels) :)
    I've been to this conference twice in past years & it's always good and uplifting- I'm really looking forward to it. I'll be home Saturday night again.

Lisa
  • plh4gail
    plh4gail Member Posts: 1,238 Member
    My little girl will be 10 on
    My little girl will be 10 on Sunday September 11 so we are going to be celebrating a birthday! Yes she was born the day soo many lost their lives. I love the story of Kacie.

gail
  • jjaj133
    jjaj133 Member Posts: 867 Member
    Going to Utah for 10 days.
    Going to Utah for 10 days. Visiting with a dear friend of 40+ years.
    My blood work today was perfect, so say the doc. So I am going a light heart and prayers for for everyone safety and health.
    My husband was not thrilled about travelling on the 10th. We have a 4 hr lay over in NY. Now we have a threat and i will have to blind fold him to keep him from getting too skittish!

Stay well everyone, Judy
  • Kathryn_in_MN
    Kathryn_in_MN Member Posts: 1,252 Member
    Started it last night
    We started last night by going to the horse races. I hadn't been out to Canterbury in many years - I worked there for 7 seasons, and saw people last night that I haven't seen since I left at the end of 1992! (They closed down for a year.) My daughter and her friend from the Czech Republic went with us. We came home up $$ for the evening, even after food and drinks! We are not big gamblers, and just put in our $2 bets - with my husband winning $29 the first race. My daughter and her friend won $36 on the last race. I had a few small wins in between. My husband and I ended up down $4 for the night, and my daughter and her friend ended up $25! Not bad for a fun night of entertainment, some snacks, and drinks.

Tomorrow my friend who works at the Renaissance Festival is getting us tickets. It is a lot of fun, and I look forward to it every year. Sunday is the start to our US NFL football season (the first game of the season was last night - but not for our team). We'll be cheering on the MN Viking's on Sunday! SKOL VIKINGS!

Our weather has been absolutely fabulous all week, and is predicted to be more of the same for the weekend. It is my off week for chemo, and I intend to enjoy it!
  • northernlites
    northernlites Member Posts: 96
    Plan to take my 2 yr old and
    Plan to take my 2 yr old and 1 yr old grand children to pick apples. The season is in already which means it will start to get pretty chilly here soon. I hope it goes well.... no bathrooms in the apple orchard!

tessa
  • Kenny H.
    Kenny H. Member Posts: 502 Member

Plan to take my 2 yr old and
    Plan to take my 2 yr old and 1 yr old grand children to pick apples. The season is in already which means it will start to get pretty chilly here soon. I hope it goes well.... no bathrooms in the apple orchard!

tessa

Recovering from colonoscopy, then fishing in the surf sat. Football is back so Sun tv sunday.