Been on Tomaxafin for 6 weeks

TKMomma
TKMomma Member Posts: 54
I've read all the side affects, etc. I'm having some of the usual ones as leg cramping and hot flashes. My question is ...... I'm soon to be 51 years old and was perimenopausal but still getting the deed every month. I have now skipped my first period which is 10 days late. Not complaining but for the past two weeks or so I am so crampy and back achy down there. At first I thought it was because it was my period or when I should have had my period but these cramps never last that long. There is no discharge or blood. Is this normal. I know tomaxafin can make alot of changes down in that area but in six weeks. I have a dr. appointment in a month and will discuss but just wanted to know if any of you in perimenopausal state soon to be 51 on tomaxafin has had such experiences.

Comments

• TraciInLA
    TraciInLA Member Posts: 1,994 Member
    I would check in with your OB/GYN
    I'm 42, and nowhere near menopause, so my own personal situation is different....but, when I went on Tamoxifen, my OB/GYN gave me strict instructions to call her if I were to have any spotting or bleeding between periods, OR any unexplained pain in the "down there region."

Because your body's in the process of working its way into menopause, that's probably the explanation, but I really think you should check in with your OB/GYN (who's more experienced than a general physician or even an oncologist with gynecological-related side effects of Tamoxifen), just to be safe.

Please keep us posted!

Traci
  • disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    I am now 52 on tamoxifen
    I am now 52 on tamoxifen for 3 yrs now! I did opposite-starting bleeding while on it after years of not. I HAD night sweats and leg cramps! I have since had hysterectomy due to thickening of uterus from the med! all good now...

I was told to have internal ultrasound @ 6mths! and then followed by D & C so decided on surgery

Denise